Apex Credit Services / Stay away!

1 2919 Shadyside RoadSaint Albans, WV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 888-727-4818

These people are scams! Stay away! I purchased a 'Ten Year Old Tradeline for $899.99' from these people. I spoke to Judi Unger, the Director of Client Services, on the phone and she said it would be reported within 30 days. She was actually very nice but I guess you have to be nice to trick people if you're going to steal their money!

Anyway, I faxed them the contract and they charged my card that day. After 30 days the tradeline still hadn't shown up so I called them to see what was going on. The same lady, Judi Unger, answered and gave me every excuse in the book as to why it possibly wasn't showing. None of the excuses made any sense. Finally she said she would call me back in a couple of hours. Of course she didn't!! I had to call her the next day. This time she told me that they were having issues with the credit card company that they had added me to so she said wait 30 more days and they would add me to two cards for the same cost.

So finally, after 60 days I still didn't have any of the tradelines showing. I called them everyday for a week and a half and no one answers the phone. Finally, after my 6th message, I get a call back from some guy claiming to be the 'Managing Partner'. He starts off by telling me he's a lawyer and that this company is something he just does on the side and that their having all kinds of problems with the company right now. I guess I was supposed to feel sorry for him or something. He tells me that he doesn't know what's going on with my tradelines but that if I want my money back that I will have to sue their bonding company. WHAT AN IDIOT!! I told him that my contract was with Apex not some bondsman. After some back and forth, I hung up and called my bank and had them reverse the charges. They were hesitant because it had been so long but they were able to do it after all.

If one of these shady people tell you that you'll have to 'sue their insurance company', just say 'ok', hang up the phone and call your credit card company or bank. They deal with ### like this all the time! When I get the name of the person that was claiming to be the Managing Partner I'll post it so you'll know if he changes companies or something.

Va

Comments

4th of Nov, 2008

In any event, I wanted to add that we do not provide 30 day contracts. They are 90 days at a minimum. Moreover, no one by the name of "Judi" works here. Finally, and again, we have not receieved a charge-back to this effect.

In short, this is simply a cut and paste job from another board. The author of this post just took it from there.

Finally, it should not go without saying that if we had a client that had an issue such as this, they would have came to us. Our phones are answered per the norm of any business and if a call does happen to go to voicemail, it is promptly returned. I would encourage anyone to test my statement.

• Mi
      23rd of Nov, 2008

From an actual happy customer;

After trying to navigate the maze of credit-repair/building and finding one after another shady company willing to take my money month after month, I came across Apex on a board (highly recommended).

Lo and behold I actually came across a real person (Jason) who took probably a full hour talking to me about my situation and advicing me on how to move forward. At no point was there either hard sell or unrealistic goals. I was at low 500s Fako and none existent Ficos as t the time, and Jason said he though he could get me to 700s across the board.

It is a year later, and all three CRAs are 700+. No shady deals, no alerts on my reports, just solid dispute, follow-ups, advise and recommendations.

Jason has always been available to me, has steered me away from the scams that abound on the internet, and helped me position myself to get even premiere Amex Cards where a year ago I'd have had trouble getting secures subprime ones.

This is a tricky arena, charlatans abound, and finding people who are realistic about what they can deliver, do what they say, and stay within the bounds of the law and put you on the right path is very hard to find. Apex and Jason are just such a company.

• Pa
      1st of May, 2009

I just received derogatory entries in my credit for a boa mastercard tradeline that is deliquent.

• Sp
      17th of Jul, 2009

Jason Wade Barnette wanted to sue http://www.haveyoubeenripoff.com but when he found out he needed to sue in Mexicali, Mexico he change his mine.

• Dm
      12th of Aug, 2009

According to online reviews, Apex Credit Services can do credit repair (never tried that service and never will) but stay away from them when it comes to tradelines. I brought a tradeline from them over two years ago and it never showed up on my credit report. I couldn't even file a chargeback because Jodi kept giving me the run around and telling me to wait longer. When I asked for a refund and sent them a copy of my credit report to prove that the tradeline never appeared, they stopped answering my calls and emails. When I filed a complaint with the BBB, they outright lied, saying that they did complete my service. The BBB case ended up unresolved because I kept the emails that proved my case. Instead of just giving people the tradelines they paid for, all Apex does is lie and waste people's time. Everyone that has been taken in my this company to file a complaint with the BBB, the FTC, the [redacted] website and anywhere else they can think off. This company shouldn't be allowed to keep stealing people's money.

• Dm
      12th of Aug, 2009

PS. I meant to put "should file a complaint" not "to file a complaint"

• Jd
      18th of Sep, 2009
    Apex Credit Services - They took $2400.00 from me and gave me nothing now they avoid my calls and don't return any messages I leave.
    Apex Credit Services
    2919 Shadyside Rd.
    Saint Albans
    West Virginia
    Phone: 3047674057
    apexcreditservices.com

On or around June 08, 2009 I entered into an agreement with Apex Credit Services, hereinafter ACS, where in exchange for $2400.00 ACS agreed: 1) that I would be added as an authorized user to four ten year old credit accounts in excellent standing, and; 2) that said account additions would be posted to my credit report at each of the three main credit reporting agencies i.e. Transunion, Equifax, Experian, within ninety days of the date of the agreement. With my need for the service and ACS's BBB accreditation as the determining factor I remitted payment to ACS via Visa on June 08, 2009.

On or around September 08, 2009, after the agreed upon ninety-day time period concluded, I contacted ACS to inform them that not even one of the four purchased credit accounts had posted to my report at any of the credit reporting agencies, and to express to ACS my concern and interest in some sort of remedy/relief/refund without delay. I was told that Mr. Jason Barnette was the only one who could address my concerns and that he would contact me later that day. He did not. I followed up again on the following day and again was told I would be contacted by Mr. Barnette later that day as well. I was not.

From September 10-14, 2009 I placed very many unanswered calls and unreturned messages to ACS. At which point I begin to believe I was the victim in a scam and that all calls from phone numbers associated with me were being avoided by ACS. After calling from different numbers I reached Mr. Barnette finally. He took my contact information and assured me that after he reviewed my TrueCredit.com report he would contact me later that day with some answers. He did not (of course).

Since that conversation with Mr. Barnette on September 14, 2009 I have not been contacted by anyone from ACS about this matter. Not to ask for more time. Not to assure me that they would straighten things out. Not at all. Today, September 18, 2009, I have still been unsuccessful at reaching anyone from ACS to find out anything about this matter or any remedy/relief/refund available to me. As hard as this is to swallow for me I have realized ACS is not run by an attorney for nothing. Even though I am clearly the aggrieved party in-fact and even though ACS clearly did not honor their commitment in our agreement a fight is what it will take to recover anything at all from these people. Companies such as ACS do everything imaginable to make it virtually impossible for a consumer to salvage anything even though they give absolutely nothing of value in exchange for the consumers money.

If even one of the four purchased credit accounts had posted to any credit report of mine within the 90 dat agreed upon time I would be less inclinded to believe it was the initial intent of ACS to defraud me. If I had not forwarded (via facsimile) photocopies of my ID and Social to ACS it could even be argued a mistake was made with correctly reporting my information.

If the behavior of ACS, acts and omissions, since they were first made aware of this issue weren't so unambiguously suggestive fraud, theft, and conversion is the true nature of the business ACS/Jason Barnette are involved in I wouldn't feel so compelled to appeal to third parties to intervene on my behalf as I have.

Most importantly in my mind if these people acted in good faith a client would not have to hunt them down when a situation like this arises, calling and calling, leaving message after message, calling from different numbers. Especially, when they know they've taken your $2400.00 to provide a service within a stated time that was not provided. They are human as I am and they know I am concerned about my money and yet they refuse to address my concerns in any manner.

The fact of the matter is they made an offer I accepted. I paid them $2400.00. For 4 ten year old AU accounts to be posted to my credit reports, respectively, in 90 days. 90 days have passed. And I have not one tradeline. They still have all my money. Now they avoid my calls and don't return my messages. Does APC sound like someone you would like to do business with. The icing on the cake...they are accredited by the BBB. Only in America! In addition to this Report I have also submit complaints too BBB, FTC, and the Attorney General of West Virginia and Texas. Lastly, adding insult to injury I continue to see ACS advertising the same service without warning potential clients all their money could be lost without receiving anything while ACS hides and prepares for legal battle. Beware!

• Fe
      25th of Sep, 2009

STAY AWAY FROM THESE ### SUCKERS MOTHER###ERS SCAMS, THEY TOKE MY MONEY AND 30 DAYS LATER A TRADE LINE OF 5000 DOLLARS WENT IT. bUT IT WENT IN WITH A BALANCE OF 4200 WHICH ACTUALLY LOWERED MY SCORE EVEN MORE. tHEY DIDN'T WANT TO GIVE ME A REFUND. DO NOT EVEN TRY TO CALL THEM CONTACT YOUR BANK. THERE IS AN FBI INVESTIGATION AGAINST THEM AND THERE SO CALLED LAWYER WHO WILL TRY TO MANIPULATE YOU WITH HIS LAW WORDS. I WENT TO LAW SCHOOL, HE THINKS HE'S GOOD AND I GUESS IT MAKES HIM FEEL GOOD ABOUT HIM SELF. HIS NAME IS:

Jason Barnette

HE SENT ME AN EMIL ASKING ME FOR MY PERSONAL LOGIN INFO TO MY CREDIT MEMBERSHIP WITH TRUECREDIT.COM. THIS GUY IS CRAZY MAN WHO WOULD WANT TO GIVE THERE PERSONAL CREDIT LOGIN TO SOME SHADY COMPANY????

FAKE FAKE FAKE

I GOT SOME PEOPLE IN THE AREA WHERE HE LIVE. WE KNOW WHO HE IS...WE KNOW WHERE HE LIVE TOO.

HERE JUST GO TO THIS WEBSITE AND FILE A COMPLAINT:

STAY AWAY!!!

8th of Dec, 2009

This company is a scam. He posts on creditnet.com which is just as responsible for the fraud. His BBB report is down to a B- now. Please file a complaint with them if you have been ripped off.

• Ri
      10th of Jul, 2010

Yes, I hate to say it, but it is a scam. I got ripped off over $1600 for tradelines that never appeared on my report- I tried charging back on my credit card for the transaction, but it was past the 60 day limit on my cc, so there was nothing I could do.

Their contract says that if the tradelines are not reported on your credit report after 90 days they will give you a refund anyways, but they don't. I think the problem is that they are adding the tradelines, but the credit bureaus have flagged them to not report. They sent me verification that they tried to add the tradelines I purchased, however they never showed up on my report and I did everything that they instructed me to do to have it pop on my reports.

Very shady company, do stay away. Also, when I signed up for service their BBB was at a B-, 3 months later they had no rating at all- When I called the BBB to find out what happened to them, they said they were reopening an account for them... so it seems that when their rating gets too low, they just close the account and open a new one. They are very slick writers, don't be fooled by some of the posts that they have written online in response to angry customers. The customers (at least in my case) are right.

• Se
      6th of Aug, 2010
    Apex Credit Services - Fraudulent Company
    Apex Credit Services
    Washington

My client was a first time homebuyer with no credit score. I reffered him to Apex after finding them online. They said they could create him a credit score for $600.00. He sent them a money order in the amount of $600.00. They did nothing at all. Once he sent the money they never answered their phone or returned any messages. My client and I both called on a daily basis at various times and left numerous messages. I finally got a response back from Amber once I told them I was going to file a complaint, but refused to give a refund. Amber claimed it was my clients fault. This company is completely fraudulent and needs to be prosecuted.

• Al
      30th of Nov, 2010

Hmmm . . . seems that some of the problems with Apex Credit Services are not their fault rather, it is the fault of their clients.

Please see http://consumers.creditnet.com/Discussions/credit-talk/t-apologize-apex-70781.html for more information.

• In