Apex Alarms / Faulty Equipment

1 118 Sycamore CourtNorthampton, PA, United States Review updated:
Phone: 610 262-5625

We purchased a home alarm system from APEX in August of 2008. Since then, our sensor has fallen off our door twice. What is even more disturbing, however, is that our alarm has been going off in the middle of the night. APEX sent a technician to fix the problem once, but since then it has once again sounded around midnight. I am fed up with their faulty equipment--I have two small children who have been woken up by the sound of the alarm, and it has not been an easy task getting them back to sleep. I called APEX about the problem because I want them to simply come, remove the faulty equipment, and void the contract because of the circumstances. They want to send another technician out to look at the equipment and will not void my contract unless I pay $2500. Their equipment is faulty, and it has woken up my family several times; yet, they are binding me to this ridiculous contract. At this point, we're afraid to use the alarm when we are away or at night for fear that it is going to go off. So, I am paying $40 per month for a service I can't even use.

Ja

Comments

13th of Oct, 2008

• Jg
      14th of Nov, 2008

You got to let them fix it or replace it. Or you are paying for nothing. Honeywell is a good product. Anything could go bad.

• Jg