AOL ServiceBeware

S Review updated:

It is not a simple task.

You may not cancel online, imagine that. I not only notified them online to cancel my service and I forbid that they continue to make automatic withdrawals from my account.

Well, they did it anyway. I will be waiting on pins and needles to see if they can actually cancel everything properly.

In case you don't know, you must either make a phone call or send a fax.

Isn't it amazing that they don't make it that hard to startup service with them?

Of course, the entire time you are on the phone trying to cancel, they are trying to talk you into keeping the service, and then get snippy when they finally really it's a lost cause.

• C
      Jul 25, 2008
    AOL Service - billed me 32.90 unathorized
    1808 brightside ln apt 11c
    Baton Rouge
    Louisiana

i did not authorize aol to draft my account. I want my money back. I already have a service provider.

• W
      Jan 03, 2009

fir the last two month i have been charges & 29.50 each month twice how come..

• W
      Jan 20, 2009

For 10 years of my life, I have attempted to convince myself that AOL is not worth my aggravation...I have had billing problems, ID theft, CLONES, harassment, you name it... There was a time somewhere in 2003 that I was billed for 15 hours when on an hourly plan, when my computer was off and sitting on the floor of my closet not working... (I switched to monthly and hourly depending on my situation at times...but NOT this time...) I had to argue with them for months to take off the charges...THEN I was billed for "Privacy Guard when I didn't order it...System Mechanic when the trial ended...(and I called to cancel)...I was STILL billed...ahhh let me see...viruses, hackers, BOTS and worms, spyware you name it...and things I have forgotten (thank goodness)...AOL has always "Sugar Coated" the truth I think...about everything...The lovely AOL Cafe' once again refuses to listen to my latest plight concerning "Clones"...it is AOL's answer that "Clones" are allowed under the AOL "Rules"...imagine that??? A twin...an evil Twin no less...lol Well, seeing that I am not a "Paying" customer any longer of the lovely ever so concerned AOL...I suppose my argument is not valid...in the meantime...I continue my weekly calls...someday...in this lifetime...AOL might listen to the customers instead of worshiping the almighty dollar...

• G
      Jan 05, 2011
    AOL Service - SERVICE WAS CANCELED AND CHARGES STILL SHOW ON CREDIT CARD
    AOL SERVICE
    New York
    AOL.COM

12/22/10 AOL SERVICE [protected] NY ASSIST.AOL.COM A CHARGE FOR $4.99 SHOWS UP ON MY AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I SPENT ATLEAST AND HOUR ON THE PHONE CANCELING THIS ON 12/8/10. PLEASE CREDIT MY ACCOUNT AND CANCEL THIS SERVICE AGAIN!!!