Ap Tourism / Very bad service

1 India Review updated:

AP tourism is a waste of money and time. If you go with them you are gonna be losing money and comfort for sure. Now I have two very bad experiences with AP tourism thats why i am saying that.

1. I stayed at ap tourism hotel in vijaywada in my trip. I paid 2500 for a room which is sort of on the expensive side but thats the only posh thing they have. their room sucks and their service and food is horrible and designed to get you killed. I visited a hotel which is swarna hotel also which i had happen to visit later on and i could see the difference and an ac room with them was only 1500. Food was excellent with them and service was also good. Needless to say i came out of the AP tourism hotel and never took a room with them again.

2. I used AP tourism boat trip in Rajamundry for papikonda trip and it was a big big mistake.
a) First of all they will treat you like beggars when you want the ticket, its a big line no place to stand but road which is horrible and then after you get the ticket you are gonna go on a real ride. They forced me buy transport from them.
b) I had a nice air conditioned car but i have to use their crappy broken car and pay them excessively for using that. And this is just the beginning. Everywhere you can see that they will take your money and will fool you this company is run by beaurocrats who are ### by defination. They will take your money and make you feel horrible. They will sit in AC themselves but wont arrange for even a fan for you.
Now let me continue my story. I then went on the boat when it finally arrived. I saw other private boats which were charging less and were neat clean and air conditioned. Now the AP tourism boat came at last. The boat was ok. and looked good from outside but from inside the story is horrible.
c) it gets hot in afternoon in Andhra sun is very strong and there were so many people in the boat. The boat's engine was horrible it would make a ton of noise and cause so much pollution, I wonder if there are any pollution checks for them. And while you are in the boat you will surely get a headache before you come down due to noise and pollution and heat. Now there were ac's in the boat but they were not turned on. There were two fans which were working. I have photos of everything in case you are interested. I turned on of AC on and sat there. As soon as the boat employees noticed it they had to turn it on for obvious reasons of making the customers feel like horrible and the fun thing is none of the ###s in the boat complained while there were like twenty people who came to enjoy the AC. Now i was looking for friends who will help me get the AC back on. After talking to a lot of people i found one and it was enough both of us would turn the AC back on now and i am very happy to say that it was on for almost whole of the trip and a lot of other people enjoyed the AC.
d) "The food". The food was pathetic it was good that we took some packaged food with us and we were able to survive. There was no cold water on the boat even though it was so hot. They were selling cold drinks on the boat for Rs 13 MRP9-10 well good the government is the first person breaking the law to make money by screwing up the people. Its interesting they had a cooling machine for cold drinks but nothing for water. you have to drink water which gets hot in the heat because The cooling machine for water was broken.
e) "Hazard to your life". Now this is the hardest one to believe I wont take kids or older people on the boat due to this. The boat will stop at a couple of places and in order for you to go on the boat or come down what needs to be done is hilarious. These guys will put a wooden plank which is about 6 inches wide and you have to walk on it to go back and forth now this is ok for people who are young and strong but not for anyone else and even for them sometimes the slope will be too much because the boat is high its very dangerous. You have to risk your life i would be surprised if no falls from it each month.

Comments

29th of Dec, 2008

This is to report a case of fraud/cheating that we have faced during our trip to Vizag.we had made a booking at Kolkata Office at Sikkim House for a room at Haritha Beach Resort, Rushikonda on 26-12-2008.We were given a receipt on behalf of AP Tourism. When we reached the resort on 20th Dec, 2008.

1)We were allotted one room at 10:00 am
    2)We were called at 10:30 am by the
    persons at the reception who refused to allot any room to us saying that they were not having any booking information against the above receipt no. and asked us to vacate the room
    3)After contacting the Kolkata Office they confirmed our booking asking us to wait in the reception for some time.
    4)The people at the reception were also contacted by Kolkata Office to provide us with a room.
    5)But the Hotel refused to authenticate the receipt provided by the kolkata office saying that the booking is invalid.
    Finally, we were thrown out of the room that were allotted to us.
    6)After repeatedly contacting the kolkata agent, we were unable to get any assistance for a room at Rushikonda.

Next, on the basis of the receipt(which was a genuine one), we were informed that no room can be arranged for us in Rushikonda. But against that receipt they forced us with a high budget room at Haritha Hotel in Vizag. The room was such a one where there was no curtain in any of the windows.There were red ants roaming in the bed to greet you on your arrival.

This totally spoiled my Vacation where my intention was to stay at Rushikonda and not t Vizag City where we had already stayed in Meghalaya Hotel.
    The very next day we visited the divisional manager who not only could give us any satisfactory explanation but also refused to accept any written complaints for thesame
    I would recommend that no toursist should avail any service by AP Tourism. If you do so please do it at your own risk. You will get no assistance from anyone. It will increase risk if you travel with family because you might have to stay in Footpath inspite of having a booking receipt and full payment...Be prepared...

• Dr
      1st of Aug, 2013

we have been to punnami resort rishikonda beach and stayed in A/C luxury room in Jan 2013. room was dirty and poorly maintained. room and bed was stinking and there was no tv/AC remote and nobody bothered when i complained and the reason they told me, all rooms are full and they will get remote once a room is vacated. food was ok. when i asked to lodge a complaint they gave me a number which never works, and asked to send an sms which was never replied.
    service was terrible. definitely overpiced