Aol / Chase Visa / Chase, you suck!

I have had this account since 1997. I have always paid my bill on time and in JUN/JUL paid in full a statement for $8,000.00. Prior to Chase taking over AOL/Visa there has never been a problem. Last month I needed $20.00. It was a Saturday and my bank was closed. I called the Customer Service 800 number to make sure that with my pin I could use it at a Chase ATM without charges. I was told yes by the young man I spoke with. I just received my AOL VISA statement. On that ATM withdrawl I was charged a transaction fee of $10.00 plus I am being charged a finance charge on that amount. I called customer service and could not get them to remove the charges. I then asked to pay for the transaction fee plus whatever finance charges accrued. I was told that I would have to pay this statement in full to avoid any further finance charges. I then spoke with a supervisor that would not budge.This one transaction will cost me more than the money I withdrew!!!! After all these years of using this card I am paying this off and actually calling them to take this card and shove it where it belongs. Even with a high credit line I have other cards which have the same or better. I was just about ready to change banks and open an account with Chase. Doubt if this will ever happen. I appreciate great customer service and this company doesn't know the real meaning of customer service....Chase you suck big time in this department.

Jp

Comments

He
  15th of Oct, 2008

I do not receive my statements most of the time, have to pay on the phone because their online is not working, had to pay for statements, again their online was not working. Everytime I get someone on the phone, they can hardly speak english. I am going to pay off the card and get rid of it. I have others that are great, I can check my account on line. Also, sometimes chase charges me late fees even though I pay every month, because its a phone payment and I did not get a statement. I do not trust a company that there online services are constantly down, and the person on the phone can not speak english clearly.

I just sat on the phone for 5 minutes to make a payment and had to hang up, tired of waiting. again, I am getting rid of that card.

Ld
  5th of Feb, 2009

Chase is a blood sucker. I got a laptop from Office Depot and made the mistake of letting them finance it for me through Chase. To my dismay if they don't process and post your payment by the due date they charge you $39 late fee. That happened TWICE. I second your motion to stay away from CHASE.