Applebees / worst food ever

1 1985 GEORGE DIETER, TX, United States Review updated:

Today my family and I oredered carside to go. We then sat down to eat only to be disgusted by the cold under cooked dry no flavor applebees food. We spent 80.00 dollars for this under quality meal. I will never. I mean never eat there again. My family all agrees and we plan to spread the word! So sad that they just opened another location 4 miles away what a waste of land, they should have put a chilis there!

Comments

• Wh
      21st of Apr, 2009

I personally won't go back to "CRAPPLEBEES" because they don't give you very much food for your money. Last summer I took my wife to the location in Barrie Ontario while we were vacationing out there, we got barely any food.

• Do
      5th of May, 2009

San Marcos Tx --- Applebees is just as bad when you dine in. They are always out of sauce. The two times I have eaten there they were out of honey mustard and also out of Bar-b-q sauce. The chicken strips tasted like fish (they were obviously fried with the fish or shrimp). The burgers taste worse than fast food burgers. It was a disgusting unappetizing experience. (I was not rude, and I know it is not the servers fault. It is bad management.)

• Ce
      12th of Jun, 2009

Applebees is crap food and gone downhill big time. I ate there awhile ago and will never go back . The steak is a joke and dried out no matter how you order it, and thin, tasteless. The veggies are soggy cold no flavor is right. The baked potato looked old and re-heated what a waste of money.

• Wh
      13th of Jun, 2009

centralmaine, I agree 100% with what you said. It's obvious that businesses don't care about their reputation anymore.

• Pf
      13th of Jun, 2009

it seems to be happening at alot of restaurants recently

i think they keep food around longer than normal because they will lose money if they just throw away old onions, lettuce etc.. or change the oil in the fryer too often.. but the truth is, customers arent stupid and its affects the quality of the food greatly when things are not fresh.. you might get one repeat visit, from a customer who understands that it could have been a fluke, but bad food twice in a row, cya, that customer is gone for good.

UGH!

Shut up Troll Jason, take a hike. When you turn 18 you can talk to adults, until then, go away with the underage juvies on this site. Go join facebook or something where people can relate to you. Man you are one f'g annoying gnat!

You're right Applebees sucks in most southern states. They hire people like jason to cook the food poorly.. 17 year old flunkies.

If you're going to splurge on $80 dinners, at least go to Longhorns. They have better food. Ruby Tuesday is no better than Applebees. We quit going there a while back. They're really getting coolie labor in these places. Most are illegals, so don't forget that.

• Ce
      13th of Jun, 2009

Oh ruby tuesdays is another waste of money yes. Longhorn steakhouse is very good I don't feel ripped off leaving. I like outback steakhouse the few times I have been there too.

13th of Jun, 2009

They are both very expensive places, but good service and great food and you're not hungry when you leave!

• Sh

Jason,

This person is an adult. I know because a child would not word a letter that way. You think everyone is a child, me and Tracy, etc. You are the only child I see here today. What are you doing for summer vacation? Didn't you get a job? Try Sonic!! LOL I hear you can make a lot of little tips there if you don't return the change! LOL!

• Sh
      13th of Jun, 2009

Anyway even if he wrote the letter for his parents, who cares? Zachary is allowed to make obscene comments and lies about others here. The site doesn't give a damn.

16th of Jun, 2009

I have been lurking this board shoelady, and he never posted obscene messages. You are just angry at him because he caught you out on your misspelling of liar and thief.

Louis/zachary

I am shoelady's daughter. You need a bath and a mouth washed out with soap for the lies you tell.

He did cite obscenities about me and her on a thread and you can't read anyway, so why are you even here? Didn't we tell you to get lost?

You said most adults don't type in caps? I beg to differ, because most do type in caps when they're angry and this person sounds angry. If you had half the knowledge my mom and I do, you'd be getting better grades in school and not getting left back.

Jason quit high school. We all know he can't spell or form original ideas. He is a loser. Don't follow his example.

16th of Jun, 2009

Tracy, Tracy, Tracy, my friend. You are so narrow minded. You think that everyone that disagrees with you is one person. This way your low self esteem is not affected so much because you think only one person is against you. Well, we all all seperate people. Most adults know how to type a professional letter. Now maybe if you went to see psychologist you would not think that everyone is after you. You are the fool. In one post you say that you have EVERYONE's email address, home location, parents names, ect, ect and in another you say that everyone is the same person. Well my friend you are wrong. Your "mother" is wrong. You expect us to believe that everyone is lying but you. Exactely how low is your self esteem that you have to make yourself believe this. Also when asked for proof claim the letter does not exict. The letter in question was written by you. You asked the letter deleted to get rid of the proof that it was you in the wrong. Everyone here knows this. So stop these little games will you. Also some reading lessons will be good for you because neither Louis nor Zachary posted on this thread. You must have very low self esteem to pick on a ten year old and spread lies about him.

16th of Jun, 2009

BTW, we all know Jason is a loser but you are no better. I also stand correct, Louis did post on this board. Zachary did not. Incase you did not notice the people you are harassing they ignored you yet you still spread lies about them. Why isn't shoelady monitoring what you post?

• Ka
      21st of Jun, 2009

The fact of the matter is corporate restaurants like Applebees are purely about cheap food and long hours. They feel that by staying open later and offering food at lower prices will make up for their lack of quality. These are the same restaurants that ship in their food pre-made and frozen and tell their servers to emphasize turning tables rather then good service and customer indulgence. However, they hurt their business by offering low quality food and sub-par service while hurting their employees by not training them to provide quality service that will improve their sales and their tip precentage. If quality is what you want, I suggest you go out to eat less often and go to a restaurant where the menu prices might not be as cheap, but where quailty food and service are available. Chili's is a good place for more frequent eating, and outback provides excellent service for a casual setting, and now they're more affordable. In short, find a restaurant that does most of their prepwork in house. You'll find fresher ingredients, better quality food, and a management and service staff that knows how to run a restaurant.