Antivirus software / scam

1 LA, United States Review updated:

THIS CAME UP ON MY LAPTOP AND SAID IT HAD WORMS, VIRUS', AND TROJANS AND IT WOULDN'T LET ME DELETE OR CLOSE THE PAGE SO I THOUGHT EVEN THOUGH I HAD MCAFEE SOMETHING MIGHT OF SLIPPED THRU AND SURE ENOUGH IT WAS A SCAM. THESE PEOPLE GOT ME FOR $99.85. I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU WOULD TAKE THIS OFF ONCE IT COMES UP ON YOUR SCENE, BUT I CALLED AND CANCELLED EVRYTHING. HOPEFULLY I DID IT IN TIME!!!

Comments

• Ta
      16th of Jul, 2009

Fake antivirus software

• Me
      2nd of Mar, 2010
    Antivirus software - program does not work
    Linda
    Alabama

I was charged $99.85 for the $49.95 program that does not work. I want a refund for the full amount of $99.85, credited to my account by 3/4/2010 or I will fill fraud charges against the company and its owners.

I will call the attoney General and have this looked into as soon as possible and with the other complaints I know they will have no problem bringing charges against these people.

4th of Mar, 2010

where did u call cause it happed to me too

4th of Mar, 2010

same thing where did y call

4th of Mar, 2010

same thing happened to me where did u call

• Gl
      6th of Mar, 2010
    Antivirus software - ANTIVIRUS SOFTWARE
    Gloria Chandler
    Akron
    Ohio
    Phone: 2506 Cedar Creek Lane

I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME ON MY PHONE AT 330-990-9707, REGARDING THE ANTIVIRUS PRODUCT I BOUGHT IN FEB. FOR 69.9, WHICH TURNED OUT TO BE $72.05, AND I KEEP GETTING THESE POPUPS ON MY COMPPUTER SAYING I AM INFECTED WITH 48 OR 49 VIRUSES. I WANT THIS FIXED, I ALREADY PAID FOR THIS SERVICE FOR ONE YEAR.

I NEED IMMEDIATE HELP. I WILL NOT GO INTO MY E-MAIL FOR FEAR OF SOMETHING ELSE COMING UP SO I NEED SOMEONE TO CALL ME ON MY PHONE. MY COMPUTER HAS GONE COMPLETELY BLACK, BUT IT LET ME GO INTO THE INTERNET AND OVERRIDE THAT SCREEN.

330-990-9707. TODAY, I NEED HEL;P

• Gl
      6th of Mar, 2010

Same thing has happened to me, where did you call for a resolution? 3/6/10

praises5703@yahoo.com

• 2m
      8th of Mar, 2010

If it was from a company call personal security - it is a rogue hoax virus. It is not real. But to get it off you have to pay Personal Security to take it off. If you can download Spyware Doctor that will get rid of it. It is the only software I have found to get rid of it.

• Ji
      21st of Mar, 2010

You need to download a couple things. First - download Spybot S & D (it's a totally free download, available at www.download.com, a CNET site). Install Spybot and run a scan. Also, download and install MalwareBytes Anti-Malware, again, a free download. Between these 2 legitimate programs, the malware that is infecting your comp will be found and eliminated. To find these 2 programs, simply key "free spybot s&d download" (without the quotes) into your search engine for "Spybot" and "free malwarebytes anti-malware download" for Malwarebytes (no quotes). If you still have problems, write me at keyboard.king@yahoo.com and put "Malware Problem" in the subject line - I may be able to help.

• Tw
      7th of Apr, 2011
    Antivirus software - $9.90 to $99.90
    interactive softwaresho Baku Az, software4sale Baku Az

I found many complaints against this company that uses different names but has BAKU AZ. What happened to me is very similar to those who complained here. However, it happened to me twice. On March 4, 2011 a blue and red 'fishnet appeared on my screen and warned me of a virus that is about to damage my computer if i do not click the software to destroy it. I was suspicious so I tried everything to remove the warning. Nothing worked so I was forced to click the button and gave my credit card because it was only $9.90. After three days, it happened again. this time I made sure that I removed any thing that looked like the icon anywhere in my computer and sure enough, it did not occur anymore. However I received my credit card statement today and found that I was charge twice for $99.90 amounting to my local currency of P8, 885.22 which is a lot of money in my country. I just wrote to my bank; I do not know what they can do about it. Can the people behind this fraud be caught? Can they return my money?

• Sg
      23rd of Oct, 2011
    Antivirus software - Unauthorised annual renewal
    Norton ANitvirus
    India

Norton has debited my credit card with Rs.2092.78/- (44.999 USD) on 07th august 2011 though not authorised for the same & moreover the company has not even informed me about the same.

• Ju
      24th of Oct, 2011

Hello!

No need for you to worry about the charge because Norton tech support would be very happy to assist you reversing the charge.

Here's what actually happened (or somehow happened.)
    Maybe you used Symantec product before and you purchased it online. Symantec has this feature called Annual renewal wherein it automates the renewal process to save you and other customers from the hassle of manually renewing their subscription yearly. BUT, prior to being charged for their annual renewal, an email will be sent( i think that was 30 days before subscription ends) and that email contains a prebilling notification and it will give you an option to OPT-OUT of this renewal. But if you wish to continue, just ignore the email and the renewal proceeds after 15days. Now you will ask me, "I didn't receive any emails". Maybe the email went on your Junk/Spam Filter OR the email associated with you Norton account is already invalid (this commonly happens if you lose subscription with ISP's like verizon, comcast, at&t, etc)

Just contact Norton Support at 800 745 6061(US) and have your billing statement and email or order number(if present)

thanks!