Apple Moving / Awful experience

We flew to Dallas, Tx. to take our furniture out of storage which we have paid $400.00 per month for about 21 months. We verbally scheduled to pick it up Nov. 26 (Wed), rented a moving truck. We called to confirm, once we got in Dallas, Tues. and they claimed we never set it up. We were told that the forklift was broken. They tell us to come on Fri. am and will try to rent one.

We get there and they claim brakes are broken on forklift and can't do a thing about it.They even take us in to look at forklift. So now we have to come back on Mon., Dec. 1. We get there and the same forklift is there, and the crew working it says we have to move out of the way because the brakes are broken, but they still used it! Now the people tell the Better Business Bureau, it was because of lack of manpower that we had to wait until Mon. We let that go.

After almost 2 years, they lost a custom made sofa that cost about 2500 dollars. They did have the seat cushions. They also lost a poolside cocktail table, a ladder, 8 antique cocktail/dessert dishes(from my mother), fake ficus tree (we had 2 and left one to go to the Salvation Army and we wanted to keep one). They claimed that we gave them both to the Salvation Army. We asked for the receipt from the Salvation Army that was left (we donated about 3 bedrooms of furniture, den furniture, ) and Deb Hogge told us that the Salvation Army rejected all of the items. Of course, we contacted the Salvation Army and did take the items and sent us a new receipt.

We had damage on a living room chair where the other l/r chair was stacked on top of it, while in storage. We even saw the crate when it was opened and saw them on top of each other. There is a dent in each arm rest of the chair which I don't know how it can be repaired. They claim there is no proof that they did the damage. They have never had an insurance adjuster contact us. The only compensation we are getting is $90.00. What can a consumer do? They have lied numerous time and never return calls. Please help us.

Vi

Comments

• Am
      8th of Apr, 2009

they are doing the same to us, they damaged my hard wood floor when they broke my queen sleeper sofa. the movers signed off on my receipt admitting they broke the sofa, but deb hogge says it can't be proved it was damaged in the move and the sent me a check for $84. 00!!! The estimates on the floor damage alone have amounted to $3, 500.00!!!

• Pl
      26th of May, 2009

Amanda we have gotten nowhere with them. I just hope people find out about these complaints before they use this co.