AOL / unauthorized charges

Indianapolis, IN, United States Review updated:

I to have charges from this place. If this provider is not affiliated with AT&T then why
on earth are these charges on my monthly phone bill and included in the total.
Sounds like a connection to me.
What a crock. How do they get away with this.
$197.40 to be exact. Charges on 3/16, 3/18, 3/19, 4/5, 4/6, and 4/16. and these just
now showed up on my phone bill

Comments

19th of Aug, 2008

FOR SEVERAL MONTHS MY CHECK ACCOUNT HAS BEEN DISBURSING FUNDS TO AN ACCOUNT WHICH I DID NOT AUTHORIZE. ACCORDING TO MY BANK STATEMENT THE ACCOUNT NUMBER SEEMS TO BE 0708 9325505. CAN YOU PLEASE TELL ME WHAT THIS IS FOR. I HAVE NO IDEA. THE BANK HAS BEEN NOTIFIED NOT TO DISBURSE ANY MOR FUNDS.

• Ri
      9th of Feb, 2009

I have been an AOL customer for over ten years. About two years ago, I purchased DSL through Charter Communications but I wanted to keep my AOL email addresses. AOL offered me a package for $ 9.99 per month. I took it. For about one year, I was charged $ 9.99 per month on my debit card. Then all of a sudden, I was charged $ 109.99 on my debit card.

Immediately upon learning of the error, I contacted AOL by email and contacted my credit union to inform both that this was an error that needed to be corrected. After writing several emails to both AOL and my credit union, I have not received one dime of a refund.

I like AOL as an ISP. However, their accounting and customer service policies are horrible. In my opinion, AOL's practice of charging a debit or credit card more than they have been authorized to charge is fraud and should be treated as such.

I know that the extra charges, etc are not mistakes because if they were mistakes once the mistakes were brought to customer services' attention they would be corrected. No such luck with this company.

I am extremely disgusted that a company of this size would continue to take advantage of their customers.