Anti Virus And Spyware / I had loose my soft ware

1 5120nw radial hwy#24Omaha, NE, United States Review updated:
Phone: 4028124268

I recently contacted symantec about a problem getting online with my dsl connection. With the aid of my service provider we discovered that norton antivirus wasn't loading correctly. They suggested uninstalling and reinstalling the software, which i did. While norton antivirus was removed i was able to connect with the internet and my local network. I contacted norton to have them reinstall the software. They told my i had window related problems and that the fee would be $169 for a one year service pack. The two agents were very pushy insisted that microsoft charges $300 for the same service and their accredited agents the same. I learned through microsoft that i could use their antivirus software for free and the installation was free as well. Avg wanted $49 to remove and repair the files + $65 for a one year subscription. They also sell a service package but they had a clear advantage. With avg you get a clear phone connection and you aren't dealing with heavy accents. When you combine those combinations i would much rather pay someone i can understand. Norton, in one telephone call, went from a first class service, to scam artists.

Ja

Comments

• Fu
      28th of Nov, 2010

Yes you are correct but they are all scams. These products just bog your system down and rarely protect your computer when necessary. If you need to use an anti virus I would suggest Microsoft Security Essentials. It is very free and runs without slowing your system down. Do not pay for this type of service. They are a rip off. I sometimes feel that these companies create these viruses to scare people into trusting them. Don't waste your money on these types of services when there are free choices that are just as effective.