Apartment Hunters Inc / Fraud and cheating!

201 N. Robertson Blvd. Suite 202Beverly Hills, CA, United States Review updated:
3.65
Phone: 310-276-4663

The company charges you to view their apartment listings. The listings are not theirs rather copied from other sources. All of the listings I called were no longer available or could not be referenced due to the lack of an identification number. I contacted "Brenda" their supposed customer service agent and she told me to provide her with the number on the listing to get a refund. I did so and she then asked for me to give her the other listings. This would require duplicating searches over and over taking hours of my time. I had already given her proof and they just kept playing games. I put a dispute on my card for the $49 and am organizing a class action lawsuit for compensation as well as punitive damages. I am also seeking criminal litigation against the company.

Comments

Ra
  15th of Jul, 2008
I am having a similar experience. I have called and left a message to set up an appointment and no one has contacted me. I have tried to contact them via their "Live Chat" feature several times during regular business hours and no one is there.

They claim to offer pictures and information and they absolutely DON'T. Showing a free image from Microsoft Virtual Earth is not a service to be paid for. All the ads are miscategorized, old, overposted, or have false information. I feel so scammed. The information about the properties is incomplete and isn't really searchable. Each day old listings will be posted saying "NEW TODAY" to give the illusion of new properties, but it is just recycling old ones. I am so frusturated, but am unable to obtain a refund because it has been 5 days since I started my service. This is absolutely ridiculous.
Ga
  3rd of Apr, 2010
They go out of their way to help their customers. The Department of Real Estate contract allows a service fee of up to $50.00 . They refund you in full even if you have used the service for almost a month, even if the contract allows them to keep a service fee of $35.00 legally. They truly standby their 100% satisfaction and refund in full.
Would you rather lose $50.00 to Westside Rentals scammers who charge $60.00 and give you a $10.00 refund if you don't find a place, because their contract says they can keep $50.00 of your money.
All these people that are complaining should go to Craig's list to get scammed by the Nigerians, cause they deserve it. ApartmentHunterz.com knows the landlords that are posting on their site, Craig's list doesn't. I have been to their office and the letters of recommendation are there with original letterheads going back to year 2000.
Complaints...as if AT&T, Verizon, Target ( try returing a $200 defective dead out of box vacccum cleaner to them), Best-Buy, Wal-Mart, and other retailers don't have them. Any company the deals with the public is apt to have some sort of complaint . That is the nature of dealing in the retail industry, and nature of humans who want everything for Free.
Good luck searching.