Apollo Van Lines / Do not use them

United States Review updated:
Apollo Van Lines
If you doubt my words, go to the website consumeraffairs.com I did, but only after I hired Apollo Van Lines based upon the "honesty and integrity" of the salesman sent to my home to give me a binding estimate of the move. Well, he wasn't off by 10% or even 20%--it cost me double what he told me it would. And then, they would not deliver my stuff to me until I paid them the whole bill in money order or cash; if I had been allowed to pay by credit card, I could have disputed the bill and refused to pay...but they know this. Every complaint registered about them is ABSOLUTELY TRUE! And when you try to call them to discuss your concerns, the owner of the company is truly one of the rudest people I have ever encountered.
If you are looking for a horribly stressful move wherein a lot of your prozed possessions are broken, and the moving company won't pay the insurance claim (which is a legal contract), by all means hire Apollo. Otherwise, do not call them for your move, even if they are the last mover on earth. Don't be like me and check out the consumer affairs website after your move...you, like me, will be reading the complaints of others and saying..."Wow, that's exactly what happened to me." I cannot believe they are still in business...

More Apollo Van Lines Complaints & Reviews

D  8th of Nov, 2009 by
WoW! My experience with Apollo was completely the opposite! When I first called to inquire about an estimate, the office was very helpful, and corteous, they called to confirm and my estimator came on time and was very professional. On move day also the truck arrived on time and the guys did a wonderful job of packing everything, they moved quickly and seemed very professional. I offered them something to drink and they didn't even stop to take it. My delivery was to Colorado and it came on time, packed just as nicely as when it was loaded onto the truck. I was so impressed I recommended them to some co workers who were also relocating, and to a couple of my family members. I never heard any complaints from any of them either. My move was recently in Oct. 2009 so maybe they have changed some staff or something, but my move was smoother then I ever could have expected. I was very pleased with there services.
D  9th of Mar, 2010 by
One positive review does not make up for the hundreds of stories out there that blast Apollo.

Please call the Department of Trasportation and ask for their file on Apollo Van Lines out of Glendale. After my stuff was taken hostage, I talked to a person there who actually said "my god" when reviewing the complaints against them.
A  21st of Aug, 2010 by
Stay away from them. Period.
They were supposed to be at our house at 9:00 a.m. After 3 hours and 4 phone calls they put me through to the driver who said he was about an hour away and stuck in traffic. He was coming from another job which they had of course scheduled for the same day and time as mine.
Dragged their feet (thanks Pablo, but I am not paying you to play soccer with my son) to the point that I essentially loaded and unloaded the truck MYSELF.

At 9:00 p.m. I took the last box off the truck and paid the bill which was $100 more than the estimate (they decided to charge for fuel). A month later I received my credit card bill. 4 charges on it that I did not recognize. 1 cell phone, 2 plane tickets and 2 separate Western Union cash transfers wired to Puerto Rico. After a lot of phone calls I got AT&T wireless to tell me who the phones were shipped to. Malik at Apollo Van Lines.

Apollo Van Lines Logo Apollo Van Lines