AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM 888-840-6301 CT / Unknown charge of $14.95

20 GLOVER AVENorwalk, CT, United States Review updated:
4.6
Phone: 888-840-6301

When I inquired I was informed that a 'pop up' had been viewed and caused me somehow to get this membership activated. This could not have been very clear as I totally unknowingly got charged. They did promise to clear this up and reverse the charges - thanks goodness.

Comments

Pa
  8th of Jan, 2008
Who cares call the BBB
Ne
  31st of Jan, 2008
American express, me this doing positions by membership day 01/15/08 by $29.95 and the day 01/18/08 by $ 1.00, that I never have authorized, please cancels all these positions and give notification to the American Express of this action.

Thanks NELSON DURAN.
Jf
  8th of Feb, 2008
I got charged $19.95 from this company as well. When I asked how they got my information, they said it was from a purchase I made online. They said that I had accepted an offer for a $10 rebate. Interesting that I don't remember making a purchase online at the site they mentioned, and also interesting, they (the Identity "protectors") took my information and used it against my will.

Nice.
Ma
  8th of Feb, 2008
I have just now gotten off the phone with AP9*PMidentity,com to get reversed a 19.95 charge pop-up that I DID NOT authorize. This showed up on my credit card bank account last P.M. I had never heard of this outfit.

The connection to PMidentity is apparently through INTELIUS. I did make a worthless legitimate charge of $2.95 via Intelius for a reverse cell phone check which was obtuse, and worthless. It appears that 'PMidentity' advertises on the Intelius web site, and tricks folks into a recurring monthly charge which is NOT observable to the customer who purchases from Intelius.

I have been assured through an 'AP9*PMidentity.com' rep (Pat) that the charge of $19.95 will be given credit (reversed) to my banking credit card account within 48 hours. I was given a confirmation number of #19807 with a commitment for the removal of this false charge. I also requested a confirming email of this conversation with 'PMiDentity.'

CAVEAT: BUYER BEWARE WITH INTELIUS, AND AP9*PMiDentity.com.

Leta Reynolds
Ch
  12th of Feb, 2008
I just mistakenly sent an email to one of the complaintents, hopefull he reads this and understands my fumbling.
Today I also noticed a bill for $14.99 taken out of my checking account. I also had no previouse agreement with them . I was surprised and distressed that this can be done without consent!

Charlie
  12th of Feb, 2008
We like wise had a $14.95 recurring charge on our charge card. The people at ap9*pmidentity.com said my husband had made the charge and agreed to the service. He said he absolutely did not make this purchase. We didn't even know what it was. I'm trying to contact them and they have put me on hold for a very long time. I finally got someone who would not talk to me because she said my husband made the charge. When I placed her on hold to get my husband, who was on an important business call, Jasmine #24072 hung up. I am currently trying to reach them and have been placed on extended hold. I may have to contact AMEX and have this disputed with them because this company is impossible to reach. This seems to be a scam.
  13th of Feb, 2008
I have the same charge on my account and have no idea who or where this originated from.
Ro
  3rd of Mar, 2008
I just found the $19.95 charge on my Bank Card also from AP9*PMidentity.com . I did call the company and they are removing/canceling my membership. It was from when I checked on a phone # through "INTELIUS" I advised her that I had not authorized the charge and I wanted it removed. She told me that it is a membership that I had oked and had a &10.00 rebate, or something like that.

The person I talked to was very friendly. It was not a problem for her to remove it... I will watch my account for the credit... If anyone is having trouble getting this taken care of... the lady I talked to was Evelyn, her ID # is 26237. The phone # to the company is 1-888-840-6301. Good Luck, and thanks everyone for posting about this.
Ja
  4th of Mar, 2008
Credit card fraud being charged I never signed up fore is out rages.
Ke
  18th of Mar, 2008

PMIDENTITY.COM-V 888-840 - Online theft
PMIDENTITY.COM-V 888-840
Phone: 757-563-0133

From 1/19/2008 through 3/14/2008, this "PMIDENTITY.Com-v 888-840" has charged my checking account over $92.00 WITHOUT my permission!
Fr
  2nd of May, 2008
The same thing happened to me but it was charged to my credit card. This company is in bed with INTELIUS-INTELIUS.COM DONT USE EITHER SITE OR YOU WILL PAY!!!
  14th of May, 2008
Dont try to call pmi.com they will not respond. Contact your credit card company immediatly
Fr
  25th of May, 2008
I think that we as a group and the 50 more complaint sites i have seen against this company are obligated to press a class action law suit. This is a scam and this company should pay. I was billed twice by these fools. I wasn't sure what it was the first time so i thought maybe I made a purcase. When i was billed the second time, I checked the whole thing out and didn't even know what this company was.
Mi
  4th of Jun, 2008
I fell for this scam. I initially thought I would be getting a copy of my credit score. But all I got was excessive charges from my banking account. Let me chaulk this upto you "live & learn" in the meantime I have had to contact the BBB and my credit card company.
Rl
  20th of Jun, 2008
My bank account was charged $19.95 this morning for what I don't know other then the .com address. So called 888-840-6301 (number listed with the charge). Why or what the reason for charging my account for this amount when not authorized. How can these people get by with doing this. I did not buy nor authorize for this service. This should be against the law to do this and I am going to follow thru with a letter to the State Attorney General of Florida, also as a publisher will inform my readers of this company and their tactics.
Jo
  30th of Jun, 2008
I was shocked to find 2 unauthorized charges of $19.95 on my credit card statements in May & June from the AP9*PMIDENTITY.COM-V 888-840-6301 CT !!! I used my credit card to pay $2.95 for a phone reverse lookup service provided by Intelius and did not sign up for any membership with this company! I overlooked the first charge, but the second charge caught my attention since I am certain that I did not use this credit card to pay for any services in the month of June. I have tried to contact the company at the 1-800 # but no option to speak with a representative!!! I hope as a group we could do something to press a law suit to this company. Thanks everyone for your helpful information.
Je
  21st of Jul, 2008
I had a charge for $19.95 from PMIDENTITY yesterday, and the phone number was there, so I called. I did not sign up for this; my roomate used my card for the $2.95 phone number lookup some of you mentioned, so that seems to be it. She did not sign up for this, and it reeked of a scam.

They do not give you an option to speak with a representative, so I stayed on the line, not chosing any options, until eventually I was transferred to a representative (this usuallly works).

I stated my issue, and the representative said she would cancel with no refund, so I asked to speak with her supervisor. The supervisor said it was their policy not to issue refunds, and I continued calmly and politely insisting that I would not pay and did not sign up for this service. I forgot to use the phrase "fradulent charges, " which usually makes an impression.

I asked to speak with her supervisor, but there was no one higher (this was Latoya). I said I would not pay for a service I did not authorize, so if no one there would grant me the refund, I would be forced to pursue legal action.

She then changed her tune and said that this was a "special case" and would refund my account within 2 days. We'll see...

What a scam!!!
Di
  23rd of Jul, 2008
I had the same problem today with this company!!! Because I did a people search in June, they started taking 19.95 out of my account without my approval. I spoke with someone today and she said I would get back one of the charges of 19.95, however I was charged 19.95 twice. I'm so mad about this and I feel our government should look into companys that scam people.
This is a SCAM!!!
Ka
  23rd of Jul, 2008
Ya I just found out that they are charging me also. Back two months ago I did a reverse phone number look up through intellius and some how they got my information and have been charging me also. I'm going to contact someone today about. They have charged me twice. I guess I will see how friendly they really are and how long it takes me to get my money back.
Te
  24th of Jul, 2008
Hi,

Could those of you who were promised refunds let us know if you got them? It would be helpful to the rest of us.

Also, if you can say how you got them to agree to your request for refunds.

Thanks much,