AP9 Value Max / Fraud

Just as with so many others, I also was inappropriately charged $19.95 by some outfit called ValueMax, following my use of Intellius to locate a person I was looking for. Intellius charged me $1.95 for the service, which is what I understood to be the case, and which I paid for with my Visa card. A couple of days later, this ValueMax charge showed up on my Visa bill when I was doing an online review of my account.

After numerous unsuccessful attempts to get to a human being to speak to at Value Max, I finally got someone who agreed to refund my $19.95, and to cancel my membership, a membership I never asked for or agreed to in the first place. I now have my Visa credit, but for anyone using the Intellius people search, be careful that you aren't defrauded this way. If anyone does find themselves prey to these thugs, pursue it to the point of satisfaction and funds return...don't let the fraudsters keep that $19.95 they steal from you.

Hp

Comments

• St
      5th of Mar, 2009

I was on peoplesearch.com 2 weeks ago and today I saw a $19.95 charge on my account to valuemax, I called the customer service line and they said that I enrolled through peoplesearch.com, well no I did not for 1 I would not pay for no coupons anyway, the rep said it would be credited back in 2 business days. Beware when using peoplesearch.com, check very carefully your account within the next few weeks if you do use that sight!!!

12th of Mar, 2009
    AP9 Value Max - unauthorized charges
    AP9 Privacy Matters

I ordered a one time report from Intelius People Search the same month Value Max started charging me a bogus charge 19.95 for something I never bought or spoke to anyone about. Then in February 2009 Privacy Matters started taking the same amount from my account within days of Value Max taking money out. This went on since November when I purchased my Intelius Report. I tried to get in touch with these people but never got anyone, so I cancelled my bank account and got my bank involved with a fraud investigation. I want these people stopped they took my information, where else is my info today. I am having to be even more cautious watching my credit and all my accounts. I want these people to be stopped.

• Au
      25th of Mar, 2009

Same exact thing happened to me. Except it was PeopleLookup.com instead of Intellius. I called up ValueMax today, got a person on the phone right away and she told me I'd have my $19.95 back in a matter of 1-2 business days. I was furious!

• Mi
      3rd of May, 2009

I totally agree, Same thing happened to me when my wife utilized the intellius service. Can you offer some advice or numbers you called to track down this fraudalent service that charged me! I could great use the help. every website i went to is closed concerning what is post on my account this is what showed up. AP9*VALUE MAX. hopefully you have some advice.

• Hp
      27th of May, 2009

Michael, I got a toll-free number to call the crooks from my Visa card bank. Check with yours and they should be able to help.

• Hp
      3rd of Jun, 2009

Well, I guess I've gotten to chapter three of this scam. Chapter two was an e-mail I got from ValueMax, offering to refund my fraudulently collected $19.95, long, long after my call to them had already achieved a refund of the challenged charge. A couple of days ago, chapter three...someone from Intelius sent me a certified mail letter explaining how it was my own fault that I was charged by ValueMax, and how I had signed up for their service after checking some 'box' and repeatedly entering my e-mail address to confirm that I wanted the ValueMax service and membership. What a bunch of malarky...these folks at Intelius and ValueMax must be sensing the heat that's coming their way, and to the Complaintsboard.com's credit, the letter cited my posting that you see above as the reason they sent me a Certified Letter to call me a liar, at the cost of $5.54 US postage, when the original service I asked for was only charged at the $1.95 standard rate.

I've got to say that I subscribe to a lot of services via the internet, and I buy lots of products, everything from tennis shoes to coffee tables, and I've never been tricked or scammed the way the Intelius/ValueMax scam took advantage of me, and I can only wonder how the 'officers' of these companies can challenge my veracity when they are the only ones who present such a scammy offer as the one they describe, and by which we were all abused. Sheesh!

• In
      5th of Nov, 2009

It sounds like you have accepted a third party company’s offer that is advertised on the Intelius website. If you no longer wish to be enrolled in that third party company’s service, please call 888-445-2727 Monday – Friday 4:30am – 9:00pm PST. We will be more than happy to assist you.