ap9 savingsace / unathorized charge

United States, Ohio Review updated:
ap9 savingsace
classmate gave out my credit card info. with out my permission.ap9 savings ace charged my credit card 19.95 with my ok. I don't know how they could be allowed to do this.I guess I'm not the only one they have done this to.

A  20th of Mar, 2009 by
Apparently there was some check box or something that I overlooked when I signed up for MyLife.com (formerly Reunion.com) that allows their "affliliates" to have access to your credit / debit information.

I got an email from Savingsace.com that said the were going to start debiting my bank account. After spending time on the phone with MyLife (who had an "Oh well you must have authorized it attitude) and doing research I have located a toll-free 888-593-5216 at Savingsace.com to cancel your membership.
At first they ask for your membership number, telephone number, and creditcard number followed by the # sign. (YEAH RIGHT...I sure wasn't about to give them my phone number and credit card number again)
I only entered the membership number and then the # sign. It took me to a menu to cancel. It said to hit a number to cancel and seemed to accept it.
I also have been emailing the reunion.com / mylife.com people to complain about their association with this company. I can't believe that ultimately the revenue they might be getting for referrals is worth this bad press.

Some companies so far I have identified using this tactic:
Savingsace.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 Savings Ace)
shopping-essentials.com (may show up on your bill as AP9 ShoppingEssentials, IK9 Shopping Essentials)
A  28th of Mar, 2009 by
I go online and check my account and notice I have a charge from "savingace", yes people, they got me too. I don't know how in the hell they got my credit card info. So, I have to wait until monday to get this matter resolved. But, thinking about it, I paid my Directtv bill the other day and both transactions are pending on the same day. So, they must be in business with Directtv also, trying to get revenue off them. What a scan!! Now I have to call them and see if they will credit me or I'm out of $19.95. There has to be something that the people can to do, to stop this scan!
D  28th of Apr, 2009 by
Who ever you are, you charged my cc

Trans Date Description Purchases Credits
04/27/09 SAVINGSACE 14.95

I did not authorize this and i am going to contact my bank about you charge.

email garydaffron@hotmail.com
Gary L Daffron
A  3rd of May, 2009 by
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Yeah well they got my bank information from mylife.com and not only did they take 19.95 they caused my rent check and several items to bounce leaving my bank acct -150.00. had to cancel my bank card as to uncertain how many other crooks my bank info was passed on to. next step ...federal trade commission for both websites
A  10th of May, 2009 by
I signed up with MyLife because they told me "someone is looking for you" - well, it turned out the person looking for me was me - checking out what someone could find out about me. I chalked the $60 up to stupidity on my part.

Then I got my credit card statement and found the $19.95 SavingsAce nonense, immediately Googled "SavingsAce" and found the complaints listed here. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

Just got off the phone with MyLife - they are crediting my credit card for $48 of the $60 (I eat one month's usage charge - I'm cool with that). Tomorrow I tackle SavingsAce.
N  5th of Jun, 2009 by

ap9 savingsace - Never ordered

I never ordered this...It has been on my credit card bill to the tune of $19.95 times two months...I called to cancel via the 800 number...

Watch your credit cards closely!
D  12th of Jun, 2009 by
I never made this order. I appreciated it if you would refund my money to my account. In other words I want my money back, or I will file a complaint against you for Unauthorised withdrawal of funds. Thank you, Mary Fauble
A  12th of Sep, 2009 by
My husband also signed up for mylife.com, and VISA information, phone number, and e-mail were transferred to savingsace.com without our permission. The address listed on "our account" was incorrect, as was the phone number. However, navigating through their voice mail tree, and entering the correct phone number, got us to a representative. They charged our credit card $ 19.95 twice, without our permission.

**If you are wiling to give them your e-mail on the website, you can hack into your account. They will send you your account number, and then your zip code is the password.

We did contact www.savingsace.com, who agreed to credit the charges. We'll see if that really happens. We also cancelled the account, which we did not open.

I disputed the charges with my VISA card, so, we're not liable until they resolve it.

The name of the company running savingsace.com is:
Adaptive Marketing
9500 W Dodge
Omaha, NB 68114

We will also lodge a complaint with the FTC as did other posters.

The supervisors name of the customer service is Inez. We spoke with Tory, who agreed to credit the charges (again, we'll see).

We will continue to look into this, and will report back business days.
A  3rd of Oct, 2009 by
I just found this charge on my VISA this morning as I was paying my bill and realized that I have went over my limit because of this unauthorized charge. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this got on my account. I have been racking my brain to think of where they got my information!!! I am SO frustrated! I do NOT have time to mess with this nonsense!!! I disputed it with my card company and will follow up with customer service if I can ever get through to them!! UGHHHHHHH!!!