ap9 Shopping Essentials / Unauthorized charge to my credit card

1 United States

I found a charge for $14.95 on my credit card bill. The name of the company was AP9 Shopping Essentials with a phone number of [protected]. I called the number and after sitting on hold for several minutes, someone from customer service named Juanita finally answered and asked for my membership number. I told her that I did not have a membership number as I never signed up for their service. It took her a while to find me in their system. This is probably because if I had signed up with this "service" voluntarily, my name would have been my nickname, not my full legal name which would have been on my credit card. After she finally found me, I told her that I wanted to cancel and the charge credited to my account. Apparently, this would be a monthly fee for their shopping service. The woman was nice and said she canceled my account and a credit would show up on my credit card account within 2 days. I told her that I would be checking and if the credit did not show up, I would be contacting my credit card company, which I will do anyway just to be sure.

Te