AOL Mail / Download confirmation screen freezes

EVERY TIME I download ANY file attached to an email, the Download Confirmation screen freezes and cannot be closed. The hour glass cursor replaces the arrow/pointer and disables all access. This would require me to CTRL-ALT-DELETE to exit AOL and then I could open the downloaded file by opening the folder into which I downloaded the file.

The problem continues, but I found a way around it...

If you hold the ESCape key WHILE clicking the CLOSE or OPEN FILE or FIND FILE buttons (or the red X) on the Download Confirmation screen, it will work and you can continue.

I have reported the problem to AOL several weeks ago, but have not heard back from them.

A  7th of May, 2008 by
You might notice that there is an adin the download confirmation box each time this happens. If you click the ad, the hourglass problem is fixed. That probably means one thing - AOL is being compensated for click-thrus. If that's the case, we are being used and the advertiser is getting ripped off. I try not to click on the ad link for that very reason but at times, if in a hurry, I feel I have to do so.

I am not an expert in such areas. All I know is that if I click on the ad - and then go back to the download, I can access my file.
N  1st of Jan, 2013 by

AOL Mail - i have been resetting my password and i can never get
aol and aim
New York

i own lennypenny01 and lennypenny50 on the aolmail.com i have been resetting my passwords nearly fifty times a day i am not able to get on to my facebook accounts or my tag the online game accounts because of this i am not able to get my mail from either side i have bought things on line and i dont know if or when it will come in i have just payed for a psyic reading and i am not able to get the reading at all because of this and i am not able to reset it again i am off of it since yesterday can you please help. thank you my name is ellena m tilaj and i am not able to get in to lennypenny23