Apollo BSR Hospitals / Commercialisation and unethical hospital approach

India Review updated:

My mother 74 years, a paralyzed person was brought to Apollo BSR Hospital, Bhilai, Chhattisgarh for checkups on 23 March 2012 at around 3 PM as she was feeling cold with sweat. I tried to book her appointment over phone (as she was to travel from Rajnandgaon to Bhilai, about 35 KMs with escort by my sister) from United Kingdom but I have been told that there is no such facility of booking appointment in the hospital. Later on the same day, she was shown to Dr Rajesh P, Consultant Neurology of this hospital. Consultant has advised her to go for several tests including CT scan and asked her to be admitted in the hospital and provided estimate of Rs 20000. As this amount was reasonably high and to give feedback of her past treatment at Delhi, I tried to speak to this consultant over phone who behaved very rude and adamant and not spoken about her clinical manifestation which is immoral and unethical for this noble profession and then she was bound to be taken away.

The similar incidence has happened in past in August 2010 in same hospital with another consultant Dr Dilip Ratnani when my mother was admitted for cardio vascular problems and I tried to speak to the consultant with willing to take parallel opinion overseas i.e, in United Kingdom prior to her cardio vascular surgery which was strongly recommended by this doctor (with triple vessel disease which was later identified as double vessel disease by reputed hospital in Delhi). He took it personal and questioning to his knowledge and experience and not cooperated which is unethical for this noble profession.

These instances reflect serious behavioral and approachability concerns with this hospital. On the other side hospital has vision and mission statement which mentions “human touch” and “we touch lives” etc which is completely missing and surprised to see the flash at hospital website being awarded best quality award "ACE 25 PARAMETER" (Apollo Clinical Excellence) with BSR Healthcare Group figures in health care magazine as best entrepreneur Dr. M.K. Khanduja.

Necessary action is solicited.

Akash Nashine
Son of Mrs Sushila Devi Nashine (patient)

Note : Tried calling several times to discuss this matter with Dr. M.K. Khanduja, Chairman & MD of this hospital over his mobile number +91 [protected] on 23 March 2012 until 730 PM IST. His son Dr Rohitas Kanduja when called at hospital at tel no +[protected], informed at around 630 PM that his father has reached Raipur Airport but hasn’t picked my phone which appears intentional. Also, Dr Rohitas Khanduja after listening this subject told me over phone that consulting doctor to your mother (Dr Rajesh P) is not supposed to inform patient or his attendant why he is asking for specific test (CT scan) in this case when asked for. When I said I will take-up this matter with Ministry of Health, India he said “kindly do so”. Note that we have paid thousands of rupees to this hospital in past for my mother’s medical treatment and this is the approach and behavior of hospital management including consultants, which is definitely a subject matter of consumer complaint.

Comments

• Ak
      23rd of Mar, 2012

Necessary action is solicited.

Akash Nashine
    Son of Mrs Sushila Devi Nashine (patient)

Note : Tried calling several times to discuss this matter with Dr. M.K. Khanduja, Chairman & MD of this hospital over his mobile number +91 9826632070 on 23 March 2012 until 730 PM IST. His son Dr Rohitas Kanduja when called at hospital at tel no +91 788 4085100, informed at around 630 PM that his father has reached Raipur Airport but hasn’t picked my phone which appears intentional. Also, Dr Rohitas Khanduja after listening this subject told me over phone that consulting doctor to your mother (Dr Rajesh P) is not supposed to inform patient or his attendant why he is asking for specific test (CT scan) in this case when asked for. When I said I will take-up this matter with Ministry of Health, India he said “kindly do so”. Note that we have paid thousands of rupees to this hospital in past for my mother’s medical treatment and this is the approach and behavior of hospital management including consultants, which is definitely a subject matter of consumer complaint.

• Vv
      7th of Sep, 2018

Even Investor or who Made Savings with BSR are getting there Money Back which is in Crores in Total..