Applied Bank / Poor service!

Good Luck getting ANYWHERE with this so called bank-they will be the first to lend you credit and the last to commit to any customer service. We have been with them for a few years and now my balance is down to zero-yet I am being billed for a 11.92 month maintenance fee?? I totally agree if I HAD an outstanding balance-but I have NONE. I called the bank and spoke to someone who told me I HAD to pay it but I could dispute it through the FAX number [protected]. They refused to lower my interest rate of 29.99%-after paying them for a few years now... I am going to cancel the card. Well I just tried and their phone system is such a mess-it just keeps rerouting you to the computer link-giving you your balance and such-I tried to reach a human by reporting a lost or stolen card and I got kicked off the system and was told to call at another time!!! This is just another "bank" offering credit to slow/bad credit-the customer service is run out of someones bedroom. Choose another bank unless you are dying for credit.

Comments

10th of Nov, 2007

I am having trouble with this same company running credit inquiries on me constantly although I have not applied for credit with them and do not want credit from them. This is bringing my credit score down and I am in the process of trying to buy a home. They claim I have signed a contract for credit which is not at all true.

• Ni
      25th of Mar, 2008

I am getting billed of over the limit fee of 32.50 when I don't go over the limit and pay my bill on time..but once they charge the 10.95 monthly maintence fee they slap the over the limit fee. When you try to call you get charge 1.50 for each call..and thats with a compter...that also gives you another number to speak with a Rep and then its either busy or you are on hold forever...I am going to pay full balance and then close my account...Don't get sammed like I did...I am sending my complaint to the Attorney General's Office too.

• Ni
      25th of Mar, 2008

I mean Scammed

26th of Mar, 2008

Does anyone know who they were in 2001 they say I open an account with them but I dont know who they are never heard of them before. Did someone buy the company or has it always been this?

• Ap
      27th of Mar, 2008

This bank is a SCAM - SIGN UP AT YOUR OWN PERIL!!!

• Te
      3rd of Apr, 2008

They were Cross Country Bank in 2001.

6th of Apr, 2008

i use to work there on the collections floor the supervisors tell us not to waive fees and they charge a ridiculous phone payment fee

• Li
      7th of Apr, 2008

i called and after a good 20-25 min. figured out how to manipulate their phone maze and spoke to some idiot. I was informed that 23.99% is the lowest a.p.r. they offer.. I wanted to close the acct. but they still charge u all those bogus high fees until the acct. is paid in full...and don't EVER get into their bad graces. They will charge u back into the stone age!! Your really better off going to your local capo and negotiating a lower interest rate.

10th of May, 2008

You have a legitamate complaint about Applied Bank. Well the way to get total satisfaction is to file a complaint to the OCC.

This is the gov' t agenct that regulates the banks. Be patient communicate clearly. Go to their website and follow the procedure it works and the banks hate it.

• Di
      26th of Aug, 2008

I WAS LATE PAYING MY ACCOUNT WITH APPLIED BANK AND SOMEONE FROM THERE COLLECTION DEPARTMENT CALLED ME CONSTANTLY I TOLD THEM A CHECK WAS IN THE MAIL. AND THEY WANTED TO KNOW IF I WANTED TO PAY OVER THE PHONE I TOLD THEM NO, THEY AVE TO TO GET THERE CHECK THEY CALL ME EVERY DAY 4 AND 5 TIMES A DAY. I WAS CHECKING MY BANK TO SEE WHAT CHECKS HAVE CLEARED AND THERE CHECK HAD CLEARED. AND I SEEM ANOTHER DEDUCTION FROM APPLIED BANK THAT I DID NOT AUTHORIZED SO I CALL. THERE STORY IS THAT THEY HAVE TO INVESTIGATE. SO I TOLD THEM I WANTED MY MONEY BACK IN MY CHEKING ACCOUNT. I ALSO FOUND OUT THEY THE PEOPLE THAT CALL YOU FROM COLLECTIONS IS BASED IN INDIA. THATS RIGHT INDIA, AND THEY ARE THE ONES WHO CALL YOU. AND THEY DEDUCTED WHAT THEY WANTED OUT OF MY ACCOUNT WITH OUT MY AUTHORIZATION. THATS FRAUD AND STEALING. SO I AM GOING TO WRITE THE ATTORNEY GENERAL, AND BBB, AND CONSUMER AFFAIRS .