Apex Appliance Repair / oven repair-no service

1 apexar@myway.comHouston, United States Review updated:
Phone: 281-752-9797

AHS sent a request for Apex Appliance Repair to come out and repair my oven. Apex came out and inspected my oven and stated that they would need to order a part. I waited two weeks and called Apex and they said the part was on order from Sears. Four weeks went by and still no repair. I called Apex and they said the part still hadn't come in and when they received the part they would come out and repair my oven. Six weeks went by and I called AHS and let them know the stiuation and they placed a three way conference call to Apex. The agent at Apex said they had tried to call me to let me know the part wasn't available any longer but I never received a phone call. AHS ordered me a new oven and contracted Apex to come out and install it. Apex requested that I call then as soon as the oven came in and they would install it. When the oven came in I placed a call to Apex to set up an appointment for installation. The first thing they asked me was if I had a man at home. I stated that my husband worked and that I would be the only person at home(a female). They said they needed a male to be home to help with the installation. I told them that would be impossible. My husband called Apex and asked them why they needed his assistance to install the oven since it wasn't his job. Apex stated that they were way across town from our home and couldn't afford to have two servicemen out of their area at the same time as they needed them in their area. My husband finally agreed to take off early and meet Apex at the house to help them with the oven repair. The appointment with Apex was set for the time period between 3:30p.m.-5:30p.m. but they didn't show up until 7:00p.m. The repairman said he needed an adaptor for the new oven hose since the old oven had a smaller size hose. He said it was a common adaptor and that he usually had them with him. He said he would be back Saturday to finish the job. I called Apex Saturday to find out what time they were coming back out. The owner informed me that they weren't coming back out until we drilled a hole in the floor to run the gas hose thru. We explained to him that our house was on stilts and the gas line was not under the house but in the wall right by the oven I notified AHS of this problem and they stated that they has talked to Apex and they had to take their word pass my. Needless to say our oven is still not installed. I had no oven for Tahnksgiving. I think AHS sould have sent another company out for a second opnion instead of taking Apex's word. I am the long time AHS customer and pay the monthly fees not Apex I am very disappointed in Apex and AHS.

Comments

• Bo
      21st of Dec, 2009

Sounds way too one sided. I am an AHS vendor and a lot of thing she is complaining about are not even covered by AHS or most other home warrenty companies.

• Gr
      22nd of Jul, 2010

These people do not return your call and they do not answer their phone. They have the worst customer service in town. Their office is roughly 20 minutes away and they only come to my area once a week. It's been 2 weeks right now since my oven broke and they still have not fixed it yet, but they have cashed my check! They said they would come around 8-10am today. I get a dropped call at 7:30am. I call that number back 2 times because they didn't leave a message. They claim that they couldn't go pass the gate and couldn't reach me at all! Very unprofessional!!! It looks like I won't get my oven fixed for another week!!! 3 weeks or more in order for my oven to be fixed! This is ridiculous!!!

• Cu
      2nd of Mar, 2011

Apex is complete Rip-off. I called them for refrigerator service . Guy arrived and told me it is not fixable, and if yes would be over 1000, and I should buy new one, I paid him for estimate (65$) and went shopping for same day. Then I find out I have Worry Free Plan with PSEG, and called them, 2 day later PSEG came and fixed problem in 5 minutes by replasing start RELE . I called Apex too get my 65 back as not profesional diagnostic, bad attitute Like ( do whatewher you want, we do not care )