AP9Protectplus,inc / billed $14.95 with no authorization

Norwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
Phone: 8002119749

This started out by my signing up for another scam called SUPPORT@USA-PEOPLE-USA.COM. I cancelled immediately within minutes of using their search engine and finding absolutely nothing that could not be found by using google. So I cancelled. Now this company stated I signed up for their services also and this is where they got my credit card information. If I did not watch my statement so closely and since it relatively a small amount, it could have gone by unnoticed..which is why this scam works so well!

Comments

An
  29th of Jan, 2008
my fee was $19.95! i was furious. when i called the number listed on my bank statemnt i became even more livid when i spend hours waiting on the phone. oh, but they were busy helping other callers or something. until i googled the phone number, i couldn't even find out what company was charging me the fee. i am disputing it w/my bank tomorrow. i authorized a one time $2 or $3 dollar charge. NOT a $19.95 fee. BEWARE OF SUPPORT@USA-PEOPLE-USA.COM.!!! DO NOT CALL 800.211.9749! NOBODY WILL PICK UP THE PHONE AND EXPLAIN THE CHARGES TO YOU! LOOK OUT FOR 24protectplus-program.com IT IS A SCAM!!
Je
  8th of Feb, 2008
I just had the same situation happen- they claimed i filled out a survey and enrolled in a protection plan for 19.95 a month- luckily the call was fast- they said they will refund in 2 business days. Will see how it is handled- I am filing a complaint with BBB against their company as well as the company i paid a service for that allowed this to happen.
Ro
  1st of Apr, 2008
24ProtecPlus is a membership program manged by Adaptive Marketing LLC, a subsidiary of Vertrue Inc. Vertrue specializes in negative option marketing in which internet buyers are deceived into agreeing to a membership program during the check-out process. I was stung the same way when I used People-Finders from Intelius; Intelius has partnered with Adaptive Marketing, and they realize a kick-back on each of the memberships sold.

Vertrue has been sued by the AG's of at least six states for deceptive marketing practices. It typically agrees to reform and then goes on the same way as before. Vertrue and Adaptive Marketing both tend to flood the Internet with releases announcing how eco-conscious and employee-friendy they are, and how good their memberships programs are. This is just smoke, since the Internet is rife with complaints about these companies.

Trilegiant (formerly CUC) and WebLoyalty are also players in this business although Vertrue has been attracting the most attention these days.

Banks are complicit in this racket. For instance, there is currently a class-action suit against Wachovia for facilitating fraudulent transations from Vertrue in spite of internal memos from its own executives warning about the fraud.
Ly
  13th of Jun, 2008
I have also been hit by this scam, luckily (though it will take time and effort to remove the charge from my account) I caught it within 60 days. The real issue is who is providing this information through online activity without my consent? Think about it. If you inadvertently hit a key, your information is now available? Where is the control?

What about the new advertisement adds on google and yahoo? They are thinking of merging? Will I no longer be safe there? And we all know MSN "pushes down" updates.

Thank you Ross for a most intelligent summation of what the internet is today. Advertisements and marketing seem to always go together.

Calling to cancel my card.
Ha
  3rd of Dec, 2008
IT IS A SCAM!! My "fee" was $19.95 from AP9Protectplus, inc with no authorization from me on my visa card.
I feel @#$%% .
Calledand canceedl my card.