AP9*PMIDENITY.COM / unauthorized charge

United States Review updated:

I attempted to retreive one of my free annual credit reports 9/02/08, agreed to pay the $1 charge that popped up, but did not agree to pay $29.95 TWICE. One it is entitled AP9*PMIDENITY.COM and the 2nd time it is entitled AP9*CREDIT DIAGNOSIS-V on my credit card.

Comments

Ro
  5th of Apr, 2008
AUTOMATIC UNAUTHURIZED WITHDRAWL FROM FOR CHECKING ACCOUNT FROM WACHOVIA BANK IN WPB
Da
  5th of Apr, 2008
I received three withdraw notices from this company as well from wachovia without my permission. Is there anything you have done about this?
Ca
  15th of Apr, 2008
I used Intellius to find a long lost friend via their White Pages (which by the way found the person, but none of the numbers that was shown was valid). Today I was looking at my bank statement online and notice a charge of $19.95 to PMIdenity.com. This was not authorized, not wanted, and not asked for! This is purely a ripoff and a scam. I trusted this company out of all those that showed up in the Google search to use and they have abused me. I want my money back asap. How do I get this charge reversed?
Be
  24th of Apr, 2008
My wife also tried to find a friend using Intellius. The phone numbers did not work either. Two days later we were billed for $19.95 from PMIdenity.com. When I called the number listed on our bank statement I canceled our "service" and then I was disconnected. After I called back the customer service rep apologized and said that our refund would be credited to our account within two business days; we'll see! My wife says that she never authorized the account with PMIdenity, nor did she authorize the withdraw from our account. WHAT A SCAM they have going!!!
St
  25th of Apr, 2008
I used intellius to background check my mom's new boyfriend, all it gave me was his address. Then a week later PMIdenity charged my account 19.95. I can't find a phone number to cancel my account, does anyone have it?
An
  3rd of May, 2008
I LOOKED FOR ONE PERSONS NAME ON INTELLIS AND WAS CHARGED 4.99 I JUST LOOKED AT MY BANK ACCOUNT ON LINE AND I SEE THAT I HAVE BEEN CHARGED 29.95 BY PMIDENTITY. I DO NOT WANT THIS SERVICE AND I WANT MY MONEY (29.95) PUT BACK INTO MY BANK ACCOUNT, AND AS FAR AS I'M CONCERNED THIS IS A SCAM
Br
  2nd of Jun, 2008
i wanted to let everyone know the number to be able to call about the unauthorized charges... 18888406301. I called it and they said they would cancel my membership and refund me the charges with in 2 days... i will see. If i do not receive the refund in that time I am to go to the bank and fill out a dispute form about the charges.hope everyone gets their money back!!!
Ja
  3rd of Jun, 2008
I also know for a fact that is place is a scam. My daughter used the intellus service with satisfaction, however she never authorized this pm place to do anything. We are still trying to get a refund.
La
  2nd of Jul, 2008
I just got a bank statement from Wachovia for $19.95 from AP9*pmideity.com? I did not authorize this. I had looked up a name on PEOPLE LOOKUP for $2.99 and was billed for this. They gave me an on-line receipt. I suspect this is where it come from. I will call their customer service in am to complain. Also I will complaint to Wachovia Bank. Any similar complaints?
Al
  5th of Jul, 2008
my wachova was charge 29.95 after they said i would not be charged ...Alfred Shemaria
Fu
  14th of Jul, 2008
AP9*pmidenity.com made 9 charges to my account without my authorization. Total less then $100. BOA notified me of a possible scam but I had to change my account number with BOA to stop them. What a pain. They are smart bad guys. They make small charges with various difficult to identify names to lots of people. So many folks just let it go since it is so time consuming to complain & fix.
Al
  19th of Jul, 2008
I received my bank statement in the mail today and while checking the charges on the bill, I noted that there are two charges of 14.95. I understand that one of the charges is for my verizon online internet service. I reviewed my previous statements and found out that the other charges of 14.95 had gone back since September 07. I called the bank and found out that all of the charges was from AP9*pmideity.com. I never gave authorization or talk to anyone from that company. Later that day I checked my saved emails and found out that on September 07 I used a company called intellius to search for a friend information. I gave them my credit card number and email and they stated that they will only bill me one time charge of 12.95. I personally believe that intellius gave my information away to the AP9*pmideity.com. Some how they found out that I am paying 14.95 for verizon(i dont know how they got this information) so they charged me the same amount though the bank so I would get confused.
Mi
  3rd of Aug, 2008
I also used Intellus, one time and have been chareged $19.95/mo. since. I believe a class action law suit may be the only way to stop these scammer, and we may get some money out of them. Any other ideas to stop them?
He
  5th of Oct, 2008
I authorized by credit to be run once in September - but did not set up a subscription - and I was called by my credit card company that PMI Identity signed my up for a subscription and I will be reporting this as fraud. Here is the text from your website and please send confirmation to my email address that this subscription has been deleted and the removal of the 2nd charge of $29.99. I will await your response that this not only has been stopped but a refund to my Palecto Credit Card.

I am reporting this as I did not sign up for a montly subscrtion for a one time credit card report and will refraine from using your service on line and using my credit card on line ever again for this very reason.

Please respond ASAP as I have fraud protection on my credit report and they called to advise of this subscription that I did not sign up for an want stopped immediately with $29.99 refund as only received one copy and I will call the fraud department on Monday that they provided me with the contact number to ensure that this is stopped.

I appreciate your immediate attention to this matter and response.

here is a copy of the complaint that is referenced on your website which backs by complaint.

AP9*PMIDENITY.COM Complaints - unauthorized charge

ap9*pmidenity.com

Heidi A. Isaacs
Sh
  6th of Oct, 2008
I didn't give PMIDenity the authorization to take any money from my account, I want the amount of $59.90 to be refund to my EPPI Card ASAP.
Sa
  19th of Oct, 2008
my card was charged 6 times in 2 days they just keep charging and i dont see how thats fair or legal i didnt even sign up for a subscription just the one dollar fee . i will never use this website again for anything!
Je
  30th of Jan, 2009
I agreed to pay the one time fee of 1$ an that was it, i did not authorize them to charge it to my account and want want my refund ASAP to my bank of america card.
El
  9th of Feb, 2009
I HAVE BEEN CHARGED $29.95 TWICE TO MY CREDIT CARD AND HAVE NEVER SEEN A CREDIT REPORT
Ma
  17th of Feb, 2009
hOW DO i GET MY MONEY BACK?
Co
  17th of Feb, 2009
You don't.
You fell for a scam and they got your money. End of story.
Don't do it again.