Aos Technologies, Inc / Misleading trial software

On 11/16/08 I did a web search and found FinalData's website. I had lost some photos and was trying to recover them.

I downloaded the demo version of FinalData Standard 2.0, and it recovered a large number of images that it displayed as thumbnails. When I tried to access those photos, it prompted me to purchase the program.

When I went to purchase the program, I found the "Photo Retriever" program and purchased that instead. It did not work. So I went back and purchased "FinalData Standard 2.0". A

Although it showed me intact thumbnails, I was unable to access the images without corruption. Almost half the picture was missing. I now had purchased 2 programs, neither of which worked.

On Monday, 11/17/08 I emailed the company (there was no phone number available). I explained the situation, and asked for either assistance in recovering uncorrupted files (if I was doing something wrong) or a refund since the product did not work as promised.

On Tuesday, 11/18/08 they emailed me back to offer a few suggestions and also to advise that sometimes the original file is corrupted even though it is able to display a complete thumbnail image.

I tried the suggestions and was still unable to recover the photos. So the following week I emailed them once more to advise that I was unsuccessful. I again expressed my frustration since I felt the product was misrepresented and felt entitled to a refund for both products. It has been more than 3 weeks and I have not received any response whatsoever.

I think their demo products should have a disclaimer that the files it seems to recover are not necessarily intact, as I was misled by the trial version.
Os

AOS Technologies, Inc. Logo AOS Technologies, Inc.
Customer Care Service