AntVirus2008 / Rip off

Phone: 877-871-7412

Do not even read the pop up from AntiVirus2008 and if possible, protect your credit card information. They somehow got mine and tried to charge me for services I never even inquired about. Thank god I have a prepaid credit card and I will not put anymore funds on it. I also already had mcafee security, so I know I didn't have any viruses on my computer, but it was slow and for a while I couldn't do anything until I unplugged my computer and it was gone, finally. Total scammers and thieves!

Va

Comments

• Wa
      17th of Jun, 2008

A friend of mine keeps getting this message come up aswell. Are you saying the way to combat it is to just switch off the pc and then restart to clear the problem?

• Er
      28th of Aug, 2008

Number one: Anti-Virus does not mean you can't get a virus. That's like saying because you have an immune system you can't get sick.
    Number Two: If something pops up asking for you information that you did not download or do know know anything about, STOP RIGHT THERE. Do not do anything, search for the name of the program and find more information about it.

Lastly, I do not recommend McAffee, Norton, Trend Micro, or Panda anti-viruses.

If possible go with Kaspersky or Live One Care and remember. Just because it's on there doesn't mean it's working. You need to check up on it and keep it UP TO DATE.