AntiVirus 2009 / fraud

1 FL, United States Review updated:

In July 2008, Antivirus 2009 came on my computer and would not let me do anything until I subscribed to this product. It blocked all my attempts to delete it. I finally subscribed to it just to be able to access my computer. I thought I had an antivirus -- cost $105.00. When I went on my computer tonight, there was no antivirus and am not able to access it through the web seach. The phone number is no longer in service. I am now getting the same tactics from cyber defender. I refused to purchase cyber defender, which touts itself as being free. Not only do I have no antivirus, but am also out the cash. I see that I am not alone in my complaint with this company.

Comments

• Br
      6th of Aug, 2008
    AntiVirus 2009
    Phone: 1 800 4671077

I asked for ONLY the antivirus, never received via e mail they also billed my credit card for other items which i never asked for and now they won't refund my money... I am REALLY HOT and if my rent and bills all bounce they will be sued BIG TIME.

• Le
      8th of Aug, 2008

I just had the same thing happen today. We had already got stuck with the 2008 version of this hoax. My girl friend was frantic because the computer has ben down all week and I haven't been able to get there to do a system restore. She doesn't know how, so she bought the 2009 anti-virus hoax. When I checked my email, not only was I charged $49.95 for the program, I was also charged $34.95 and $24.95 for 2 other programs. Needless to say I was right on the phone. They did finally issue a refund (that I should see in 1-3 weeks) it's amazing how fast they take your money and how slow they give it back. I threatened them with lawsuits and of course they argued with me. Being the stubborn Italian I am, I would not get off the phone until they had issued a refund and even threatened to fly out to their company and settle the matter in person. I made sure they knew that they did not want to deal with me in person. The upside- they issued a refund, the downside- it will take 1-3 weeks and most of my bills will bounce and cause overdraft fees and I will have to deal with the bank to prove it was this company'es fault.

16th of Aug, 2008

I also have the same problem. I am not very good with computers and thought that the program was from microsoft. i couldnt do any searchs when it launced all on its own. it locked all my internet access. I also have over draft fees because this was charged more than the cost they say. This happened 4 days ago. My computer was restored and any information was lost on the the program that was purchased. I can not find any phone or address. To dispute this my bank says I have to prove that I have contacted the company. Does anyone have a phone number for antivirus 2009. the web site also has shut down.

• Pi
      19th of Aug, 2008
    extra billing
    Pennsylvania

My credit card company contacted me the next day after purchasing this, they said it's origin was Isreal. A scam that said I had viruses that I needed to download and purchase the antivirus 2009 to get rid of the viruses. It was a scam to steal credit card numbers.

22nd of Aug, 2008

I am so upset that this has happened to me also. I had to wipe my computer completely out and use the start up disc to reset everything. I just bought this pc less than a month ago. Having had a trojan before I knew instantly what it was. I sent the company an email in hopes that they would respond of course they haven't. Then imagine my suprise when I check my bank account...which I do frequently and there are not one but 3 charges to my account!!! I am getting pissed of just typing about it now!!! What can be done to get my money back??? What can be done to make this company pay???!!! If anyone has any information that can help I would appreciate it. Thanks to the ones that have posted here because your comments have helped me feel a little better. To anyone who wants to get rid of the virus you can do one of two things...use your start up disc and wipe your pc out completely...yes you will loose everything but if you don't do something you will loose it anyway. You can also go to mozilla firefox and that website has some programs that are free that can help you get rid of the virus. I didn't learn about the mozilla website until I had alreay wiped my pc clean because I was fortunate enough to have the original start up disc. Also at mozilla firefox you can download for free a program that will prevent at least for the time being another program like Antivirus 2009 from infecting your pc. God help us if someone creates another program worse than this one (and we all know someone will because hackers live to screw with other people)
    anyway thanks for listening to my rant!!!

Sabrina

22nd of Aug, 2008
    AntiVirus 2009 - It is a scam
    Antivirus 2009 (microsoft)

I had the Antivirus 2009 attack my pc. I was lucky enough to have my orignal start up disc so I was able to wipe my pc clean and start over. I have only had this pc one month. I developed a trojan(virus) in my other pc and it completely crashed. I was and have been pissed off!!! Imagin my surprise when I log into my bank account and I see not one, but three charges from this company for products I didn't want nor did I pay for. They hacked into my pc...stole my banking information...and took a total of $104 dollars out of my bank account!!! I sent an email to the "company" and to no avail because I haven't heard from them at all. I want my money back!!! This company needs to be called to task and sued so that they stop what they are doing!!! I am going to file fraud charges against them and do all I can to get my money back. If anyone needs help you can go to mozilla firefox and they have programs that are free to help you get rid of the virus. I didn't find out about the website until I had already wiped my pc clean. They also have free programs that you can dowload that for at least the time being will help protect you from these kinds of programs.

Thanks for listening again,
    Sabrina

• Ri
      24th of Aug, 2008

although i havent had money taken from my bank . i have two laptops and a pc all infected with antivirus 2009 and i have had to restore to factory default : you can only find it in your program files but if you delete it ... it is still their when you reeboot... something should be done to stop this otherwise others may try antivirus aproach to ripping off users and infect their systems

• Is
      24th of Aug, 2008

Yes this software is actually a adware. to remove it please visit the following address

or simply google

24th of Aug, 2008

do you have the contact number you used?

25th of Aug, 2008

I too have been duped. I thought it was a program made by a credible source like Microsoft since it has a symbol identical as the one Microsoft uses. I am going to give them a call and demand a refund. If I do not see a refund, I will file a class action lawsuit with my family lawyer. These people responsible will be in the gutter when this is all said and done. They have broke many laws, despite their "Legal notice" that we "Agreed" on.

• St
      25th of Aug, 2008

I just had the same thing happen. I purchased the software and when my computer was about to download it stopped. So, I thought it was done, you know the down load did not work! I went out and purchased Norton and then, I get my credit card bill and I not only paid for the down load I didnt receive but two other things!!! I called the phone number that was on my credit card statement and spoke to someone who by the way I could barely understand. He said they would be sending me a link for a refund and I'm still waiting for that. What a JOKE!!!

• Ka
      28th of Aug, 2008

All you have to do is contact your bank and dispute the charges. I think that it will be hard to sue, due to the fact that I heard they are based out of Isreal.

• Sg
      11th of Sep, 2008

ANY ONE KNOW what name THIS FRAUD CO said they would use to bill your bank? i need to report the scam to my bank etc but don't want to go back on to find out what they said they would bill under.

11th of Sep, 2008

Stubborn Italian,

I would like to propose legal action against yourselves for downloading and installing a virus on your own computer. Twice.

• It
      19th of Sep, 2008

I am in the process of trying to dispute charges too. I thought I was dealing with Microsoft until it was too late. I can not find a phone number or a legitimate web address for them. Can anyone help with that? Thanks. It is not right that they can do this!

• Ze
      3rd of Nov, 2008

I work for an ISP and i run into spyware problems all the time, the AV-2009 scam has affected so many people, and I just have 1 question, Why can none of these people be brought to court? Its clear they are nothing but a scam, Scams in real life on the streets, People ripping you off, if its clearly a rip off, Doesnt the law have some method to prevent this? Cant these people be put in jail? Real hard time?

• Ne
      10th of Nov, 2008
    Hirsch Family LLC
    One Biscayne Drive
    Atlanta
    Phone: 404-355-9080

I purchased Antivirus 2009 Porfessional back in July of 2008. I know have an actual virus on my computer and have not been able to remove it with the software. All attempts to contact the company and get the issue resolved have been unsucessful. Even the telephone number associated with the company has been disconnected.

15th of Nov, 2008

crod number antivirus 2009

15th of Nov, 2008

crod numbre Antivirus 2009

• Gu
      17th of Nov, 2008

the product sold is simply not an antivirus software.