Appliance Warranty Company / Bad Warranty Company

1 United States
Phone: 1-888-531-5403

“BAD” Choice Home Warranty
That’s what the company should be called – BAD CHOICE HOME WARRANTY! I have a home that is over 20 years old and have some original appliances. I was with another Home Service Company for 8 years and always kept my appliances in working order. I left them because they became too expensive and decided to join this company after looking at two or three other options. Boy did I make a mistake in choosing this company! My first claim experience with them was horrible. I placed a service call on a Monday morning, did not hear anything back and called them the next afternoon. They told me they had placed calls to several techs and would get back to me when one responded. I didn’t hear from them on Wednesday and finally on Thursday they told me they still hadn’t gotten anyone but I could try to find my own tech and they would reimburse me the cost to fix the problem. I got someone to come out on Monday morning (One week later!) and when the tech got on the phone to get authorization to do the repair – THEY DENIED THE CLAIM saying it was a pre-existing condition. What!!! If they only want to insure new appliances that have no wear and tear on them, then they should not take on a client that has a 20 year old house! I am fuming as now I have to get a new warranty company and will be out of pocket for the cost of fixing my refrigerator.
After doing a little more digging I find out that there are people who considering a class action lawsuit against them.
This is a BAD company – Do not make the same mistake I made.

Ke