APC UPS / Warranty Promised - Never delivered

1 India Review updated:

I have a APC UPS that I use at home.
Two weeks ago, I called their customer service center to report that my UPS was dead. [After a 20 minute wait to get the agent.]

They took in my complaint, and promised to fix it in 2 working days (at the most). I even volunteered to go to their office and get it repaired. They stated it's not necessary.

3 working days went by, nothing happened. One more follow up call after waiting for 20 minutes, and another promise that before end of day it will be done.

Call #3 a day later, and still nothing happens.

Call#4 (now a week later), and I find that (thanks to the customer support exec) the ticket is not actioned at all.
He promised to escalate it; and I try to get the GM's email id.

In such a co., I was lucky to get the email id for customer feedback.
A stinker of a message, followed by a computerized response stating that they will revert back.
Surprise, surprise I get a message stating that they will act on it and close it in 2 days.
They call me on the appointed day and apologise that they are out of stock and will fix it in 3 more days.
Two more days have gone by, and there's still no sign.

It's on principles that I fight. The time I have spent on this would not be worth the value of the fix they are going to provide.

It just goes to show how they take customers for a ride (with a series of lies) and most importantly a new definition for UPS - Uninterrupted Promises Supplied.

Comments

• Sh
      19th of Sep, 2008

hi,
    in our office we are also facing same problem. we are following up from last 20 days regularly. but according to them we have not done any followup so that they closed our issue. after making a complain, is it customers responsibility to followup them? even we are following them 2-3 times daily but getting no response.
    i feel that we should take any local UPS that will definately work.
    i have bought this UPS only 2 months back. now after investing 3 times money in compare to local UPS i am feeling cheated. only brand name make me to purchase APC UPS but i will suggest every body not to purchase UPS of APC company because if you face any problem then no body will listen to you

• Ub
      12th of Jan, 2009

I have 2 ups in my home, the both 2 UPS are not working . on 30.12.08 i have registered my compliant thro Live Chat, ( Call Centr Exe ), that executive told wiht the chat, u will get the replacement within 2 days.

# 2 : - And also i start my second session with Live Chat, another executive, attend my compliant, i informed my Compliant Registeration no, the executive told shockly and asked me, u didn't get the replacement, ? we have update your request, for complete for priority for ur replacement.

on 02.01.09, i directly spoked with me, they are also the within two days u will get the replacement, but i didn't get the replacement at this day (12.01.09) .

Lots of persons attend our compliants, & nobody has give the right solutions,

They are not the Customer Care Executive, They are Customer Irritating Executive.

So Dear Friends, pls dont purchase APC UPS for ur valuable Computers.

This is my humble request, Bcas my second UPS also get the SAME Condition