AP9*bargain network / unauthorized credit card charges

I was charged a 1.00 trial period on my credit card - never signed up for anything. they then charged me $39 monthly fee. not even sure what this company does. my credit card company is not really helping me out and i can figure out how to get a hold of the company that charged me to get a refund.

Comments

• Sn
      20th of Mar, 2009

Apparently there was some check box or something that I overlooked when I signed up for MyLife.com (formerly Reunion.com) that allows their "affliliates" to have access to your credit / debit information.

I got an email from Savingsace.com that said the were going to start debiting my bank account. After spending time on the phone with MyLife (who had an "Oh well you must have authorized it attitude) and doing research I have located a toll-free 888-593-5216 at Savingsace.com to cancel your membership.
    At first they ask for your membership number, telephone number, and creditcard number followed by the # sign. (YEAH RIGHT...I sure wasn't about to give them my phone number and credit card number again)
    I only entered the membership number and then the # sign. It took me to a menu to cancel. It said to hit a number to cancel and seemed to accept it.
    I also have been emailing the reunion.com / mylife.com people to complain about their association with this company. I can't believe that ultimately the revenue they might be getting for referrals is worth this bad press.

Some companies so far I have identified using this tactic:
    PMIdentity.com
    foodandflix.com
    yoursavingsclub.com
    Savingsace.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 Savings Ace)
    homesavingsma.com
    shopping-essentials.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 ShoppingEssentials, IK9 Shopping Essentials)

• Du
      18th of Sep, 2009

well the information on your card was given just be sure to read what u are signing up for next time. People want to get mad when stuff doesnt go the way they thought it would. You have to read the fine print.