Apartment Rentals / Who did I pay rent to for March

1 Portsmouth, VA, United States

I found out on 3/9/2009 that the apartment complex that we live in is no longer owned by The Bethany Group. They sent a flier offering to give those that paid their rent by 3/3/2009 -two hundred dollars off of their rent with a raffle. I believe it was a scam to get as much money out of the tenants. If Bethany filed backruptcy this past thursday, where and who did our rent go too. The formal management aren't giving any answers to our questions. They are technically unemployed, so how are they to get answers from. They are towing cars under the former Bethany Group, and we can't get repairs done on the property. They came over and changed the locks on the rental property office and haven't paid the maintenance guys for 5 weeks. Where did my rent go is what I would like to know. They also had a uniformed off duty cop drive up in the rental managers car along with the former manager to usher an employee off of the property. The employee that has actually worked for them for 5 weeks with no pay. Where are the right of the employees. Some of the tenants have brought it to the attention of our local television station.