ANTIAGE RESV / Online Ripoff

1 CA, United States Review updated:

They were to charge my visa card $3.95 and send me a "free" bottle to try the product. Instead, they skipped the $3.95 and went straight on to charge me $87 plus change. I lodged a complaint with the Federal Tade Commission on their website ( Google "where to report internet fraud" ). They are unlikely to do anything unless they get multiple complaints, so all of you, please lodge your complaints. If any lawyers will take this up as a class action lawsuit please post your particulars. thank you.

Be

Comments

• Ej
      10th of Jun, 2009

$ 87.13 charged to my credit card, this was not authorized and I am seeking a refund.

Same here!!!

• Le
      11th of Jun, 2009

The same thing happened to me !!! Just saw the charge. Should have been 3.95 and there was no small print saying they would charge something else!

11th of Jun, 2009

Well, I found a phone number to cancel membership, otherwise you'll get the charge every month. It's 1-866-955-8531.

• Jm
      11th of Jun, 2009

Yes, you can cancel but they still charge you for that "FREE" 30 day supply sample if you don't call within 14 days. It took 4 days to get here so that leaves 10 days to try. How can you see if a product is going to do anything for you in 10 days. It has been almost a month now and no changes in energy. I'm complaing to BBB and stop payment on my credit card.

• Re
      12th of Jun, 2009

Found a charge last month and thought I would receive something else that I could send back but nothing. Then another charge again today. $87.13 stolen both months. They charged $99 initially, and now $87.13 monthly. I haven't seen any changes in my energy. What can be done?

• Wa
      12th of Jun, 2009

I was also charged the 88.87 by Antiage Resv 800-233-0968 . Never a cahrge for the 3.95. This is gaint bait and switch. I called and basically told too bad they would cancel but not refund.

If anyone has a resolution to this scam, please email me at wchicoine@petedge.com

• Bo
      12th of Jun, 2009

Me too. Just looked at my bank statement. $87.13 charged. Was suppose to be .99 cents shipping. I tried to call but got no answer. I can't beleive this was on 60 minutes. 60 minutes needs to review this company & warn everyone. Go back & look at their website, it's confusing & hard to get out of. I haven't tried their product yet but if they are that desparte to get your money that they are scaming people I'll bet the product is a fraud too. I'm going to try the 866-955-8531 number that someone else mention to cancel my membership (thank-you), before they steal any more money from me.

12th of Jun, 2009

I called the 866 955 8351 to cancel and can do it pretty easily using voice prompts. However, reaching a human being is impossible. I will be disputing the 87.13 charge immediately with my bank and they can call me to get their product back. How much do you want to bet that these are surgar pills?

12th of Jun, 2009

I called my bank. They are reversing the 87.13 charge as they have record of other complaints. They are issueing me a new credit card number. So, even if these guys ignore my cancellation request, no more charges can take place. I will be d____d if they will even get their surgar pills back.

13th of Jun, 2009

Good to know, James!!! I already contacted my bank. I'll have to go there today. Thanks!

• Me
      17th of Jun, 2009
    ANTIAGE RESV - bogus charges
    Antiage Resv
    Massachusetts

I was on line and signed up for free sample of this product. While on line it said that there wouldn't be any shipping charges -great! I get the product, which made me sick so I threw it out. That was in May, today I see THREE charges for this product in the amount of $87.13. Can't get to talk to anyone at the company. My bank is removing these charges, but beware, this company is no good.
    thanks,

15215 W. Krahn Ct.
    New Berlin
    Wisconsin
    Phone: 2627867304

Very mis-leading ad. Free trial costs for $3.95 shipping charge, results in $87.13 charge on credit card. Fine details are in the "Terms and Conditions", results is a legal binding contract. Unable to obtain refund! This is a "legal" ripoff.

• Ca
      22nd of Jun, 2009

i cancelled after free trial...befor 14 days and charged $83.18

• Sm
      25th of Jun, 2009

Congrats. You all fail . You're all really good at reading your bank statements, but not reading terms when you give out your credit card number. It's like you expect everyone to clean up a mess you created. It says right on their website that you have 14 days to cancel or else you are charged for the product you ordered. AND if you cancel it, you don't have to return the product you recieved. It's good to know that you all will spend time causing a fuss being charged for something all of you could have avoided if you took half the time you spent complaining researching the product.

25th of Jun, 2009

Too bad you're not smarter than a monkey. I'm not sure about anyone else, but I got charged before the 14 day mark and I hadn't even received the items EVER! So thank you for your brillance... NOT!

• Ba
      25th of Jun, 2009

I have to say you are both right. It is the consumer's responsibility to carefully read the terms and conditions, especially when shopping online, before giving out their credit or debit card info. When giving out this info you are giving others direct access to your personal accounts and authorizing them to make charges according to the agreement. As for disputing these charges, the merchant is not going to have to eat the charge since they had you agree to the charges posted to your account, the agreement that most of you ignored. That means that the bank is eating the charge as a courtesy for you.

As for Tamara 8517, you do have a case for disputing the charges. You need to dispute it and show that you were charged prior to the 14 day trial period, and also show that you have yet to receive any product. But make sure you call that number to cancel any "Subsciption" you unknowingly signed up for.

• St
      25th of Jun, 2009

I got charged about 3 days after my pills arrived. I never had the chance to open them, much less get them sent back in time. However, I think I was charged right on the 14-day mark. Yes, it took that long for them to get the pills to me.

These things said, I *did* see the terms on their site. I am mad, but mostly mad at myself for being a sucker.

By the way, the 60 minutes show had nothing to do with this company. The show was about the science of resveratrol, and about a company that was working on a product that had potency that was 1, 000 times stronger than standard resveratrol (that is, 1, 000 times more potent than the pills you guys and I bought from this company).

The good news is, if you call the number, you get an automated prompt and not an AOL-esque jerk who is going to do everything they can to keep you from canceling. The down side is that you never get a human. They do that on purpose, of course; they know they're making suckers out of you and me, so a true customer support line would be "bad for business".

Jon

1st of Jul, 2009

Reservatol was supposed to be a free sample, plus s&H.

Canceled within 3 days of receipt, sent back to sender and e-mailed via their web site intructions.

They billed me 87.13 anyway.

I called to complain and they stated I had not followed their requirements. BS.

• Ba
      6th of Jul, 2009

I just found out today that we were also scammed. I tried to use my credit card but it was rejected. The credit card company cancelled my card due to the numerous charges this company made on my credit card. I had no idea they charged me twice and I could not get a hold of that stupid company to reverse the charges. They tried to charge me again but luckily my credit card got cut off. This is a scam per the credit card company please let everyone know. I will file a complaint in hopes they go after this company. We followed everything we were asked and they still charged us twice in one month! And I only received one set of pills still in the package! And those numbers do not work because you cannot get ahold of anyone to reverse the charges. The complaint from Monkey is related to that company so beware!