Apollo Brake & Muffler / DECEPTIVE

1 WEST 2 AVE & KINGSWAY LOCATIONSVancouver, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 604 874-9977

VERY HARD TO GET YOUR PAY CHECK. IT'S EITHER NSF OR THEY PUT A STOP PAYMENT ON IT.THAT MEANS NO MONEY. JUST THINK IF THEY DO THIS TO THEIR EMPLOYEES WHAT DO THEY DO TO THEIR CUSTOMERS. I THINK THAT THIS TYPE OF CONDUCT IS NOT ACCEPTABLE IN TODAYS WORLD OF BUSINESS.CAN YOU IMAGINE AN EMPLOYEE WORKS 2 WEEKS, HE GETS HIS PAY CHEQUE, GOES TO THE BANK TO CASH IT, THEN IS TOLD THAT THERE IS NO MONEY IN THE ACCOUNT.THIS IS VERY UNETHICAL, AND IS POOR BUSINESS.THIS COMPANY SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO OPERATE IN THIS MANNER.

St

Comments

Ap
  21st of Jan, 2009
Agree Disagree -1 Votes

Apollo Muffer and Speedy Brakes on 2nd ave.

Took my car in for an oil change. They overfilled by 1.5L.

Told me that there is leak from transmission pan, and I agreed to seal it. They then told me the transmission is "done for" because the oil was burnt. They wanted me to let them rebuild the transmission.

I had the car towed out of there because they claim that they cannot just put oil in transmission. They claimed that the transmission would die two blocks from there.

So I towed the car to another shop. Guess what? There was NOTHING wrong with the transmission. Either they are incompetent or they were trying to scam me.

Don't go there. While I was there, I noticed they kept on asking their customers to do more work than they went in for. They don't deserve to be in business.

Ho
  9th of Oct, 2009

DO NOT do business with Apollo Muffler/Speedy Brake on W 2nd Ave Vancouver!!! They will try their very best to rip you off, overcharge you, and outright lie about what is wrong with your vehicle!! I took my truck in to have the transmission looked at as it was slipping a little. I authorized a $60 diagnostic, which turned into we need to take the tranny out, agreed on $300 to do that work. Once out I was told $4300 + tax to repair. Called around and the highest quote was $2200 any where else in the city. When I told them I was picking the truck up they freaked out! Told me they could do it for the same (so instantly dropped their price by 50%. I still said no as I was now feeling scammed. Then was told I owed not the $300 agreed but almost $900 because the sales guy didn't realize how long it takes to get a tranny out of a ford f-150 (not like this is a rare vehicle) Told me it took over 8hrs just to get it out...not likely. So told me I should let them do the work as I already owed them half. Luckily, I tape recorded the conversation with the dirt bag on the phone as I felt like something wasn't right. So I had his quote on tape. Finally after 1 week of my vehicle being held hostage, I threatened to go to the media, they realeased my vehicle. Given the details the new shop suspects very little is wrong with the tranny, will update when I know. When I went to pick up the truck there were 2 guys out front picketing with signs saying "Don't do business here they will rip you off" so not just me. check the BBB they have had 10 consumer complaints in a very short time...Avoid these guys if you want to keep your sanity intact. They are total bottom feeder's... 0 star rating

Af
  27th of Jul, 2010

I had dropped my car off a year ago to finish off the inspection in order for me to get ICBC Insurance. The first time I had visited their shop, I asked for the inspection report as well as an oil change. They finished the inspection, didn't do the oil change, and had lost my keys for 2 hours. I paid for the inspection but never received a copy of it. They said they would call me back when they had the parts in. They never did. So I thought I would give them another chance since I had the inspection done already and didn't want to pay for it again. So I brought it in again 2 weeks later. They told me at first that my windshield would be done that day and I could pick it up in the evening. It wasn't completed. Tuesday comes along and they find out that I need a driver side view mirror and a door handle on the passenger side. I told him that I only had $500 as I was a student. He said don't worry about it. and so Finally Wednesday comes around and I swing by to pick it up. I looked at my bill and it was $850 +. I can understand if it is around $100 difference but this was rediculous. It was understandable that I was frustrated with the wait and the time wasted travelling to and fro with the update changes to when my car was ready. The old man said that he got the car passed, a few other things on my car needed to be done. First thing going through my head is.. Fraud... Failure to ask for consent, and just bad business altogether. I paid the $500 and left with the car. I also heard from my roommate that he brought his car in 2 months after mine and asked for a brake job to be done. They quoted him $600.00, when he came back to pick it up they jacked it up to $1000.00... they said they could bring it down to $800.00 but that was all... He is a student as well.

De
  28th of Mar, 2011

Apollo muffler did an oil change for me. Shortly after it started leaking pretty bad so I brought it back for them too take a look. With my car on the lift they confirmed the oil filter was loose and it was leaking from the oil pan where the oil plug is fastened. They told me the threading on the plug or the pan is probably stripped and I should monitor the oil levels until the following oil change as there probably wouldn't be much of a problem. After a week the oil levels were very low so I brought it back again. They confirmed the threading on the oil pan was stripped and I would need a new one. They ordered me a new oil pan and told me the service would take 1.5 hours but they would only charge me for 1 hour. When I got my bill I was charged in full for 1.5 hours of labour, a new oil pan and oil for the oil change (roughly $430).
Although the stripping of the treading was clearly their fault they wouldn't own up to it. They said it could have happened anywhere, even though it was clear that both the filter were loose and the pan dripping shortly after the oil change I had done there. They then tried to tell me they gave me a deal on labour as the job should have been 4.5 hours of labour and they only charged me for 1.5. What a crock. I managed to argue with them enough to take $100 off the bill. They said they wouldn't take ownership or responsibility for the leak.

Don't go here for anything.

Ih
  19th of Jan, 2013

I agree with all the posts here. I have gone to this outfit two times and each time they cheated me: the first time I paid 20% over the agreed amount and today I was charged 65% over the agreed price of service. They just get more brazen each time. I agree the best solution is to avoid this place. I won`t be back.

Ih
  19th of Jan, 2013

I was charged $130 more than the price the said it will cost. PLUS they had scraped my bumper against another car. They denied it. Crooks crooks crooks.