Anytime Fitnesscontract

G Mar 01, 2013 Review updated:

Do not sign a contract with this company. Called and cancelled with-in the 30 days and they ignored it kept charging my bank. I finally told my bank to stop paying them. They then turned in the entire year for collection. Never visited the place after a couple weeks. They don't hadle their own billing, instead they farm it out to ABC Credit. Niether company knows what the other is doing.

• T
      Mar 06, 2013

Always follow up your phone cancellation with a CMRRR immediately. Somehow nobody feigns ignorance to that.

• T
      Mar 06, 2013

You have to write a C&D by CMRRR and tell them
    -you cancellation date
    -who did you talk to,
    -it was within 30 days
    -that they have no legal basis to collect.

By regular mail copy your letter to your State AG office, FTC, BBB, and anybody else you can think of.

• I
      Sep 02, 2014

I have a copy of the contract from Anytime Fitness that list the expiration date of the contract as 2/1/14. I have sent certified mail to the company and ABC Financial and tried and tried and tried to contact them to resolve the dispute. They wanted me to continue paying a small amount until the "contract expires" (???) I would not ($5 or &10 a month over months adds up) so they have turned me into a collection agency. I am 63 years old and HAD perfect credit-- never even a late bill. I've had multiple surgeries over the last few months (last one on August 20th) and instead of healing I am fighting this.
    Do not sign a contract with Anytime Fitness.

• I
      Sep 30, 2014

Anytime Fitness sent an altered copy of the contract I signed to the Credit Bureau. The original contract did not have a membership number and the ending date is 02/01/2014. An employee (not the current Gatesville manager) but someone I have never communicated with made statements to the credit bureau about what was said to me and sent an altered contract to them.
    It is illegal to alter a contract without the knowledge of the client. If you alter any legal document, everyone must initial where the alteration was made.
    You should not sign a contract with a company that alters documents.

I did not show my last name, contact numbers, and bank routing numbers for privacy.