Anthem Claim Management / They don't provide insurance

Don' t use Budget Van Lines. They are a broker even though they have they use "Van Lines" in their name. They broker you to another company who picks up your things. They sent Star Box Van Lines to pick up my items. Star Box charge us 3 times what Budget quoted us and wanted cash. Then when they delivered, they stuffed things in my garage and I was pregnant at the time and had no way of moving it myself. I called back Budget and they told me that they had already spoken to Star Box about this and they were very sorry and wanted to come back and fix it. I told them I did not want Star Box back in my house. I also asked them to explain how we were charged 3x as much and they said they would check with Star Box and call me back. They NEVER return my phone calls and have never given me an answer. One last thing. My husband and I took out $.60/per pound of insurance. Star Box scratched and gouged my bedroom suite, scratched my wood floors, dropped our big screen television, scratched and dented our bombay chest. It was about $2500 worth of damage. THEIR private insurance company, Anthem Claim Management, LLC offered my $78 dollars and said that our things had depreciated. I believe all three companies are connected and they are running a scam.

Comments

• Sh
      8th of Jul, 2007

Yes, Anthem Claims Management is a scam company set up for fraudulent (i.e. 'scam' ) moving companies. If your moving company is connected with this firm in anyway, I would avoid them as they will scam you. Lightning Moving, Inc. out of Pembroke Park, FL is a scam company and it's owner Golan Lavi is a scam artist. Most of these companies are run by Jews - straight from Israel... so I wouldn't expect anything more from these guys.

• Dg
      8th of Jul, 2007

All these free trials are sold through telemarketers. Now, when telemarketers are doing verification, one should very very very carefully listen to the complete verification.

If they don't agree with any, they should say no.

As with any free, there isa monthly charge associated and all should understand that.

• Lo
      18th of Jul, 2007

It is too bad that consumers sign their life away for 6o cents per pound per article, and don't understand the rules and regulations of moving their own goods. Then they turn to sites as this, and complain. Anthem Claim Management is not a "scam company", they are all certified Claim Adjusters through the AMSA and adjust claims according to the letter of the law. Unfortunately, consumers blame their stupidity and ignorance on this company. They are established and I challenge anyone to try to debate this company's intentions, as they are third party claims adjusters and do not side with either the consumer, or moving company.

• Sh
      25th of Jul, 2007

Louise... I guess you're right. All those hundreds of complaints against Anthem must be incorrect... pleeze...

They're established in the someone's (Josh Lewis') House...

• Bi
      1st of Aug, 2007

Uh, Louise Levy works for Anthem. Call the 800 number and ask for her.

• So
      3rd of Oct, 2008

My moving company did about 4000.00 in damage and I received a settlement from Anthem for 210.00. I had pics and everything of all the damage and the inventory was listed on two different sheets. When I received my settlement it was only settling on half the items and they stated they must have misplaced the other part of the damage list and to resend it to get it adjusted. After I did that I was then told that I was bascially S.O.L. because someone made a mistake and I should have never been offered any settlement because I did not specifically list all the damage on the inventory log the day my shipment was delivered. I was told by the driver that I did not need to do that, after I asked about all the damage, as he told me thats what the claim form/process was for. So the rude gentleman at Anthem told me he felt I should not get anything. I was going to fight through arbitration but had some other family issues going on and settled on the 210.00 but not after I told anthem what I thought.

12th of Nov, 2008

I don't work for anthem and even though you won't necessarily like what I'm going to say it's the truth.

Anthem Claims Management is doing NOTHING wrong or illegal. They are an independently contracted service. They do NOT side with moving companies or consumers. Do people with damages like what anthem has to say? NO, NEVER... Of course they don't. Why?

Well it really comes down to transport laws in this country. Legally, moving companies are only required to provide what is known as basic valuation coverage for the moves they perform. Basic valuation coverage only pays claims at 60 cents per pound, which of course will not cover the replacement cost of anything. However that is how the laws are written. They are not written to benefit the consumer, they are written pro-business.

If the laws stated that a moving company had to pay the full replacement value on each missing/broken item then 1 of 2 things would happen. Either a lot of moving companies wouldn't exist because the cost of paying higher premiums yearly for providing this kind of coverage would be really high, or the cost of paying higher premiums would be passed on to the consumer through the moving cost itself.

All I'm saying is that Anthem Claims isn't doing anything illegal, there is a very specific protocol to follow when filing/processing a moving claim.

Anthem Claims is a company of a few people who contracts with moving companies to handle the claims for them so their own employees can focus on running their company instead of dealing with customer issues regarding to damaged goods. There is nothing illegal about that.

The bottom line is that customers need to better understand what it is they are signing for when transporting goods with a company. They should have less faith in the words of a sales guy and should rely more on their own ability to read and interpret words. It clearly states on all interstate bills of lading under option A for insurance that the coverage is 60 cents per pound. So think about it... your new $2000 TV that only weighs 150 lbs will only be covered to $90 through basic valuation. Where people come off thinking they will get more is beyond me. It just goes to show how unintelligent most people in society are this day in age.

• Pa
      19th of Nov, 2008

TO CHRIS:
    You are partially correct. Anthem and the movers they represent have found all the loopholes in the moving business and use them to their advantage. Take a look at their internet site: ACM. They are masters at denying claims. They denied my claim saying they had an inventory sheet that I had signed saying everything was delivered and in good condition. I signed no such sheet. They gave me no phone number to call. They hope people will just give up. You are wrong, but if it makes you feel better to say that the public are idiots who don't understand the rules and laws, go ahead. It probably helps you sleep at night. Just because you have found a way to legally get people's money since government oversight has not caught up with the moving industry and these scam artists. Every person I have dealt with in my whole moving nightmare has been a new enough American citizen to still have a strong accent. Russian, Hispanic to name a few. You are all giving yourselves a bad name. "Move to America and get in on this great deal!" we find trusting Americans who think they can trust us! Hahahaha!

• Tr
      8th of May, 2009

I am currently experiencing the Anthem method of "settling" claims. Wish I'd seen this website before I moved. I used Quality Van Lines out of New Jersey, and they not only cost me lost wages due to their unreliable service, but did over $4, 000 worth of damage to my belongings. They also "lost" a number of items, and charged me an additional $100 cash before they would unload the truck. Now Anthem is offering $200. Nothing for the lost work days, nothing for the stolen items and no recognition of liability. Look at their website -- they come right out and say they save thousands of $$$ for moving companies by refusing claims!

RUN, don't walk away from Quality Van Lines and Anthem.

• Su
      22nd of Aug, 2009

I used A-trans moving and storage to transport my household items from NY to CO. My items arrived 6 days late and many items were lost and my furniture was broken. Aside from that, I found out that the moving company was operating without a US DOT license for INTERSTATE moves. I paid them $800.00 to crate my bedroom furniture because they stated that they were responsible for the full value of the items if I used their service. Well I did~ Anthem disregarded that they were operating without a DOT license and the cost of the damaged items that they were responsible for. The crated items are valuied at $40000.00, and that does not account for the other damaged and missing items. they had the nerve to offer $500.00. Therefore, I believe that my moving company was a scam and the Insurance company is just enabling them.

17th of Nov, 2010

The WORST moving company in the world. My experience took about a year off my life in terms of stress and aggravation. It's not just me: Google the phrase "Sky Moving & Storage" and scan through the complaints on several different web sites.

They only things Sky can guarantee are:
    1) They will jack up your rate.
    2) They will be ridiculously late delivering your goods.
    3) Their reps will be rude to you once the trouble starts.
    4) They will lie.
    5) They will make your life a living hell.

God forbid you should go through the experience I went through -waiting 17 days for them to deliver my belongings. And cheating me and trying to get extra money every step of the way.

SKY MOVING & STORAGE, Hollywood FL
    and ANTHEM CLAIM MANAGEMENT
    10/11/2007 SKY MOVING & STORAGE: Zero stars ! Absolutely horrible customer service. Make so many promises that they cannot keep. Not only were they 4 days late after charging me an extra $2000 for expedited service, they forced me to pay that charge even though they didn't fulfill their end of the bargain, despite speaking to the federal investigator I had reported them to.They demanded full payment while the load was still enroute. They refused to charge my credit card and would only take cash ?!?!?! They lied to me repeatedly about the location of the truck, and I know this because I had already talked to the truck driver and I knew that they were lying. Additionally, Kim, the manager screamed at me, basically held my delivery hostage for ransom, and then delivered MOST of my things, numerous items smashed beyond repair. They then lost several items such as an antique coffee table, and the back off of a custom built Italian chair. Making it even worse, the delivery men tore up the carpeting and put holes in the walls of my entryway that I now have to pay to repair. When they left, they stole all of my moving blankets and then nobody at all would (and still won't) answer any of my calls. But if you like lying, cheating, stealing movers that will guarantee a late delivery with all of your valuables destroyed, then these are the movers for you !

ANTHEM CLAIMS MANAGEMENT are a part of the whole scam and facilitate the criminality, fraud, extortion and blackmail of this and countless other 'moving' gangs.

SKY MOVING & STORAGE, Hollywood FL
    and ANTHEM CLAIM MANAGEMENT

SKY MOVING & STORAGE, Hollywood FL : The WORST moving company in the world. My experience took about a year off my life in terms of stress and aggravation. It's not just me: Google the phrase "Sky Moving & Storage" and scan through the accumulating complaints on several different web sites.

They only things Sky can guarantee are:
    1) They will jack up your rate 3-4x the original quote IN THE MIDDLE OF THE MOVE, and hold your belongings for ransom, DEMANDING CASH FOR THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS or they will keep your belongings.
    2) They will be ridiculously late delivering your goods.
    3) Their reps will be rude to you once the move is in process.
    4) They will lie, cheat, damage, defraud, extort, blackmail.
    5) They will make your life a living hell.

God forbid you should go through the experience I went through -waiting 17 days for them to deliver my belongings. And cheating me and getting so much extra money every step of the way.

• Cj
      18th of Mar, 2011

Anthem Claim Management is run by Joshua I. Lewis, Pres. and Mr. Robin Ware Operations manager. It is located in Joshua Lewis's home at 2351 W. Memorial Court Anthem, AZ 85086 If you contact United States Movers Association to request arbitration of a dispute you may find it interesting to know that this entity is located only 1.9 miles away from the home of Joshua Lewis and Anthem Claim Management. When you call US Movers Association about arbitration, you speak with Robin--That is Robin Ware who is the operations manager for Anthem. When you file for arbitration, you will find that you can not be present at the actual time that arbitration is done. Robin says it is all done by paper only and that the arbitrator is really not him, but American Arbitration and Mediation Organization at 644 Greenville Ave. suite 212, Staunton, VA 24401. There is no phone number for this organization and it is not recognized nationally. When you look into the address in Staunton, there is not business for arbitration at that address--there is a Papa Johns Pizza, Healing Touch Bodyworks and Massage, Local Handyman Repair, and a UPS Store. It is a fake address for a fake entity. Robin Ware is the person behind this scam along with Joshua I. Lewis. Robin Ware also owns another moving association called America's Best Movers. If you call their phone number 877-476-5983 you get Anthem Claim Management. These two scam moving associations run by Robin Ware are responsible for bilking the American public by creating an image of false integrity for hundreds of scam moving companies. Do not use any companies that have membership with either American Movers Association or America's Best Movers because they are all connected to Robin WAre and Anthem Claim Management and United States Movers Association and the fake arbitrator in VA American Arbitration and Mediation Organization. cj singleton PO Box 933 Danville, KY 40423 Please reply to the PO box if you too have been scammed by these organizations so that we can unite and get them put away in jail where they belong.

10th of May, 2011

Everyone: BOYCOTT & FILE COMPLAINTS, REPORT all those criminals to the Federal Department of Transport, Fed'l Consumer Protection, Fed'l Justice Department, Fed'l and State business Licensing Agencies, local municipal and state governments, mayors, governors, District Attorneys' Offices, etc.
    LET'S CLOSE ALL THESE CRIMINALS DOWN, GET THEM IN PRISON or DEPORT them and recoup restitution from them.
    -Anthem Claim Management
    -Sky Moving & Storage
    -A-Trans
    -Quality Van Lines
    -Lightening Moving Co.
    -All "United States Moving Association" members and affiliated entities.

• Jm
      27th of Jul, 2011

Anthem Claim Management is a company that moving services who can't deliver on their promises or mess up in the process hide behind.
    - Top Class Moving and Storage located in Skokie, IL is one such company who misrepresented themselves, their services, and their costs on several occasions. I could deal with that - shame on me. But when they lost a large item of mine in transit, they deferred to Anthem Claims Management who ruled in favor of the moving company and therefore were not responsible for any compensation for my loss (which was valued at around $250 - not an earth shaking amount, i just wanted someone to assume responsibility).
    - Following a request for more information and a proper explanation of my declined claim from the claims adjuster, Jonathan Lloyd, I was told that "i could be [censored]ing" (even though i provided all receipts for the provable value of the item) and was further dealt with antagonistically. Jonathan Lloyd then said "[censored] you buddy" before hanging up the phone (albeit after an unkind word or two from me). Check out their website, it claims their office is in a stately French manison - it's comical!

• Cj
      28th of Jul, 2011

Any male that answers the phone for any of these entities is probably Robin Ware alias Donald, etc. He goes by different names to confuse the issue and appear to be a large organization when in fact he only operates out of his home. See attached summary of findings. Also file with the Department of Transportation by contacting Laura Alva at laura.alva@dot.gov She is the safety officier investigating Anthem Claim Management and Big Sam Transportation now Peace of Mind Relocation in Van Nuyes, CA. Her address is US Dept of Trans. Federal Motor Carriers Safety Admin. 2297 Niels Bohr Court, Suite 204, San Diego, CA 93154-79115 Phone 619-710-8421 In addition contact the Arizona Dept of Commerce and file a complaint against Anthem Claim Management and the rest of Ware's fake companies. The more people that do this the sooner he will go down. cj singleton

• Sc
      21st of Sep, 2011

This place is a total rip off I called them at 87 working days and they said they did not recieve my claim until a later date the response I got from them was "we might have not been here during that time as we were on vacation and did not pick up mail not only should you check the moving company you should check their insurance co. If it anthem GO SOMEWHERE else. You cannot get anything done with these people they think they can do anything they want maybe where I moved from but it dosent fly in Texas my dad is a judge updates to follow

26th of Oct, 2011

PLEASE PLEASE ADD BECKENS MOVING AND STORAGE TO YOUR LIST OF SCAM ARTiSTS --- DAMAGED FURNITURE MISSING FURNITURE NO RESPONSES and then GO TO ANTHEM FOR YOUR CLAIM-----WHAT A SCAM ___ Police Comm. KELLY close these crooks DOWN!!!

• Gl
      9th of Dec, 2011

Add Global Relogistics and Super Movers to the list. Our stuff was delivered to Florida two months after it was picked up in LA. We were constantly lied to. I am now dealing with Anthem. I filed my claim two months ago, I spoke with them last month and they said they were waiting for information from Supermovers. when I called today, they informed me that there was no bill of lading, I had to direct her to the page of the claim where it was included. So, now, two months later, I got a letter saying an adjuster will let me know in two months what the outcome will be. Along the way I have signed documents from movers who were in touch with my belongings telling me that the numbering was off and factory packaged boxes were stolen. Any suggestions for the next step? Can they be sued in small claims court?