APAC Customer Services Inc. / Company and Management

APAC Customer Services Inc.
Newport News
Phone: 7575916000
Do not go work for this company! They try to swindle you when first hired and when you get in there, they do not help you with anything! I have worked for the company for six years and it has been the worst part of my life. I have had more medical problems from stress related issues since I have been working for the company.

N  10th of Mar, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Six years huh, couldn't have been too bad.
A  22nd of Apr, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
Everything said about this company is true, horrible place to work, especially in the claim's department, the manager is the only supervisor, nothing is approved without the manager's signature, supervisors or only yes woman
A  14th of Oct, 2009 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
yeah this job sucks i was there almost 5 years but its not because I wanted to be i was part time for the first 4 years I went full time and after 4 months of doing that full time I quit this is the worst job I ever had.
A  17th of Jun, 2010 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
APAC is a pretty [censor] place to work. You're over-worked, under-appreciated & under-paid. The management team plays favorites so no matter how much more you are qualified than another person, when the posting goes up on the board, it's simply for legal purposes. The position is already filled before the posting even goes up. One Manager is an ex-stripper (possibly still moon-lighting), another one dresses like Mary Poppins w/ turtlenecks all year around & she's one of the worst people in life to ever meet. They have 1 manager there out of the entire building that has his head on str8 & isn't scared to stand up to UPS when confronted w/ an issue. I could go on & on but all I can say is that people only work there because they have bills to pay...Not because they like the job or management...Only to pay bills...That's pretty sad.
N  24th of Jan, 2011 by
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
I worked for APAC for almost a year and one day they decided they "had to terminate my employment" due to past "attendance issues." They didn't even let my supervisor know about it until the day of, which pissed him off. My supervisor and I had been working together to get rid of the attendance problem which was due to a recent medical issue. If you're black you'll get promoted. If you're a white person that works just as hard they won't pay any attention to you unless you're a minority. APAC is chock full of trashy single Moms, ghetto wannabes and Bible bangers who think you shouldn't say this or that because it offends them. Basically it's full of those who didn't quite make it in life. Do not EVER work for this company if you expect any self respect from any supervisor. The managers don't care about you as a person. You're just a piece of meat and a liability to them.
A  7th of Jun, 2011 by
I have been working for APAC for a year and the only reason I started was because they hire women that are pregnant. My last job laid me off when I was 5 months pregnant because I was a liability to the company. I meet all of there goals. I hit quality for every call, I make up sales and I make the company a lot of money. Every once in awhile they do prize contest and don't tell you till after you win that you have to pay taxes on your "free" gift. A month before my due date I worked 40 hours per week plus 72 hours of overtime for that pay period, which is biweekly. I found out that 3 months after my daughter was born that I was put to part time status even though I work average 43 hours per week all because I took maternity leave. My daughter now 7 months old barely sees her mother because I work so many hours due to mandatory overtime. When I am home I'm so sick from the stress. My doctor as now put me on anxienty and anti depression medication so I can service. My husband has been recently laid off so I can't quit this soul sucking job to go back to school because I have to take care of my family. When my manager ask me what wrong she tells me to go talk to a therapist. I wish I could quit but I'm stuck until my husband gets back on his feet. And the man is trying hard.
A  13th of Nov, 2012 by
I worked for apac alabang site in the philippines for 3 yrs. half of my stay was as a rep and the other half is flex trainer. have done everything for the company but they ended up terminating me for being too demanding for my needs. My boss is a bad person. power tripping and ungrateful for all the things she asked me to do. this is what i receive from working for them. they dont want to sign m clearance as well.
N  21st of Sep, 2014 by
I was "hired" by APAC 2 weeks ago. They sent me a cashiers check for $2660 asked me to open an account at a bank with it, use the funds to purchase a new laptop & software needed for job. I went to a Wells Fargo bank to set up the acct., only to find out the check was fraudulent. My "supervisor" was unable to get a response from accounting dept.
if this was not an actual APAC SUPERVISOR that I was contacted by via ymessenger, how would I know? It is impossible to contact anyone about this problem. You'd think they'd want to know if someone was using their name to defraud banks.
N  16th of Dec, 2014 by
Hi Deservin

I received the same job offer this week. Can you tell me how it went with you and was the job offer legit. I have been asked to pay a couple hundred dollars for the training materials? Is this a bonafide job and not a scheme?