Appleone Employment Services / Do nothing to help people find jobs

United States, Florida, Orlando Review updated:
AppleOne Employment Services
I have registered with both the Orlando and Altamonte offices in the past. Neither one has helped me find a job. I first registered with the Altamonte office in October 2008. My recruiter was very upbeat, but a little "ditzy". She interviewed me, but I did not take the skill tests in the office (which I thought was odd). She promised to email me the link to take the tests online. A few days went by, and no email. I left her a voicemail, no response. I emailed another recruiter and asked her to send me the link. She finally did, a few days later. I took the tests and scored well. I never heard from them again. I continually updated my availabilty through the web site. A few months later, I registered with the Orlando office, hoping to have better luck. I took the tests again (in the office) and scored well. I was offered a one-day assignment, which I accepted. I turned down an offer to work at the site the next day because I had no one to watch my child. I did not get any more calls for about a month. Then I got a call from another recruiter telling me about a job in a field in which I had basically no experience. I told her I did not have experience in that area and she said "oh well the client needs someone with experience." Then a few more weeks went by and my original recruiter called me to say she was submitting my resume for a data entry position. I heard nothing for a week so I called her. Left a voicemail. No response. Called again and left another voicemail. No response. I emailed her. No response. Finally she emailed me and said "the client hired someone else who had an accounting background." She knew I had no accounting background. So why did she submit my resume in the first place??
Please avoid AppleOne if you can. They do nothing to help you find work.

More Appleone Employment Services Complaints & Reviews

N  29th of Aug, 2009 by
Similar things happen to me. Never heard from anyone from Appleone.
N  31st of Aug, 2009 by
AppleOne in Long Beach, CA used to be the BEST! I started there when I was 19 with no clerical experience whatsoever, only a high school diploma, but they got the ball rolling FAST.

However, when I relocated to Orange, CA about 6 years later, I found the staff here a little more impersonal, and NOT ONE CALL after I applied and had a lengthy clerical resume by then, plus more skills and more education under my belt. I finally decided to go with OfficeStaff, and have found perm. placement since.

I think sometimes it depends on which exact branch, or even recruiter, you try to connect with.