Anya's Garden - Natural Perfumery Class / Substandard online classes

Miami Shores, FL, United States Review updated:
4.05

I wish to formally notify you that, as a participant in your course offering instruction in making natural perfumes, I have found your conduct in the supply and administration of said course to be unprofessional, uninformative, and an utter disappointment to me as a student. Furthermore, you have failed on two key points: your method of teaching and managing the course and its students is unprofessional, ineffective, and offensive; and your attitude towards myself as a student is rude, arrogant, hurtful, and completely inappropriate within the normal context of a student-teacher relationship. Furthermore I believe you have failed in your duty of care in

providing a service, and as such I wish to formally notify you that it is my intention to cease participation in your class with immediate effect, and to seek a full refund for the cost of the course as well as any and all additional costs, legal or otherwise, necessary to obtain said refund, through whatever means necessary, including legal means, as well as other 'creative' means. Also when I made a formal complaint I was told to un enroll from the class website and leave the class website. Cost of the course 800.00 USD
Va

Comments

Zi
  5th of May, 2008
Here is a link to a review of Anya's Garden's Natural Perfumery Class, the Natural Perfumers Guild is also involved.
He
  11th of Jun, 2008
I'm in the class, and there was no Jessica. This is probably Ruth Ruane who was very disruptive and we were glad to see her quit the class. Anya's class is great, and we're all learning a lot. Not one other student has quit. I've heard Ruth is trashing Anya all over the internet and it's not fair. One hyper unhappy student doesn't mean the teacher is bad - the student is bad.
Cl
  11th of Jun, 2008
When a client is unhappy with a supplier its down to the supplier to rectify the problem. If a problem cant be solved then a refund is the best option - business wise. A good name in business is vital and can be lost with one bad call.
This looks like one bad call.
Why not just refund, minus costs, and be done with it? If - as Heather says - its just one dissatisfied student. The fact thats not been refunded looks suspicious.
You cant take money from someone, then just take back all they paid for. Its like a shop taking your whole paid for shopping back without refund, because you said you didn't like the beans.
He
  9th of Jul, 2008
It seems like this is you, Ruth Ruane, under the name Clio. I recognize your writing style because you posted emails to the other students a dozen times a day. You were very disruptive. Why don't you tell everyone how you stole Anya's email list for her big group and spammed over 1000 people to come join your group just days after you quit class? She spent months apologizing for your nefarious ways!!!

I remember you, Ruth Ruane, posting to ALL THE STUDENTS you were losing your mind, you were having menstrual PMS problems, people were hacking into your computer, you were bullying us into separate lessons you wanted to conduct, and you were bullying us into your private chat. I have all the emails. You scared me!

You owe Anya money, and if you think stealing and lying and behaving like a crazy person on your blog is the way to get your money back, you must be crazier than you acted in class.

Anya's class is the most helpful, friendly way to learn, and the knowledge she's sharing with us is professional. You're the loser.
Ma
  26th of Aug, 2008
Ruth Ruane is a fraud, and now it's clear why she picks on such a great teacher as Anya - she's starting up a site of her own to teach - a real joke!!! She's setting up a "free" academy with somebody named justine crane who on her blog three months ago said she was closing her perfume company to study perfumery!!!??? That's the teacher for Ruth Ruane?

People, I'm telling you there's more here than Ruane's saying - she's rich, she lives in a rich part of town according to herself, yet she begs for money for people to send her to France. I think she felt rejected by Ms. McCoy putting her on moderation as others have said, and has what I now call Ruth Ruane Anger Issues Up the ###. Get help, Ruth Ruane.

All of the errors in the original Primer were corrected in the first revision, which I got. It's perfect.

All the educated and nice people in my class think Ruth Ruane is just nuts and now that she has show she wants to be "the most famous natural perfumer in the world" we all have it confirmed. Not even Roudnitska after sixty years of being acclaimed made such an egotistical bipolar statement.

Ruth Ruane, you need help, and you don't even realize the more you write, the more you reveal how obsessed you are with Anya McCoy, who has more friends and believers in her talents and wonderful help than you could ever dream of.

You are dreaming because you have RUINED your reputation in perfumery Ruth Ruane.
Ly
  27th of Aug, 2008
Ruth Ruane continues her angry rant still? I remember her as being a very insane person on the big NP group, and she was obsessed with Anya. Remember when Ruth Ruane wrote publicly for people to send money to Anya? Poor Anya, to be stalked by such an unhappy person. I can vouch that the Primer that Ruth is illegally posting is a fine document, Ruth Ruane of whitewitch is rewriting the Primer. Shame on her! Is she ill? That is the only way I can think someone can keep up such hate
Br
  28th of Aug, 2008
I think we should all feel sorry for Ruth Ruane, as it does appear she is ill. Anya is successful and life goes on. Let's all move on.
Ja
  28th of Aug, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
Doesn't it seem obvious that the only person who would post such negative and derogatory comments about the complainant in this case, is the business owner? This person is quite clearly making an attempt to blacken the character of the person making the complaint.

I would be very surprised if any students participating in the class would bother to make such awful comments about a fellow student who was unhappy with the course offered. If that is the case, the class would have to be a kind of cult and the person running the class would be manipulating the students like stooges, influencing them to make such comments, or perhaps bribing them. However, I doubt that this would be necessary, as it seems anyone can post comments on this site under any name of their choosing.

If one examines the vocabulary and the emotional content of the comments made against the complainant, it appears as though Heather, Maria, Lydia and Brown Eyes are the same person. They all seem to bear a similar chiding, insulting, conciliatory tone, in addition to obviously identifying very personally both with the complaint itself, and with the business owner. This kind of behavior is childish and inappropriate in the context of what seems to be a legitimate business complaint. I would bet good money that all of these comments against the complainant, claiming to be from various people, are in fact from one person - the business owner.
Br
  30th of Aug, 2008
I'm Brown Eyes and my post was not associated with the others. I'm a student who loves Anya very much and I have learned a tremendous amount in her class. You should not make accusations about me and the others, please, and it is not like you are associated with us. We are satisfied students, and I am a Buddhist who has no ideal to fight anyone. I am just telling what I see. You, dear James, are quite harsh.
  31st of Aug, 2008

I'm a student and not a cult member and never posted here before. We students are getting affidavits together to refute Ruth Ruane's character attacks against Anya McCoy. We're glad she finally went public and exposed Ruth Ruane's ambitions. We understand Ruth Ruane has started a new Academy for perfumery but she doesn't have any experience and the teacher she hired justine Crane closed down her perfume sales a few months ago and announced publicly she needed to study perfumery. That's a teacher? We've formed our own blog and will be sharing our stories of Ruth Ruane and how she tried to take over Anya's class and how we shrank in horror from the white witch - she's not even a witch, she just named herself that.
Wa
  1st of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree +1 Votes
As someone who has observed Ms. McCoy's online antics for years, I suspect Ms. Ruane is totally accurate in her statements.

Anya, like the missionary with the poisoned KoolAid, only has room for "true believers"...there is no room in her universe for any well reasoned disagreement, any constructive criticism, in fact, for anyone who is not about to bow down and worship the all powerful Anya McCoy.

Ms Ruane is not the first knowledgeable competent person in the field of natural aromatics to be pilloried by Ms. Mccoy, and probably won't be the last.

It's truly sad to see so many people buying this sham of graciousness and knowledgability, when those who have known her for years know what a mad dog she really is.
  2nd of Sep, 2008
Agree Disagree -1 Votes
If so many people are so gullible, why do hundreds of them link to Anya McCoy, and only one links to the White Witch, who is viewed as a pariah in our community for her insanely obsessed troll behavior on Ms. McCoy? I think Ruth Ruane drinks her own KoolAid, and has poisoned herself. She can't even give her free classes away, so Ruth Ruane has ruined herself. Nobody wants to have anything to do with her.
  2nd of Sep, 2008
I forgot to mention. If anyone wishes to read the rants of a mad dog, go to Ruth Ruane's blogs at http://whitewitch.ie and http://allnaturalperfumery.com and you will see a truly crazy internet troll in action. Nothing but crickets in Ruth Ruane land. She's made her soiled bed, she'll die - professionally by her juvenile, hysterical bipolar rants. Ding dong the witch is dead.

Read watcher and james and the defenders of ruth Ruane here. Then go read the blogs.
  11th of Sep, 2008
Once in a time there was a witch
She wanted to be powerful and rich
Living in insanity she wanted to be queen
But sorry for her she was ugly and mean

So she though she would write a note
A long letter by hand she wrote
Sending to the royal family
But once it arrived everyone though it's comedy

That a witch like her could queen
They agreed at once that she was ugly and mean
And of course she would never set foot in the palace
She didn't drink from the chalice

They sent back a letter which said:
"You must be wrong in your head"
"Sending such a stupid letter"
"Even you should know the better"

In furious rage the witch became
But in the end she only had herself to blame
So she tore the letter apart
And then used some half-arsed magical art

Taking her broom and flying wrong
Thought that her voice she must carry on
But once she arrived she was refused
Why did everyone look so amused?

An evil witch and her evil brews
Yesterday’s rubbish, yesterday’s news.
  11th of Sep, 2008
Once you were civil
Until desire brought upon evil
For the sake and love of wealth
You hit good people below the belt

Don't you know what I already know?
All substantial material will come and go!

Evil is the enemy and is envious
Evil is vengeful and vicious
Evil is ill, immoral and inauspicious
Evil is loathsome and lawlessly ludicrous

Once you were civil
Until desire brought upon evil
You conceal, steal and kill
To round up your shady deals

I do not wish to intrude
Neither do I wish to be rude
But did you know as you should
That evil will never conquer the good
Sa
  24th of May, 2010
What a bloody mess Ruth Ruane of whitewitch.ie and naturalperfumeacademy.com is!

I enrolled in her "free" class last year. She used the stolen Primer from Anya's Garden to teach it! Well, she had a no-name person teaching it, and it was a mess. I know that Ruth Ruane and Justane Crane took all of the methods and techniques from anya's course to create the Natural Perfume Academy! What a crock! I took Anya's course in the Spring of 2008 and chatted in the student forum with the previous year's students, the ones you scared with your email rants and the ones you spammed and boo-hooed to. So I got into your course and got a look at the incompetence. Now you're www.naturalperfumeacademy.com and charging $1000?! You never made a perfume! Your instructor makes unrecognized perfumes, except if her friends are reviewing them, ROTFLMAO.

Be warned. Ruth Ruane and Justine Crane are riding on Anya's coattails to try to make money. Anya was first, and her course is the best! She wins awards with her perfumes and is the most energetic, helpful teacher ever. Now the true motives of Ruth Ruane are seen, she thinks she's a whitewitch, but she's a fake who had to steal to try to create her own "academy"!!!
Un
  4th of Feb, 2011
CAVEAT EMPTOR! BUYER BEWARE OF ANYA'S GARDEN
BUYER BEWARE:

I will NEVER buy another product from this woman again!
Sent away for 3 sample perfumes. Wanted to see which I liked before I invested. THANK GOD I DID THIS!

The samples were of a calabur of a beginning 1st year aromatherapy student who was never going to make it. Discriptive words that come to mind: stinky, offensive, badly blended, horrific, cheap.

One reminded me of that cheap perfume from the early 1900's called Evening In Paris. It was a cheap stinky perfume that was popular in the depression era. For all I know, she's rebottling it... and it was better than the other one which just smelled acrid!

The samples were expensive, and there were only a few drops of each.

Here's the kicker: One sample was missing. I emailed her asking for a refund (I was SURE I did not want it after smelling the others). NO refund, NO email back, NOTHING.

Note: I have a friend who is a very well known "nose" or perfumer. He thought they smelled like crap too.

I would be ashamed to wear these perfumes. They would make anyone smelling me think I had no taste, or rather cheap, bad taste.

Think twice before buying from this woman!!! SHAME ON YOU ANYA! SHAME, SHAME SHAME!

Anyasgarden.com Logo Anyasgarden.com