Anthony & Sylvan Pools / being told by company to &go after& pool cleaner

1 Pecos Road and Sunset RoadLas Vegas, NV, United States Review updated:
Phone: 877-say swim

My pool has been done for less than one year. The wet deck was poor plastering from day one. They have partially drained my pool 2 x and fully drained it 2 X . They have been pointing fingers for the past year, looking for someone to blame. They now say for me to go after my pool cleaners because the problems are from poor chemicals.

A couple problems with that. The last time my pool was drained, J & J Pools came to to my setup for Anthony Sylvan and finished on Friday and Monday morning first thing I call Anthony Sylvan to say someone get out here right away something has happened to my pool.

The only other pool service I used was Gator Pools, which is the Company that Anthony Sylvan sent here to do my initial set up. Each person they are trying to blame are or have been their employees during the time that the damage was done.

I want everyone in the Las Vegas or Henderson area to know - DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Read all the complaints on the Net. Don't just read page one. Keep on Reading down through the pages and you will see exactly what I am going through.

I would be happy to show my pool to anyone that wants to see it prior to making a decision with Anthony Sylvan. Or I would be happy to meet with you and Anthony Sylvan so that you can see how they treat their customers. Especially after they have been paid in full!

I HOPE THIS CAN SAVE ONE PERSON.

PATTI HAMILTON.

Comments

15th of Jul, 2008

I am having many problems with them as well. My pool is only 2 years old. My pool has not worked right since the first summer it was installed. I am looking to get a group together against them. Please email your contact if you are interested in going forward against Anthony Sylvan. Thank you

• Ru
      20th of Aug, 2009

I have a beautiful Anthony & Sylvan Pool...it is over five years old.
    This company has been building pool in Nevada for over 20 years with thousands of installations. Set aside the hundreds of thousands built coast to coast.

I would highly recomend the company...because they will be there when real issues arise.

Ruth Brown

• Pa
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Please, read the thousands of complaints all over the United States from consumrs that have had the same problems over and over with Anthony Sylvan. Anthony Sylvan is just the Salesman. Then, they hire all subcontractors to do the work. When the job is done they all point fingers at each other.

Don't anyone for one minute think that Anthony Sylvan is a retutable Company. They keep trying to push back all the complaints by having their distributors add positive remarks online. However. Keep scrolling down. You find will so many complaints in so many states that I can't imagine you then wanting to do business with them.

Who is better? I would say ..anyone? Patti Hamilton, Las Vegas, Nevada

• Pa
      23rd of Aug, 2009

Anthony Sylvan wil not honor their service agreements. Once the pool is paid in full. You are on your own. Just don't use them. That is the best vice anyone can give you!

• Br
      22nd of Jan, 2011

Pool built by A&S in 2005. Heater failed in 2007 and when installed was a model the industry was trying to dump on consumers because it was junk. Deck cracked in many spots 2007 and continues. Plaster starts turning to powder and settles to bottom of pool 2008 and continues with each opening..Skimmer doors need replaced twice a year @ 45.00 each since build. Numerous underground plumbing leaks since build. Today pool looks good from an aerial view but up close I'd be skeptical about even swimming in it. Never received a COO (Certificate of occupancy). Would never get approved today as the heater sits in a pile and bottom of pool fills with plaster powder every opening. Going to buy our own heater and have pool redecked and plastered this spring. Run as fast as you can from A&S!!!

• Rw
      19th of Jul, 2011

Anthony and Sylvan screwed me. My pool built in 2007 and showing rebar stains at several places due to poor construction. After 3 years, they will not even return your calls. They had a good reputation for many years, but now they just want your money and don't care about how long your pool last.

• Dw
      26th of Jul, 2011

pool built in 2009 while my home was under construction. The sub contracted concrete company was a joke. would come to the door and demand their money before they started. never return phone calls. the plaster is a disgrace and tried to blame it on me when it looked that way from day one. the plaster started pitting and i could see concrete six months after water was in the pool. i ALSO have rust from the the rebar in my spa. they didn't put the bullnose tile on my bar stools. it's been almost two years have giant cracks in my deck. they never cleaned up the yard. i have tile seperating from my fire pit. the deck edge is split and cracked at the lip of the spa...etc. etc. etc. need i say more. not to mention exact same situation at my inlaws. had two pools done at the same time by them and we got screwed. i recommended to my nieghbor not to go with them and they threatened to void my warranty if i didn't keep my mouth shut!!! A&S in Las Vegas is a joke.

• Se
      12th of May, 2012

Thank you very much for these posts! We are moving into a new house and were contemplating 3 companies, Renaissance, Blue Haven, and Anthony & Sylvan. After reading all the reviews online, we will be going with Renaissance and a ceramic/fiberglass pool...I wish I didn't have to worry about getting screwed when buying a pool in Las Vegas and could just shop for the best price.

Sergeant Mike