Anthony Sylvan Pools / bad service, no callbacks, shoddy warranty

1 Doylestown, PA, United States Review updated:

Horrible company to deal with. Service people do not call back. Impossible to get anything fixed under warranty. Salesperson is the biggest liar ever.

Comments

• Ci
      22nd of Sep, 2008

I agree, as a former employee of A&S, I've seen too much and found corporate does not care about the customer, just the customer's money.

• Dp
      12th of Feb, 2009

We have been trying for FIVE years (our pool is 5 1/2 years old!) to get the cracks fixed! Now our deck is cracked and sinking, the cracks in the pool are bigger than ever and we must add water constantly! A&S never answers their phone or calls back! Five times the plaster has been "repaired" with globs of some material which produces large "seams" in our pool! It cracks again within a few days. Do not EVER do business with A&S! They do not care about the customer!

• Bi
      8th of Jul, 2011

We have also had many problems with A&S from the installing the wrong color plaster, blotchy plaster job, leak at the equipment, destroying neighbors landscaping leaving us to pay the repair costs, not providing equipment manuals and plenty more. I have escalated my complaints to the top (Neil Coyne) in Doylestown, PA corporate office and I just get promises with out results. They appear to be liars and full of it. As long as they have your money do not expect any customer service or results from them. The salesman Brian in the Southern Maryland area is useless also. Make promises and then denies them. He lied to the county engineers and left me hold the costs for the repairs. Horrible Horrible company and service. I will be filing a claims against them...

• Ji
      5th of May, 2012

We had an A&S pool put in 3 and half years ago. After the first year, we started to see some discoloration of the plaster. Our chemicals have always been balanced properly. We had called out service people and they downplayed the issue. This year, the entire pool looks like someone scribbled with crayons all over the plaster it is terrible. It is actually wearing away after not even 4 years. We have called A&S and they have agreed to send someone out for "good customer relations." However, already basically told my husband that it was not going to be covered under the warranty. My dad has a 27 year old pool from Sylvan (before they had merged with Anthony) and his plaster still looks great. That is why we used this company. However, I am horrified at the appearance and wearing away of this plaster in such a new pool and would caution anyone against using this company.

• De
      13th of Sep, 2018

@Jill36 Can you give me any advise on how your pool situation has turned out?

• Te
      12th of Aug, 2014

I had pool built by Anthony Sylvan about 4 1/2 years ago. During that time the pump was replaced within the 1st year among other parts . of course not everything was covered by the warranty. My pool was supposed to have a sheer descent but after several months of battling with trying to get this fixed they finally realized that it was not working properly because a sheer decent cannot work on an inward curb..(Oh, and although I'm not a pool builder that was supposed to be fault) the only way to fix it was to expose the plastic bar across the outside of the pool to avoid bending it so it would stay straight and work properly . I gave and decided I was not about to let this affect my health any longer. Every time I spoke with them my heart rate went up. Even the sales person who I worked with AS called to apologize for their Customer Service I had received and to inform me that he no longer worked for them (?). This has been the biggest mistake I have ever made in my life. I called about a week to inquire about transferring the pool warranty since I'm selling my house and today I finally got a call back and got hit with the news that there is a transfer fee of $500.00. I have read their website several times and no were does it explain this but the person who called was very direct and quick to say that its written in the contract. And I will accept fault that I did not read the entire contract but I do recall the sales man who came to my house being very excited about AS lifetime structural warranty which was transferable but at not time did he make mention of a fee. A friend of mine was also there when this took place and he also does not recall any mention of a fee to transfer a warranty. This company is the crooked and is only looking to take advantage of people . DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND KEEP LOOKING FOR ANOTHER BUILDER.

• Mr
      12th of Sep, 2017

Anthony & Sylvan renovated my 30' by 50' in-ground pool. Every Spring since it was installed, I open the pool and it has cracks running down every wall and the floor. We keep losing 8"+ of water every day and the costs of repair, water, and additional chemicals costs into the thousands every summer. Their own employee stated that the job was not done incorrectly but no one at A&SP does anything to fix the underlying cause. Either they don't want to spend the money or they just have no idea how to fix the problem that they created. Either way, They are not a good company!

• De
      13th of Sep, 2018

@Mr. spk I am having terrible issues also - have you had any luck with your complaints? Any advise???