Apple iTunes / unauthorized charges

FL, United States Review updated:

I have been charged $99 for itunes which I don't even use. When I call the number apple gave my bank, the automated answer is to refer to "apple.com/support/cc". Of course there is no place to email my concern. So I call [protected] listed as a contact number and I found it is a bank wanting me to indicated "checking or savings account". So I found another number "[protected]" only to find I had to leave my phone number because offices were closed. I have filed a complaint with the BBB and have begun telling people about what has happened. Obviously, apple really doesn't care or they would have safeguards in place. Where is Dr. Deming when you need him????

Rd

Comments

• So
      Oct 20, 2008
    iTunes Download - Internet Fraud
    271 Tangley Way
    Lexington
    Kentucky
    Phone: 859-272-0037

I "pictured" and iTunes download an never received the software. All that happened was a merry-go-around effect to the point that I had to restart my computer to get outt of it. I WANT MY MONEY BACK!!
    The charge will be disputed if it goes to my bank.

Sondra M. Greer

• Th
      Nov 07, 2008
    iTunes Download - Internet Fraud
    mbcontacts.com
    Maryland

Can't believe I fell for this one -- greedy for unlimited itunes for my new Apple Shuffle. Input "itunes download" into google and the website came up as Google's first sponsored site. I completely blew off the fact that it was an org.cn site (Chinese) and purchased 3 years unlimited access for $49.68. The firm billing my card was MbContacts (not mentioned on the site which is now gone) and I attempted to access the services but all links led to the purchase page -- no login available. Called my bank (very helpful), the credit report firms, canceled the card I used and then called mbcontacts. Foreign voice (sounded East Indian) answered and claimed they would reimburse my card. I then called the Federal Trade Commission and filed a report. That's the best I can think to do. Oh yes -- also contacted Apple who was tremendously supportive and they have the information they need to pursue any remedies. Live and learn.

• Mi
      Dec 03, 2008
    (Www.itunescomaccess.com Or Itunescomstart.com) - MBCONTACT is a &bunch of crap&
    MBCONTACT.COM
    Colorado

Be carefull when you Google ITunes. The fallowing is one of the first two sites that come up. (www.itunescomaccess.com or itunescomstart.com) They offer 3 year unlimitted music, movies, ect for a 1 time fee of $49.95. DO NOT FALL FOR IT!! They deduct their fee right away. You can't get access or contact anyone to dispute this B/S scam. Any$$ that has been processed by MBCONTACT.COM is more than likely gone for good, unless you canceled it in time. -Very frustrating!

• Ko
      Dec 12, 2009
    Apple iTunes - all music and videos and ringtones are gone
    n/a
    1520 Lemon street
    DeLand
    Florida
    Phone: n/a

I installed itunes around 12:15 p.m. and hooked it up to my 16 gig iphone and after it did the synking I discovered that all my music, videos, and ringtones were all freaking gone! TELL ME NOW HOW TO FIX IT ALL AND GET MY VIDEOS, MUSIC, AND RINGTONES BACK. I will NEVER!!!

• Ko
      Dec 12, 2009

And I almost forgot, if you don't fix my iphone i WILL SUE itunes for 5, 000 $

• Di
      Jan 02, 2010
    ITunes - Downloads and Robert De Niro
    Pennsylvania

iTunes really sucks when it comes to downloads. In the beginning, iTunes tried to give me free benefits. A show, a song, and a little kid show. I said no and the downloads were always available when I did want them. I never did. When I decide to buy a song nowadays, the songs back up and duplicate causing more pain. I delte and delete, I pause and pause but nothing seems to work.
    Tonight, I decided with my new iTunes card, that I will be purchasing a Robert De Niro, because I am a HUGE fan of his. I purchase Midnight Run. I eagerly go to downloads to see a dozen holiday sampler's that my mother made me download. It failed but I fixed it. Now, when I try to purchase my new rented movie it backs up on me.
    iTunes, your system sucks and I hope you know I really hate your system and I will be switching and telling people YOU suck.

• Di
      Jan 02, 2010

I know right? It never fulfills.

• Jl
      Feb 23, 2010
    ITunes - cant purchase song
    itunes
    Montclair
    New Jersey

When i was purchasing songs on itunes, i searched a song. The song i wanted didn't come up. When i was on youtube listening to the same song there were comments saying how you could only buy the song if you lived in the united kingdom. I tried switching to the uk but it wouldn't let me unless i had a valid address and until i spent all my money that i had on my account. All i want is Ultraviolet by the Stiff Dylans on the United States Itunes!

• Za
      Mar 19, 2010
    iTunes Store - music videos not available in Australia
    New South Wales
    Australia

I purchased Criminal Minds episode "P911" (Season 2 Episode 2), It downloads under the name "P911" but the video downloaded is actually episode "The Perfect Storm" (Season 2 Episode 3)

• Va
      Mar 28, 2010
    iTunes Store - music videos not available in Australia
    Darwin
    Northern Territory
    Australia

Why isan't P!nk's music video Glitter in the Air available in Australia yet? I have been waiting a couple of months - I can't see why there needs to be a delay? I am sure it will be a big hot here. So please make it available.

• Ed
      Jul 08, 2010
    ITunes - New software
    apple.co.uk

I downloaded the new iphone software for my iPod touch. I assumed that like the other software updates, all of my music and files would remain on my iPod. However, I went to access my music on my iPod to find it completely empty. This is not a slight floor in your products design, it is ridiculous. For much of the music on my iPod I won't be able to find as it has been removed from old computers or was purchased on the iPod. At least, if this is the case for future updates you could put a warning before installing informing trusting customers such as myself that the "improvement" may in fact wipe your library.

• Hi
      Jul 12, 2010
    ITunes - Unannounced deletion of data
    England, Greater London
    United Kingdom

iTunes artificially caps the amount of comments a users can attach to their own files, be that music or video! I record a lot of video myself and like to attach stories to them, but thanks to iTunes those thoughts of mine have to be within 255 characters (including spaces!) and anything after gets deleted, permanently!

There my files and I don't see why I can't have as much in the way as comments as I like. The problem is that there is no count down to what you have remaining like you'd expect and there's no message after saying that iTunes deleted what you wrote, so you don't even know!

If you feel this is wrong or are actually affected by it then I have created a petition and if you sign it then maybe I'll get enough signatures to submit it to Apple and have them reverse this unfair cap:

• Co
      Jul 28, 2010

thats why I never buy music hehe, download it for free my friend

• Ra
      Nov 05, 2010
    Itunes Microsoft - miss lead

I was miss lead about buying a 3 year package that i did not need. I did not finishwith the transacion but the took my money anyway!!!

• Li
      Dec 27, 2010
    Ipod / iTunes Account - no download services for account
    Lemon Grove
    California
    Phone: 619-741-5451
    mbcontact.com

On 12/29/08, $49.96 had been deducted from my bank account for what we believed was an itunes account for my daughters ipod. Its been two years and there has been no apple id information provided or passweord for log-in for account usage. Now looking up the information from my bank account, all I have found is this website to file a complaint and loads of references to "scams", "fraud" and no services being provided. I would like to find out if there is any way to have my money refunded to get a legitimate itunes account?

• Ho
      Jan 04, 2011
    ITunes - Aple or Mac or itunes
    APEX Semiconductor GmbH
    Germany

I have just purchased an IPAD, and I also have a few mac notebooks and IMACS.

The software is running better than windows stuff, but Apple seems to be so greedy.

This company just has the intention to control your computers content, and is becoming a big threat to liberty.

I really start to worry about this company and what they really do. For everything they do, they just want your money, and they want to control your data.
    Just be careful, how much you purchase from them and what you syncronise over their server.
    This company seems to be or to become big brother of all governments worldwide, or of all secret services.

• St
    Apple iTunes and Iphone - Parental Settings Do NOT Work
    Apple Inc.

I setup parental controls on my 12 year old son's iphone. However, itunes allowed him to purchase and download explicit material. I requested a refund for all charges and explained my issue but APPLE refuses. What is the point in offering parental controls if APPLE refuses to honor them? As a parent I try to sensor what my child is exposed to. Apple has violated my right to do so. There should be some force of action again this!

Jun 23, 2011

This is Joanne Sanfdford I have been overcharged $70.00 I expect this overpay back.

Jun 23, 2011

I have been waiting 4 days to get reply.

• Je
      Jun 25, 2011

I agree with the comment above.

Jul 11, 2011
    ITunes - Money theif
    ITunes
    Canada
    Apple.com

I got 2 apps (cartoon wars 2 & cyanide and happiness ) and they were both 99 cents and 13 cents tax but it charged $7.98 in total ??!

•   Sep 01, 2011

Download the mp3.

• Be
      Sep 28, 2011
    ITunes - Faulty Billing
    Apple Itunes

I am very disappointed in Apple Itunes. They allowed my children to download apps from their store although the bank declined the charges on their prepaid cards due to insufficient funds. When I contacted Apple I was told that the cards should not have been accepted on the website as a source of payment but they will not remove the charges from their itunes account that should have never been allowed through. I was also told by a supervisor that itunes is in the business of making money so they will let charges go through whether the bank authorizes them or not. I am glad that I did not link an actual credit card to their accounts! Until the charges are paid they cannot even download updates for the apps that they previously bought. It's too bad that they will no longer be able to use the itunes store with their ipods because I am not about to pay Apple money for allowing kids to make purchases with insufficient funds.

• He
      Sep 28, 2011

so you think itunes should take the loss and your kids get free downloads when the rest of us have to pay? I would talk to your kids or set up a password so they can't download a thing without your permission...it is not itunes job to parent your kids

• Ro
      Mar 14, 2012

I recieved an itunes charge to my checking account, which I did not make. I have never been on a apple web site. I called the phone number on my account statement, and I get a recorded message to go on line for help. There is no phone number to call so I can resolve this issue with a real person. I get another phone number, 877-588-7019 I get arecording saying the customer service line is experiencing system problems, and please call back later. For three days now I still keep getting the same recording. Why does Apple refuse to list a real customer service phon number where people can resolve fraud issues ?

• Pe
      Apr 16, 2012

I have unauthorize charge on my itune account, And can't find a number to speak to a live agent.

• Mi
      Apr 17, 2012

I have recieved fraud charges on my account and can't get a phone number to talk to someone about this matter so I feel apple is just as crooked as the jerk that used my money.

Mick Stoddard

• Da
      Jun 20, 2012

Daniel Wagner
    002168754492253 in the amount of $ 14.99. Mc 5735. Last 4 on my account 4345.
    Never authorized this and or this amount to be deducted from my account
    I want this reversed, credited back to my account,
    I want certification that his has been done immediately
    [protected]@yahoo.com
    Sincerely
    Daniel Wagner

• Th
      Jul 03, 2012

My granddaughter bought one song from apple .Now they keep taking money out of my account. The number listed on the transaction just tells you to go on line.Who has their freckin number to talk to a human?

Jul 09, 2012

My bank account has been WIPED OUT ... And is in the red because ITunes not only let the gift card go through but allowed unauthorized purchases to go through and charged my bank card another $120.60. This is not acceptable. When the the gift card is exhausted why did it not notify the user ??? It's shameful for a multi billion dollar company to steal money from people and make it out to be our fault. I am very much pissed to say the lest. There is no actual number to call to talk to someone. That's because they know there wrong and what they are doing is wrong.

• Ab
      Jul 12, 2012

I have received unauthorized charge in my bank account please revers 52.99 Dollor to my account. That is not my transaction. I am trying to reach the iTunes store but the system leads to use by iTunes support . That is not fair please refund my money as soon as possible

• Kw
      Jul 30, 2012

I have received unauthorized charges in my bank account totaling $800.00 from 7/16/2012-7/17/2012. I never once used iTunes. Every number that I have for iTunes is a recording. After reading all the other comments there is no doubt iTunes is ripping people off there should be a class action law suit ! If anyone get a phone number, address, or email please let me know.

• Ka
      Sep 04, 2012

i havwe three unauthorized charges to my debit card

• La
      Sep 24, 2012
    iTunes from Apple - chaarge
    apple i tunes
    New York

There is a one dollar charge yet I only had the phone a few days and didn't download anything

•   Sep 24, 2012

So you contacted ITunes and asked about the charge and they said...

Sep 28, 2012

I got screwed for $34.05 (all that was in my checking account at the end of the month) from iTunes for an unauthorized purchase. I never have purchased ANYTHING from iTunes. I called 800-275-2273 and got a recording. As per a friend who is in the know, I pushed "O" several times and actually was connected to a live person. I told them about the fraudulent purchases on my account and I am currently on hold with someone in the "fraud department." We will see what happens. Word of wisdom--If you want to bypass all the computer voice stuff--punch the "O" on your phone a few times and you will get a live person. and...DON'T BY ANYTHING FROM iTunes!!!

• Br
      Oct 17, 2012

If I purchase a 5.99 game, I am charged twice for one purchase. I never purchased another game after that. Now I am getting charges on my checking account that I never authorized and it has put my account in overdraft. Now the 5.99 game has cost me 40.99!!!
    How do we contact a live person to fix this crap!!!

• Ro
      Oct 30, 2012

What is written here has also happened to me - 4 charges one month, 4 more the next - what can we do to fight this??? I will follow this to see if someone has an answer - will there be a class action suit???? - Rob Schneider

• So
      Nov 03, 2012

I also have been getting every month charges from itunes. I tried the number on my bank statement and it gave me a website to go to but I can't get on it because I don't have an account. If anyone has found a number to reach or how to get these charges stopped please let me know!

• Gr
      Nov 11, 2012

I received an iTunes charge to my checking account, which I did not make. I called the phone number on my account statement, and I get a recorded message to go on line for help. There is no phone number to call so I can resolve this issue with a real person. I get another phone number, 877-588-7019 I get arecording saying the customer service line is experiencing system problems, and please call back later. For three days now I still keep getting the same recording. Why does Apple refuse to list a real customer service phone number where people can resolve fraud issues ?