Apex Professionals / loss of my time

1 6830 n eldridge parkway suite 101Houston, TX, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-950-5713

My husband and I had to sit thru almost 2 hours of a lot of double talk with the company apex, they wanted us to give them over $1800 AND my timeshare deed to end my obligation of owning a time share. I was under the impression they would BUY my timeshare to end my obligation, NOT have me give them money. WHAT A JOKE. AND A WASTE OF MY TIME. they should be banned from having these awful scams.

Ro

Comments

• Da
      15th of Nov, 2008

I actually signed the dotted line with this company a few months ago and I we are totally happy. We had a timeshare with El Dorado Resorts and these guys went to bat for us and got us out of a moneypit. We had called and called El Dorado and they were unwilling to work with us after I was out of work. Sure it cost a bit of money, but ultimately Apex's small fee is better than the MULTIPLE THOUSANDS I used to owe. Rosanne, no offense, but if your that naive to think this company would do you a service for free, when you were silly enough to get into a timeshare in the first place... your crazy lol. You have no reason to complain about a company you have never worked with lol. Take it from me people, someone who is grateful to be out of this timeshare nightmare, go with these guys to get you out of your timeshare. If you don't choose this company, even though I would recommend them, at least get out of your timeshare somehow. Timeshare's are a fraud.

• Ol
      16th of Nov, 2008

I also sold my timeshare through these people and was very happy with everything. I felt good about them when I met with them and everything happened during closing that they said would happen.

They had lots of customer testimonials and they are really a good company. I found some more online about them that you might find interesting. The owners recently gave $10, 000 for thanksgiving food baskets for families that can't afford a nice thanksgiving dinner.

Anyway, it worked out great for me and my family who did not want the timeshares.

• Fi
      20th of Nov, 2008

I happen to know these guys are credible. They successfully took my timeshare off my hands. No more increasing maintenance fees... amen. Besides we never used our timeshare anyway.

20th of Nov, 2008

My timeshare sold VERY easily with these guys. Granted I had a newer timeshare and not some run down place in South Dakota or something. I was uneasy at first, but after meeting with them I decided to give this a try. I received notice the sell of my timeshare had completed successfully! This is not a scam. I'm sure there are scams out there, but Apex was really helpful and professional.

• Th
      21st of Nov, 2008

Many timeshare owners receive money on the spot for their timeshares. I have worked with Apex and I came away with the opposite experience. The meeting was helpful and informative, although it reminded me of how silly I was to buy my timeshare in the first place lol. I am a success story. No scam here.

• Ig
      28th of Nov, 2008

I have timashare flex week and wanted to sell it, but by now all those marketing companies are only taking money upfront and no sail offers came since 2005.
    Why this one is different?
    If there any upfront fee involved, than that's a scam, in my view.
    Please, advise.

• Ri
      1st of Dec, 2008

I have been trying to sell my timeshare for about 2 years and the so called resellers never call back after getting my money based off what my timeshare is worth does Apex give you a fair price for it? Or am I just expecting to much

• Ru
      6th of Dec, 2008

I just signed with these guys last night. I wasn't as skeptical as most because I have had my timeshare for 20 years now, and nothing surprises me anymore. I've been trying for 7 years now to unload it, and can't even give it away. So I went into this knowing I was probably going to have to PAY to get out of this. And that's exactly what this company is all about. Each case is different, so I won't get into mine too much. But if you want out, just remember what your savings are going to be over the longrun by not having it. So if it costs you something now, do it. I will warn you that what the costs are to you that they charge you are all the closing costs, which is ususally paid by the buyer, not the seller. But they feel that they are doing you such a huge favor, that that's where they make their money. I didn't care at this point, so I went for it. Do some homework first. Call your resort and find out what their transfer fees are when "reselling" the timeshare. My resort, for example, doesn't charge anything. But Apex will tell you that the average resort is $600! I was able to cut that out of what they were trying to charge me because I produced written proof. Also, they will try to charge you legal fees and title search fees. Call a lawyer in the town or city where your resort is and simply ask approximately how much they normally charge to do this. Then at least you can negotiate with Apex on that, too. These people will negotiate with you until you reach a number that's comfortable for you. What they don't make on you, they'll make on someone else.

• Ga
      8th of Dec, 2008

My wife and I attended one of these presentations recently and while it may not be a scam, I wouldn't say it was a great thing either. We have 2 timeshares and wouldn't mind only having one. Unlike some people who have posted messages, we use, exchange or are able to rent them out every year. We did list once w/ a "timeshare resale company" for about $100 and quickly learned that was bogus. I really didn't know what to expect w/ Apex. However, I did not expect to have to pay $3500 for them to "relieve me" of my timeshare. We stayed for the whole presntation. They do not sell your timeshare. What it sounds like is they place it with a travel company. They showed us a Costco Travel magazine showing travel offers that they tried to say were approximately what our maintenance fees are. They are not. I went on Costco's web site and it's not much cheaper or the same as deals you see in the paper or anywhere else. They showed us a paper w/ timeshares for sell on ebay for $1. What they didn't show was that the closing costs are around $400. I don't know if there's more charges if you do it on your own, but I bet it doesn't add up to $3500. I looked at some of the selling prices on ebay and they ranged from $25 to into the $1000's. They said there would be tax savings over the next three years doing this. They are probably correct but I'll keep my $3500 now and seek other alternatives. In the end, ironically, it was exactly like a timeshare presentation. The guy went through his info, went back to talk to a guy, came back and when we said no, left again and came back w/ the guy to rehash everything.

I guess what it comes down to is if you're really desperate, don't use or are otherwise dissatisfied w/ your timeshare, this may be one option. We use our timeshares so this wasn't what we were looking for. But I can't help but think there may be other less expensive options.

• Ha
      21st of Jan, 2009

Well, I too was suspicious, though I went in hoping they would pay me a nominal amount to take over my timeshare. But the information they shared with me, and certain experiences I have had, convinced me that the cost of maintenance fees ($800 this year), and two weeks of exchanges each year ($150 average), would add up pretty quickly to the amount they asked to take the timeshare off my hands.

I had offered to sell it to any of my friends or family members who wanted it, and no one was interested. I had signed up with two different timeshare rental/sale outfits, who each wanted $350 to advertise it. And I'm now retired and my son has a low-paying job so we are unable to keep up with the costs.

I was shown evidence that even if I wanted to just forfeit and give up the timeshare, I would still be legally bound to pay the maintenance fees forever, and that I could not even donate or give it away.

• Ts
      17th of Mar, 2009

what a shame!these timeshare companys and anything asociated with them are all CROOKS!i have never been so disappointed with anything more than the entire timeshare scheme.i"ve spent more time and money with so called" professionals" that i"M sick of it!i regret ever having gotten into this timeshare mess!

17th of Mar, 2009

How many people do you think who got rid of their timeshares would want to write positive comments about a company on complaintboard? Jonathan Gibbs is behind this.

18th of Apr, 2009

Take a look at the connection between Apex Professionals and WE Collect Timeshares

• Th
      26th of May, 2009

I went to Apex’s presentation this past weekend and was very close to using their services until I did some research. There are numerous complaints against this company and evidence of this company being owned by Jonathan Gibbs, the previous owner of ‘We Collect Timeshares.’ The evidence is very convincing such as the closing service company Apex uses is Preferred Transfers LLC, which is owned by Christine Gibbs, wife of Jonathan. (http://www.redweek.com/forums/messages?thread_id=15335) If this is the case, I am definitely not using Apex because ‘We Collect Timeshares’ was shutdown for misconduct and was featured on Abc7 news. http://abclocal.go.com/kgo/story?sec...ide&id=5475716 Jonathan Gibbs himself has a long running history of changing company names multiple times to avoid bad press and what not. Do your research and don’t be scammed by this company.

• Ci
      27th of May, 2009

We Collect Timeshare’s was not shut down at all. The abc news clip is old and does not tell the end of the story which is the customer’s property was transferred. WCT got a Real-estate license and WA state was licensing department was satisfied with that since WCT was operating well within the law.

We Collect Timeshares is not a scam. They provide the same service as Timeshare Relief, Timeshare Acquisitions, Timeshare Rescue, ETC>….take your pick.

All their customers properties were transferred and fees paid by WCT according to their contracts.
    Only a phony competitor would try to pass off “TheKiller’s” comments above as fact, since they are not.

WCT was never shut down and is not in trouble with ANY government or regulators. So why would someone say that they are unless it benefits that person or company some how?

26th of Jun, 2009

As we waisted our time listening to the bull they wanted us to pay $3400 and $1900 for the additional 2 that we own. After we said no they used foul language with us. Stay away from this company its a scam.

• Wy
      25th of Jul, 2009

I agree with Roseanne - a TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!!! I had received similar things in the past and went to the presentation and wasn't interested. I use my timeshares and love them, but I have two and don't need them. I received the offer from Apex to attend their seminar and they would make an offer on my property. When I called to make the reservation, I asked directly if they wanted money from me and my timeshare, I was told no we will make an offer.

On the day of the seminar, I left a family function to attend and when I arrived I signed in and asked again if they would want money from me to take it off of my hands. Again I was told no, we will make an offer. So I sat around for a while and when I was met with a rep he immediately started with his pitch about how people can't sell timeshares, and so on... So I asked him if he wanted money to take my timeshare and he said the company that manages the timeshares wants money to take over, so yes it will require money from me! I freaked out! I told him that I asked directly if this was the case several times and was told no, you will make an offer. He actually said (and I quote), "We are making an offer. You can't sell it so this is a fair market offer." I wanted to punch the guy in his face!

Like I said, it's one thing if you don't use your timeshare, but I do. I can go anywhere at anytime and it's paid off, so all I have are maintenance fees. Guess what? $500 per year for maintenance fees are a lot less than a hotel for a week on vacation and it's a resort, not a hotel. Don't let these people make you believe that they are doing you a favor. If you don't want your timeshare, you can give it to someone and take it out of your name. You can give it back to the resort company if it's paid off. There are options that do not include these thieves!

• Pr
      21st of Sep, 2009

This company is a total scam. Timeshare Acquisition, We Collect Timeshares, Preferred Transfers, Apex Professionals - they are all the same company owned by Jonathan & Christine Gibbs of Tumwater, WA. The positive comments below are totally written by Jonathan Gibbs. Don't waste your time folks!!

• Sm
      24th of Sep, 2009

This is definately a scam. Timeshare owners should do their research on places like this before they sign any type of contract. There are legitimate websites catering to timeshare owners where you get the real info on what is going on with companies such as this. Recommend www.tug2.net among others

• Di
      12th of Oct, 2009

So, tell me, how many of you who chose not to go with Apex or think they are a scam, have successfully sold your timeshare in today's market. I just signed with them to offload 2 timeshares and I'm relieved and glad I did. I don't need to the headache or financial burden of it anymore. I have tried brokers, listing, advertising, etc. The sad reality of the timeshare scam is that millions like us are all regrettably embarrassed about being duped in the first place and having faith in what we were told by the scam artists who sold us the properties. I'll take the hit now so I won't have to later.