APC - American Power Conversion / Poor Customer Service

1 132 FairgroundsWest Kingston, RI, United States
Phone: 877-800-4272

Hi,

I purchased a new APC BACK-UPS RS 1500VA LCD 120V (model BR1500LCD) on Nov 11, 2008 with the intent on protecting a small switch in a little wiring closet tucked away in some office.

When I finally got around to unboxing the unit a week later the unit would not turn on(LCD) and a loud audible tone (continuous) could be heard.

I considered the unit DOA so I called my reseller and tried to get an exchange shipped to me. After a couple of days, they said they couldn't accept returns and I had to call APC for an RMA.

At this point, I really wasn't satisfied with their answer but I understood. They wanted to make sure it was not user error.

Things only got worse at this point.

I was on hold for 15 min. before someone took my call, another 15 min. after repeating my name 5 times before they got it right and then the customer/tech rep asked me about a dozen irrelevant questions before I finally said either you issue me an RMA or I'm hanging up.

I clearly identified myself as a corporate customer from the beginning and I wasn't going to waste 1 hour of my time answering some questions repeated from a script by an employee sitting in some Call Center in East Asia.

I have bought many products from APC in the past and there support was more than adequate.

But this is the first time I have called since they were bought by Schneiders Electric and can honestly say that customer service has definitely suffered.

I am going to find as many forums as possible and warn as many people as possible to avoid APC products altogether.

I am now looking at alternate companies for my home, network and data centers needs. I'm letting my $$$ do the talking and the walking.

Goodbye APC.