antivirus 360 / Fraud/Scam

1 FL, United States Review updated:

I too had been scammed on Feb. 10th. While surfing the web this Anti Virus thing poped up on my screen telling me that I had contacted a Virus. I tried to just delete the pop up but it kept coming back. I could not get rid of it so I decided to just buy the protection. I received a confirmation e-mail where there were key code numbers which supposedly I needed to apply before I could start using the download.
However when I opened up the file it just started to do a virus scan (which was bogus) because I never entered the key code numbers they gave me from the e-mail message. Immediately I knew something was up so I went to the complaints board and sure enough Antivirus 360 had already had some complaints. I then called my credit card company to report a fraudulent website and cancelled my card as well as put the amount of the charges in dispute. I then went back to my e-mails and pulled every e-mail contact off the confirmation page and sent threatening e-mails to them and told them about my credit card phone call as well as them being on the complaints board and I demanded a credit to my card telling them it was in their best interest to immediately credit my account for selling me fraudulent antivirus protection. Shortly afterwards I received (2) e-mails one of which was some support group which you would never get a refund from and the other was a BINGO. The e-mail stated that I will receive full credit within 2-weeks. I did receive the credit within a couple days. For those of you trying to get a refund you can try this e-mail as I did. Send an e-mail to (antispywaregroup@yahoo.com.) Hopefully that will work as this was the e-mail address I wrote to that got the response from (alisiawatson@antispywaresoft@gmail.com). Of course you can try the second e-mail as well but you might not want to scare off your refund so I would try the first one and see if they write back and if you don't get a response then try the second e-maill address.
I don't recall ever seeing a phone number to call so looks like all we have to go on is the e-mail addresses.
Hopefully you all have your confirmation e-mail with your confirmation numbers as you may need them to get your refund so they can match up the amounts to credit you properly.
Good Luck and I hope you all can get your money back as I did.

Comments

• Pe
    antivirus 360 - can't get ahold of anyone
    Peter Wyant
    2188 Oxford Drive
    Staley
    North Carolina
    Phone: 3366221103

i have been trying to contact anyone at this number, 1-202-436-9063, to cancel my subscription to Antivirus 360, and cannot get ahold of anyone. i paid $79.95 for this subscription and i can't do anything with it. i purchased it because it was always on my screen. it hasn't been helpful. what can i do to get a refund??

• So
      17th of Feb, 2009

Antivirus 360 is a fake program and part of the Win Antivirus line of viruses. Your eighty dollars went outside the US to scamers who have already moved it from bank to bank. You need to contact your credit card company or bank and work with them to see what can be done about reversing the charges. No amount of calling the fake 1-800 number or complaints to boards like this will get your money back.

You will need to remove the virus yourself or get the help of a professional computer repair shop with good references to rid yourself of the problem. Sorry to say it will probably cost you more than the eighty dollars to have your computer cleaner up if your not tech savvy enough to remove a virus yourself.

• Ji
      17th of Feb, 2009

AntiVirus 360 is a virus. You need to get it out of your computer.

• Ji
      17th of Feb, 2009

A google search will help you get rid of it.

• Mo
      19th of Feb, 2009

To somecallemwaffles and Jim, you can go to this web site and report this mess, I have...
    http://www.ic3.gov/contact/default.aspx good luck!

• Ki
      11th of Mar, 2009

This is very helpful information. I am glad you got your refund. I just hope that I will now get a refund. Thank you for sharing.

• Ca
      22nd of Mar, 2009

What a ripoff av360 has pulled. Where or who do I call to get my money back.

• Lo
      26th of Mar, 2009
    antivirus 360 - YET ANOUTHER FOOL
    LOUIS VENTER
    South Africa
    amanda@communicall.co.za

My computer with this antivirus 360 and i could not get it off, i paid R1000.00 To get the package and now still sitting with the same problem i contact them by email the same day to get support or a phone no. to help me, or to please give my money back now after 5 days i have not be able to contact them, can anyone help me to get a refund back. contact me on +27824177951 or amamda@communicall.co.za