[Resolved] Anytime Fitness / owner is a bully

I am posting this everywhere I can because the owner of "Anytime Fitness Roper" Mr. Ali Ghani immediately blocked my wife and I when I posted evidence of how he talks to people.

My wife, who has a disability, signed up for Anytime Fitness Roper. Shortly after signing up she required a surgery that put her out of commission. The Anytime Fitness Roper manager told her that she was not allowed to cancel her account but allowed her to freeze her account. After months of inactivity a staff member asked if she would like to cancel instead, because apparently it stated in her contract that she could all along. Then, she received a phone call from Ali Ghani who is the owner of the Anytime Fitness Roper franchise. I've included below a link to my Google Drive account that shows how Ali Ghani bullied my wife. I'm not looking for anything by doing this, only to make people aware of how he's treating people because I'm sure she's not the first.

• Resolution statement

I was able to get in contact with Anytime Fitness Corporate and they assured me that they would be dealing with the individual. I did not have any further follow up from Corporate, but the new franchise owner paid us back (and a bit more) for what was owed to us and offered free services for a few months. I will put this complaint down as resolved as the new owner has made amends.

Ra
Sep 11, 2018

Comments

• Ca
      Feb 01, 2019

THE DIRTY ARMY: Nik, this is Ali Ghani the con-man and sexual harasser and pathological liar. Ali Ghani owns a bunch of Anytime Fitness Gym Franchises in Calgary and Edmonton now. He has refused to pay many of his staff and sexual harassed female personal trainers working for him. One of his female trainers was doing Stiff-Leg Deadlifts and he put his right hand on her glutes (a55) and she turned around and yelled “what the hell are you doing?” and everyone turned to look at him. He just stood there with an arrogant smirk on his face like he was invincible and could do whatever he wants. She quit the same day. He used to be CEO of the PRISM Group of Companies in Calgary where he conned people out of their money and got sued BIG TIME by the Alberta Security Commissions which you can read for yourself on the Alberta Security Commissions website and on NewsWire since it’s all public record. According to the Alberta Securities Commission Ali Ghani ADMITTED to making untrue and misleading statements to screw people out of their money because he had a No-Win legal case and he was desperate to strike a plea bargain with the Alberta Securities Commission rather than fighting them in court and losing. Someone also posted Ali Ghani on the The-[redacted] last year to warn people about Ali Ghani too. EVERYONE NEEDS TO BE WARMED ABOUT THIS COLOSSAL [censored] AND CON-MAN, DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HIM, JUST REPORT HIM.

• Ca

September 18, 2018 at 4:11 PM
    $38, 000, 000.00 Class Action has been filed to Ali Ghani and Dr. Abdul Ghani Calgary, Alberta. This could go up to $66 Millions Dollars for the damages.

After several months of legal work, BLG LLP – our litigation counsel for 2052227 Alberta Ltd. (‘Fundco’) — filed our claim against the Ghani’s and their related companies for the misappropriation of investor funds in five Prism properties – Heritage, Horizon, Summerside, Broadmoor, and Prism Place. Concurrently, the class action we are undertaking on behalf of all investors in these five Prism entities was filed with the National Class Action Database.
    I have attached both documents for your perusal.

Your collective investments in Fundco have facilitated this action. This action is ground-breaking. We have shown that we have the ability for small investors to stand together in a common purpose to hold management of a company that has abused investors’ funds to account.

Our effort and our case here are clear. I will state very clearly that all the information we have been provided indicates that the actions of the Ghani’s abused the investment funds provided for the properties. This is not a case of bad luck, bad timing, or inept management. The Ghani’s activities with the properties, and the funds flowing through them, show a pattern of extracting all value – whether invested principal or cash flow – into their own accounts. In one instance that we have discovered, they have admitted to fraudulently signing documents to facilitate their actions of removing your funds to their accounts.
    Collectively, investors in Fundco are showing that they will not accept this fraudulent misappropriation of their investments.
    Now, we see how the Canadian legal system works for investors.

• Ra
      May 23, 2019

@casey ryback That does not surprise me from the information I gathered about this guy. Do you need anything from me at all?

• Al
      Jun 08, 2019

@RaynC Please post more information about Ali Ghani with more pictures. Thanks

Ali ghani the con-man

The dirty army: nik, this is ali ghani the con-man and sexual harasser and pathological liar. ali ghani owns a bunch of anytime fitness gym franchises in calgary and edmonton now. he has refused to pay many of his staff and sexual harassed female personal trainers working for him. one of his female trainers was doing stiff-leg deadlifts and he put his right hand on her glutes (a55) and she turned around and yelled “what the hell are you doing?” and everyone turned to look at him. he just stood there with an arrogant smirk on his face like he was invincible and could do whatever he wants. she quit the same day. he used to be ceo of the prism group of companies in calgary where he conned people out of their money and got sued big time by the alberta security commissions which you can read for yourself on the alberta security commissions website and on newswire since it’s all public record. according to the alberta securities commission ali ghani admitted to making untrue and misleading statements to screw people out of their money because he had a no-win legal case and he was desperate to strike a plea bargain with the alberta securities commission rather than fighting them in court and losing. someone also posted ali ghani on the the-[redacted] last year to warn people about ali ghani too. everyone needs to be warmed about this colossal [censored] and con-man, do not do business with him, just report him.

May 21, 2019

Justice for James

I want someone to remove this conman from the planet. I am disgusted that the justice system in Alberta has not yet charged Ali Ghani with fraud and put him in jail. This worthless piece of crap needs to feel the suffering that he has caused others directly. Now that I know where he lives (no longer in Calgary) there are going to be consequences for his scum bag actions. Thanks for posting and helping me find him.

• Ra
      May 23, 2019

@James for Justice You're welcome. I did get in contact with Anytime Fitness's corporate office and made them aware of what had happened. They made me go into detail into what I had provided to the media and stated that they would be looking into the matter. I have yet to have a followup or figure out what happened.