Applebee's / no bread or rolls

1 1105 W. Reelfoot Ave.Union City, United States Review updated:

Tonight I had a steak dinner. To my surprise, I wasn't server bread or rolls. I asked for some and was told that they do not come with meals and that Applebees has decided that their patrons do not need bread products with their meals! I asked the manager about this and was told the same thing. I then called Applebees and talked with Customer Service (or lack of it!). The lady parrotted the same thing that I had already been told. No appologies, just that they do not serve bread! No I can understand if they do not want to serve everyone bread or rolls because of waste, but when someone buys a steak dinner and asks for break or rolls, I believe they should get them.
It appears to me that it is "Political Correctness" gone amock. Someone in the Applebees company decided that they do not believe that we need bread, so they are not going to offer it.
THERE ARE LOTS OF GOOD RESTAURANTS THAT WANT MY MONEY AND SERVE WHAT THE CUSTOMER WANTS, NOT JUST WHAT THEY WANT TO SERVE US. THEREFORE, I WILL NEVER VISIT A APPLEBEES RESTAURANT AGAIN!

Comments

• Ra
      15th of May, 2008

I believe it is a little to hostile of a comment over bread. While I am sympathetic to it, no where is it pictured or stated in the menu that you will be served bread or that it is even available. I know that Applebee's is one of very few resturants that do not serve bread but come on, if bread with your meal is that important and you specificly want Applebee's, get it to go and enjoy it at home with bread and butter...it's just bread.

• Sh
      14th of Mar, 2009

Actually, they do have bread. Toasted focaccia bread comes free with the pasta entrees. Also, you purchase a piece for .39 cents or .99 cents a basket.

• Ju
      17th of May, 2010
    Applebee's - I will not be going back there again
    applebees.com

I want to comment about the service my family received from Applebees located in the Cross County Mall. The waiters are slowful and management seems to be the same way. I will not be going back there again.

• Do
      21st of May, 2010
    Applebee's - Not only was the food very good, the service was quick and friendly
    applebees.com

I haven't been to Applebee's resturant for a spell. My husband and I rarely go out on a Friday night. We stopped into Applebee, and was quite surprised. Not only was the food very good, the service was quick and friendly. Everyone of the ggirls had a smile and the manager also was nice. We thoughly enjoyed our visit.

• Kr
      25th of May, 2010
    Applebee's - Waiters and manager smelling and using marijuana at work
    applebees.com

Waiters and manager smelling and using marajunna at work not good. Jackson Michigan store. just thinking of the kids exposed. What do you say when asked, whats that smell? it stinks. its called employee drugscreening do you support?

• To
      30th of Jun, 2010
    Applebee's - The food was awful
    applebees.com

We went to an Applebee's restaurant near Gulf Shores, Alabama. The food was awful. It was cold and tasted rewarmed from the microwave. I had a fettuccine Alfredo. Part of the noodles were crunchy from microwave warming and not being stirred during heating up. It was a real disappointment.

5th of Jul, 2010
    Applebee's - The first time I went to AppleBees, I had the worst service ever
    applebees.com

The first time I went to AppleBees, I had the worst service ever. I got food late and I got a bad table. The food had to be sent back because it wasn't hot enough, and after that I never went again.

• Sd
      6th of Jul, 2010
    Applebee's - This is the first American restaurant I've been to that had no BBQ sauce or ketchup
    applebees.com

This is the first American restaurant I've been to that had no BBQ sauce or ketchup. We had to ask for our unlimited top up on drinks and once food was served no one came back to check if we wanted anything else or even dessert.

Applebee's - Poor customer service
    Appleebee's
    3690 Cascade Road
    Georgia
    Phone: 404-691-6480
    applebees.com

Terrible customer service! A coworker and myself were seated by hostess during lunch hour 1/4/11 - sat for 15 mins and never once acknowldged by a single employee. No "I'll be with you in just a moment" not a glance in our direction, completely ignored. We got up, got our coats on, and STILL NOT one word from a single employee. Restaurant was NOT busy. Will never go to this restaurant location in future.

4th of Jan, 2011

I have received the same exact service at the Cascade location!!! It's terrible! Good help is hard to find these days! I don't know how people get and/or keep jobs some times!

4th of Jan, 2011

Ditto that!! TERRIBLE TERRIBLE SERVICE!! Applebee's cascade rd is not a good lunch time or any time place to eat! BEWARE!!!

21st of Mar, 2011
    Applebee's - Schedule
    1935 North Ocean Avenue 11738
    Farmingville
    New York
    Phone: 1631-758-0081

A server at applebees who is getting moved up to key manager has been making the schedule for all servers. Conflict of interest. His girlfriend works there ( whom he makes the schedule for) and also for his brother who just started working there and already has other shifts that are supposed to be earned through improvment. I dont believe a current surver should be making the schedule due to conflict of interest.

• Te
      23rd of Apr, 2015

We ate at Applebee's in Calhoun, GA a few weeks ago for the first time in several years. The waitress brought a basket of garlic cheese rolls to the table with our drinks. We absolutely love the garlic cheddar biscuits at Red Lobster so we were looking forward to eating these at Applebee's but they were terrible. We wished the waitress had spared us the disappointment by not bringing the bread out to us in the first place. Bread may not always be good for you but my husband and I love bread. We will be sticking with Red Lobster or Longhorn.

• Ru
      23rd of Apr, 2015

How many times do they have to tell you they no longer give rolls with your meal before it penetrates your thick skull. Why should they have to apologize, and further more telling you no is not poor customer service.

• Sh
      25th of Mar, 2016

@Teresa Cronon - why would you think because you enjoy the cheddar bay biscuits at Red Lobster that you automatically would enjoy garlic cheese rolls at Applebee's???? That's weird. And then to say you wished the waitress had spared you by not bringing them to begin with... well, how was the waitress to know if you would like them or not?

4th of Jun, 2016

I don't like that they don't have butter or sweet rolls. I really like the resturants I always know what to order, but they don't have rolls which makes me want to go to another resturant.

• Re
      13th of May, 2017

Oh poor you! You didn't get bread. Grow the ### up you whiney little ###!

• Br
      24th of Jun, 2017

Dear revenge hahaha: I to must have missed my personalized information flyer that was sent worldwide to each and every person that doesn't happen to eat Applebee's on a frequent basis. No need to be a smartass, grow up and learn manners.

Bread Eater who want informed