Anthony Sylvan Pools / pool popping

Anthony Sylvan Pools
I am the 4th owner of a home that had an Anthony Pool installed. Most recently, the pool started coming out of the ground. I was in the process of preparing the pool interior for a new coat of paint. I was told that the hydrostatic valve (something I knew nothing about) would automatically to balance the pressure of any out going water with any ground water. This valve did not open and now I have a pool that is 2 feet above ground (on one side). GREAT. I called Anthony for advice and they just passed me around. Even if the pool is out of warranty, I merely wanted to know what my options were. They were rude and not customer friendly AT ALL. I will probably have to dig this one up but I will not be calling them to install a new one. NO WAY. NO HOW.

D  3rd of Jul, 2009 by
Sounds like you were going to attempt to paint the interior finish.. apparantely you drained all the water out of the pool & there was no weight to hold shell in place. therefore the shell popped out of the ground. Depending upon time of year you did this & considering soil conditions in Maryland, it probably didn't take much pressure to pop up like a champagne corkscrew. this is something a professional should always do as they have expereince. Painting a pool isn't as easy as painting a wall in your home. Its better to not save a buck & hire a experienced professional.

Also you didn't buy the pool from them? you are the 4th owner of the home where it was installed...how old is the home? keep in mind that no pool company will just keep transferring a pool warranty to new owner everytime a house changes ownership.

I guess someone needs to be blamed for your mistake after you called them to help pick up the pieces. Nobody wants to hear the word "no" or take responsibility for their own actions. If I attempt to fix my own car which I bought used & I mess it up..who is to blame Ford? the previous owner? The dealership where previous owner bought the car? Me? Unfortunately remedies to fix this are very expensive as the shell is ruined & plumbing cracked. The only answer is to bust it out & build a bigger pool in the same hole or fill it in completely.
N  19th of Aug, 2009 by
kameleonkuma...Doesnt sound like original poster was criticizing workmanship of Anthony Sylvan pools. It does however sound like he was critical of their customer service after he called and asked for advice about the predicament he found himself in. You would think any company that boasts of it's attentive customer service would use a call like this to a) help a potential customer b) build customer relations c) use call as sales opportunity for repair or replacement of pool. Apparently the national economy isnt effecting Anthony Sylvan pools...business there must be great.
N  1st of Apr, 2013 by
Thank you for sharing these concerns. We're sorry to hear that you were unsatisfied with your experience we would like to speak with you to better understand your concerns and try to find a positive resolution. Please contact our Customer Care team, at customercare@anthonysylvan.com, with a telephone number and best date and time to reach you. We look forward to speaking with you.

Anthony & Sylvan Pools Logo Anthony & Sylvan Pools