AP9*PRIVACYPROTECTION / I was charged without knowing my member id.

555 clare aveBurnaby, British Columbia, Canada Review updated:
4.65
Phone: 7783221105
I was lead to the privacy protection from a "free credit report" website. After submitting my information I was not able to see any thing, even without knowing my member id, the privacy protection charged me for 29.95 dollar already. I'm requiring the company to cancel my member ship as soon as possible and pay back my money as I never used service.
Ge

More AP9*PRIVACYPROTECTION Complaints & Reviews

Comments

To
  23rd of Nov, 2008
I have a same story as you. Have you sort out the problem?
How could we do to get our money back?
Regards

AP9*PRIVACYMATTERS123

with phone numbers of:
888-243-6183
877-993-6264

Dealing with Wells Fargo to have the Debit fraud group investigate.
Sh
  26th of Nov, 2008
Yes same thing happen to me Visa debit $29.95 which I never authorized shows on my online statement But what I can't figure out is Yesterday I bought a new laptop online from Canada Computers when I went to pay online I had to set up a security password for visa to pay But not over this AP9*Privateprotection - BS Going to Phone Visa this morning to find out more if we can help each other my email is uncle54@shaw.ca
Ro
  20th of Jan, 2009
Welcome to the club. I also observed a charge of $29.95 I clicked on the vendor on my Royal Bank on-line statement and it linked me directly to this site.

I'm calling Visa now.
Je
  13th of Feb, 2009
Malgré moi, je suis devenu membre du Club. Je viens de le constater en revevant mon relevé de Visa CIBC à Québec. Grace au numéro que j'ai obtenu d'une banque, j'ai pu communiquer avec Mona de ap9*privateprotection pour commprendre comment ''sa compagnie'' avait pu avoir mes coordonnées pour obtenir $29.95 de Visa. Quand j'en suis venu à parler de fraude Mona a coupé tout contact avec le téléphone...
Gl
  19th of Feb, 2009
I also have been charged for 2 months but didn't order this seervice. I would like to know how they got my visa number as I never use it especially on line. When I called Visa, they said to call the number on my statement, 888-999-0535 but when I called there, they wanted the visa number that I wanted the service removed from. It sounded fishy to me. I would much rather talk to a human. This phone number also had the letters"QC" next to it which suggests to me, Quebec. Please tell me if you got the money back, & how do you stop them from continually charging.
Aq
  25th of Feb, 2009
i just looked at my visa statement and found out that i was charged for this, i went and looked up the website and found their number and called them. they said they would give back my money within 5-7 business days. here's the number i called 1-866-444-1837.
Fr
  8th of Mar, 2009
Yesterday, I also called the company and asked for them to return my money.
First, one employee told me they had noticed me with an email, so I told him I had not known that.
And he told me they would return the money.
I checked my email later, and there was an email from the company.
It contains.. a lot of contents, but the notice about the charge was just two lines in the middle with a few words.
I don't know what the heck they do. Why did I have to call them to get my money back?
I think I I will have to cut off my credit card cause it was already stolen by the legitimate company which legally charges someone's money without his or her permission.
Ps
  9th of Mar, 2009
I had the EXACT same issue. I had a charge for $19.95 from AP9*PRIVACYPROTECTION. I called the number that my credit card company gave me 1-888-999-0535. I told them if the charges were not taken off of my visa, I was going to charge them with fraud. They told me it would be put back within 5 business days. They told me they got my credit card info through CLASSMATES!!! So be careful when purchasing "gold" membership through them. I then called visa back and explained the situation and they now have an investigation going. They told me there are MANY people having the same issue with the same company!
Jt
  2nd of Apr, 2009
Today I noticed the $29.95 Charge on my VISA. I spoke with my wife who stated she was on some Free Credit Report site and gave them her CC Number.

I called the toll free number 1-866-444-1837, and expressed my displeasure and demanded they refund the $29.95 and to ensure they cancel her membership. The Agent named Dustin stated the refund should be on the VISA within 2 Business Days and her membership canceled.

I called VISA, and they have heard about this company many times, and stated that the charges are MONTHLY charges, and that if I see any future charge to contact them immediatley.
Be
  8th of May, 2009
We are having the exact same problem with this company. They have been taking out money for MONTHS and when we noticed I called and told them to cancel. They said they would cancel the "membership" but then I noticed charges again the next month. They have been stealing $29.95 a month plus $1.00. The company phone number is 888-243-6183 and the website is www.24protect.com. We are in the process of filing a complaint with the attorney general in Illinois, which is where they are based according to the website and with our own state's attorney general. Also going to file a fraud investigation with our bank.

I don't know how they got our credit card number or how we suddenly had an account but I have a suspicion that somewhere along the line when purchasing something legitimately, our card number was given to this company and a hidden membership was attached to our card. I have no idea how this could be legal!! I am so angry! We are out hundreds of dollars!
Mi
  19th of Jun, 2009
I've been charged for a while on this as well, and legitimately thought it was my bank. Then I looked into it on a brief google search and this popped up... great!
Da
  9th of Aug, 2009
same problem what do we do?
Co
  13th of Apr, 2010
You should CANCEL your credit card immediately in order to prevent recurring charges.
Ju
  17th of Sep, 2010
PRIVACYPROTEC est une compagny de protection d'ordinateur avec laquelle vous avez fait une période d'essai gratuite de 15 jours, mais vous n'avez pas lu en petit caractere qu' apres cette periode les frais mensuel commence et ils obtiennent nos informations personnelles sans meme notre consentement. Si vous ne vous servez plus de leur protection, appellez mastercard et expliquez leur la situation. Vous pouvez meme avoir un remboursement pour les trois dernier mois. NE CANCELLÉ PAS VOTRE CARTE INUTILEMENT.
Br
  10th of Mar, 2011
What a complete load of crap! no matter who i talked to i couldn't actually get a straight answer as to exactly what service they provide, beyond there line of exclusive club for credit protection.. WTF is that? And $30 a month! Why would anyone need this when your Visa already has built in protection!! Well lets see if I do get my refund and its Canceled... No idea how they acquire this info but its DEFINITELY not legal!