AOL / Difficulty cancelling the account

It took me almost one-half hour to cancel my AOL account. I attempted to cancel my account at 11:00 pm EST, because I thought I could reach customer service a lost faster. I was completely wrong.

The first customer service agent disconnected me after waiting for about 20 minutes to get through.The second said she could not assist me because her computer could not pull up my account. I asked for a supervisor waited about 25 minutes but no one came to the phone. I could hear the AOL customer service agents in the background but they would not exhibit basic politeness and tell me to call back,

I tried for over half-an-hour to reach someone but to no avail. Finally after about 10 or more attempts at redialing I reached someone. He wanted to know why I was cancelling my service, I had to laugh and only said I have a less expensive service please cancel AOL. He tried to to make various offers which I ignored and finally at about 12:20am EST, I had cancelled AOL, good riddance.

Comments

• Iv
      22nd of Feb, 2007

Aol had been charging me every month on my credit card for services that I had cancelled do to the fact that I did not had a phone line any more and I could not use their services. They told me that my account was already cancelled but charges and interest was and still not credited in my account. Do not use Aol at all. Better business bureau should investigate all accounts and should close that business down. I have proof that my home which I own does not have any phone lines until Nov 2006.