Appliancepartpro.com / Refund for faulty part

CA, United States Review updated:
3.35
These guys are absolutely horrible with their customer service. bought a refrigerator door gasket that arrived with a twist in it so that it was un-installable. I decided not to wait another week for shipping so went and bought one locally. When I contacted them to return the damaged part the woman I spoke with was rude, abrasive and basically said sorry your problem can't help you.
I wrote a heated email to them and two weeks later I get a RMA number to return it--shipped it off the next day and they received it the day after that--another week has gone by and still no refund.
These people are not only slow shippers but seem very hesitant to stand behind the products that they sell.

Please friends and neighbors, BEWARE

Comments

Sa
  10th of Mar, 2008
Sorry to hear you had problems with appliancepartspros.com. I have found them to be on-top-of all parts issues and very helpful. I refer customers to them all the time when we can't help them.

This is the first complaint I have ever heard. I hope it is an isolated incident.

Sarah
Sy
  31st of Dec, 2008
We've had a similiar experience - their return policy is to require that you get permission to return first - and then not reply to requests to return posted on their web site or email to customer service. All their "chat" and 800 number personnel can do is promise you'll hear - which you don't. We reported a problem with a part we received 5 days after we ordered it - "chat" couldn't help, so we emailed customer service. Waited 3 days for the promised "response usually within 24 hours". Went back online and filed a request for permission to return (required before returning anything to them). Waited another 6 days, then asked a respresentative on their customer service "chat" line about it. We were told we'd have a response the next day. We waited 2 more days, and asked someone on their 800 line about the return, and were told we'd have a response by the next day. Waited another 10 days and tried customer service email again. That was two days ago. We've been at this for weeks and they have ignored all of these messages - they've just blown them off - no permission to return the part, and no message giving a reason. The charge for the part is under $50 so my credit card company won't let me challenge it. We're stuck with a useless part, would never order anything from them again, and hope you won't either.
Sy
  6th of Jan, 2009
6 days after posting a description of our experience with AppliancePartsPros.com on a couple of consumer websites, we received a call with the explanation that our APP record showed an attempt to reach us by email and they were waiting for a full response. (We never received the email, but it's possible there was a typo in our address or the message was mistaken for spam and deleted.) We have now been promised a full refund to my credit card account, and should we receive it, we will be satisfied with the outcome.

AppliancePartsPro.com Logo AppliancePartsPro.com