ApartmentSearch by CORT / The Apartment Renter Rewards Process$200 advertised reward is a complete scam

If you've been on ApartmentSearch.com or ApartmentRatings.com, you might have noticed their advertisement for a $200 reward from leasing one of their qualified properties.

Beware: Their rewards process is a scam! If you're planning on claiming the $200 reward that they advertise, DON'T!

I have followed the criteria step-by-step, and reported my lease but they have yet to mail me the reward or even contact me.

I've also done several online searches, and there has been no one who has reported getting the $200 reward from ApartmentSearch successfully, including myself!

I am trying to find a contact phone number for their customer service, but cannot find one listed anywhere online. (I wonder why! It's a scam!) If you find it, please post it here, so that I can call them.

ApartmentSearch by CORT is advertising a scam!

ApartmentSearch by CORT / The Apartment Renter Rewards Process

More ApartmentSearch by CORT / The Apartment Renter Rewards Process Complaints & Reviews

Comments

• Th
      Sep 27, 2010

Stay away from ApartmentSearch.com.

If you want to get a reward, go for Rent.com's $100 reward. There have been people who've posted their experiences online that, after going through a bit of trouble, they're recieved their $100 reward successfully.

I wish I had gone through Rent.com instead. Don't make the same mistake I did.

Sep 27, 2010

I found it easy to contact apartmentsearch.com Email: [protected]@cort.com This I found on their terms and conditions web page. At least with apartmentsearch.com you get $200, not just $100 from rent.com

• Jd
      May 29, 2011

i received my $100 gift cert from CORT furniture quickly but when i received my $100 visa gift card it had a $0 balance, i was mad due to the fact it took them a while to even send it out. I agree with the previous poster RENT.COM is definitely a more reputable source for apartment searching and rewards, not only to add when i went to the CORT furniture center in Houston, Tx they were very unprofessional due to the fact seeing i wasnt actually going to purchase their overpriced crap and just use the cert. all i bought were 2 cheap paintings for the wall and a computer chair which the arm of it was defective and fell off.

Jun 30, 2011

I am going through the same issue right now. Has anyone reported them to the business bureau for thier false advertising yet?

• Co
      Sep 06, 2012

$100 CORT Gift Certificate...no thank you, this is garbage and was completely misleading in the process. What good is $100 if it only applies to [censored] I could whip up in my garage in half hr, blindfolded.

• Bo
      Aug 06, 2013

Another reputable source is RENT411 for getting $100 check not a Visa card. They are in Minneapolis and Houston. Check them out at www.RENT411.com/search

• Sn
      Jul 16, 2015

I got my rewards from CORT ApartmentSearch.com as promised (with a little follow-up)! You do have to follow their instructions--they tell you exactly what to do to claim your reward... for instance you must list ApartmentSearch as your ONLY referral source on your application (list multiple referral sources and they won't pay). After applying for my reward online, I received an email from CORT telling me to expect my $100 CORT Buck Certificate within 2 weeks, and my $100 VISA gift card as soon as they receive payment from my apartment complex, which they said could take up to 90 days. I got the CORT Buck certificate in the mail right away, which could be used to purchase or lease furniture from CORT (it expired after 30 days). When I didn't receive the VISA gift card after waiting 90 days, I replied to the original CORT confirmation email and inquired as to the status of my reward. I heard back from two different people--one within 24 hrs and one within 48 hours of my inquiry. Both told me that they had confirmed receipt of payment from my apartment and that I should expect to receive my gift card within 30 days. They said to contact [protected]@cort.com if I didn't receive it within that time frame. I received my $100 VISA gift card in the mail about a week after my inquiry. I activated it online and have spent the entire balance.