AP9*VALUEMAX/AP9*YOURSAVING / Unauthorized charges to our checking account

United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-888-205-2257
They charged our checking account without our permission on October 16, 2008. I have called our bank, and I was given a number [protected]) to call. When I called the number, I was not able to speak to any representative. I could only hear an automated voice recording asking for credit card or membership number.

Karen Williams on behalf of myself and husband, Willie Williams

Comments

Sr
  4th of Nov, 2008
Same thing happened to me. If you listen a little longer, you will get to a customer service agent. She checked my name and mailing address. I told her I did not authorize the charge. She told me she would issue a credit to my checking account. I got an email immediately cancelling the membership and crediting my account. I'll give them a couple of days to get my money back to me.
Do
  1st of Dec, 2008
OMG. The same thing just happened to me I called the 800 number to cancel the membership that I never signed up for. After being on hold for like 30 minutes I finally got through to someone. The guys name was Daniel he did not give me any explanation as to why they were taking the money out of my account with out my consent in the first place. Nor did he apologize for whatever inconvenience it may have caused me. He told me he cancelled the membership and that I would be reimbursed. I don't know about anyone else but I am not going to be too quick to believe someone who mysteriously got a hold of my debit card number and has been charging my account 19.95 per month without my consent for something I have no idea what it is and can't use it because I don't have a memebership card to go along with the monthly memebrship I am paying for. What a bunch of ###. Any who to be on the safe side I got in contact with my bank and had them file a complaint against ValueClub or whoever they are and request for reimbursement of funds. The reimbursement should come thru with-in 24 hours. I also had the debit card discontinued and will be re-issued a new one.
Ch
  10th of Feb, 2009
Watch out when you sign up online you might be signing up for bundle sites. which will charge you for signing ip with their parent or partner site. watch out!!! I signed up with free credit report.com for 7 days free and got charged by ap9*valuemax for $19.95. They are partner sites!
Ch
  10th of Feb, 2009
ntelius is the market-leader in online people searches, trawling public records for information. It's headed for a $143m initial public offering. The problem? Its revenue growth is powered by deceptively signing customers up for a useless third party service which bills monthly until you notice it and cancel.
Every time a customer buys a product at Intelius, they are shown a page telling them “Take our 2008 Consumer Credit Survey and claim $10.00 CASH BACK with Privacy Matters Identity.” ... Undoubtedly a lot of consumers do the survey and move forward to the next page - it only takes a second. But what most people don’t do is read the fine print ... in light gray small text, users are told that by taking the survey they are really signing up to a $20/month subscription.
It's the way it's put in hard-to-read gray on gray text that makes it so great—a confession encoded in design principles? Arrington runs the numbers and calculates that without the scam's revenues, Intelius' would barely be growing at all. Why aren't the IPO's organizers noticing this? Would they care if they do?
Li
  8th of May, 2009
I had the same thing happen. I called them and got a recording. I didnt have an account number, so when I got a recording that asked for account numbers I just dialed 0 (ZERO) two times and I got a person to speak to. Linda Long
Li
  8th of May, 2009
This is an addition to my last post. I called Intelius and they called ap9ValueMax and got them to refund all charges. Yipee
Pr
  4th of Jun, 2009
The same thing is happening to me. Three months worth of charges. Upon calling, my credit card number is not able to be entered. My phone number is not recognized. Thank goodness for Discover. I opened a complaint and they are in the process of resolving the problem!